Any Baby Slings in Canada?

Old October 18th 05, 01:34 AM
stasya

Default Any Baby Slings in Canada?

Does anyone know where I can get one? I don't mean the Baby Bjorn
carriers where the concept is the legs hang out, this product is a
sling to tie on so you more or less wear your baby. There's one in
BabysRUs in the States but they don't seem to carry them in Canada and
I can't get them to ship it to Canada from Amazon.

Stasya

Old October 18th 05, 01:48 AM
Melania

stasya wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get one? I don't mean the Baby Bjorn
carriers where the concept is the legs hang out, this product is a
sling to tie on so you more or less wear your baby. There's one in
BabysRUs in the States but they don't seem to carry them in Canada and
I can't get them to ship it to Canada from Amazon.

Stasya

I do know lots of people here wear slings. Milkface is a Canadian
company, and so will certainly ship in Canada: http://www.milkface.com/

I'm in Vancouver and I bought fabric to use as a wrap. Now I am going
to be trying to find someone through Mamatoto to teach a babywearing
class in my neighbourhood, since I can't get the hang of tying the baby
on by myself.

Good luck!

Melania

Old October 18th 05, 02:51 AM

Where in Canada do you live? Any medium-to-large city will have
specialty shops carrying cloth diapers, consignment baby goods, baby
clothes, environmentally friendly baby products, specialty toys etc.
You can often find good quality slings at any of these places. I
bought a Heart-to-Heart sling when I lived in Toronto a few years ago.

I think Sears had them in their catalogs last time I checked!

I'm sure that even if you can't find a store physically near to you,
you could do a web search for cloth diaper stores in Toronto or
Vancouver and find a place that would let you mail order a sling.

I also see brand-new slings in garage sales and baby clothes swaps
pretty regularly -- some moms buy them or recieve them as gifts and
then don't like using them.

Good luck! I'll be looking for a new one myself soon -- my first two
children wore out the Heart-to-Heart and I'm expecting again...

Sharon

Old October 18th 05, 05:59 AM
Jenrose

"stasya" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know where I can get one? I don't mean the Baby Bjorn
carriers where the concept is the legs hang out, this product is a
sling to tie on so you more or less wear your baby. There's one in
BabysRUs in the States but they don't seem to carry them in Canada and
I can't get them to ship it to Canada from Amazon.

Stasya

Check out www.thebabywearer.com and click "Vendors" and North America and
the top 20 or so are Canadian. Maybe more.

http://www.thebabywearer.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?Vendor_(North_America)
is teh exact link.

Pookababy.com and Mamakangaroo.com are two of teh ones I have personal
contact with.

MamaKangaroo has a terrific stretchy wrap. Pookababy carries a variety of
products.

Mother's Helper is another one where I know the owner.

Jenrose

Old October 18th 05, 06:30 AM

There are tons. Here is an online source for one made in Canada.

www.heart2heart.on.ca/

Mary G.

Old October 18th 05, 11:42 AM
KR

I have never seen them in the Sears catalog, the Canadian sears
catalogue is different then the American one too.

I live in Atlantic Canada and we have a shop called Hempware where they
sell 100% natural cloth diapers, onesies, slings, etc. I haven't
checked it out yet but will!

KR

Old October 18th 05, 04:39 PM
Stormlady

Hempware sells slings!! GD, I wanted one but didn't want to order away and
not be able to try it out first, now I find out I could have gotten them
there. What a P.O. Hempware should advertise this stuff, I'd have
definately been down there.

oups.com...

Old October 18th 05, 06:14 PM
Elle

stasya wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get one? I don't mean the Baby Bjorn
carriers where the concept is the legs hang out, this product is a
sling to tie on so you more or less wear your baby. There's one in
BabysRUs in the States but they don't seem to carry them in Canada and
I can't get them to ship it to Canada from Amazon.

Stasya

Don't go through Babies R Us, there are better options. Do you want a
store you can physically go into? Anywhere that sells cloth diaper
supplies like has slings. There are lots of online stores:

In addition to milkface, which was mentioned earlier, this one is in
Ottawa, it's good: http://www.extraordinarybabyshoppe.com they also
have a storefront location.

In Montreal, I think http://www.mamakangaroo.com/

You could also call your local la leche league.

Old October 18th 05, 07:05 PM
Anne Rogers

lots of the sling companies will do mail order to anywhere, rather than
buying them through amazon, try searching google

Anne