A sad good bye.

Old December 12th 03, 05:36 PM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~

Default A sad good bye.

I was not looking for support! I was saying thank you and goodbye. my
goodness, there are a lot of people that tend to selectively read.

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message ...
K-K ~Glass Boobs~ wrote:

I want to stop breast feeding.

That says it all.

Why look for support for that decision in a *Breastfeeding* newsgroup?

/scratches head

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old December 12th 03, 05:55 PM
Denise

Default A sad good bye ((Thanks))

"Stephanie and Tim" wrote in message

"Denise" wrote in message

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message
in bold (IT IS NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP THE ENTIRE FAMILY

TOGETHER!
HE
IS SUPPORTIVE, YOU DON'T KNOW HIM OR ME FOR THAT MATTER. THERE IS ONLY

SO
MUCH ANY ONES DH CAN TAKE, AND NO PUNY CUP OF HOT CHOCOLATE CAN

CONSOLE
ME
AFTER SPENDING THE DAY WITH A DAUGHTER WHO IS CRYING BECAUSE I AM

NEGLECTING
HER. THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY TIMES READING HER A BOOK WHILE IM NURSING

WILL
AMUSE A 3.5 YEAROLD, AND IM SICK OF USING T.V AS A BABYSITTER.)

I'm really, honestly things didn't work out for you. Have you

considered
maybe getting screened for PPD? What do you suppose other moms with

more
than one child do while they nurse?

Hey, I am camping on here... but this has been on my mind. What DO you do
when you nurse? I can nurse DD in the sling, but not hands free.

I don't do too much while I breastfeed, I've never felt the need to. Even
with 2 toddlers and a breastfed infant. I can play barbies, play play
dough, get sippy cups for the other two, supervise while the two older ones
play blocks or something. I've learned, especially with #3, that just not
*doing* something with the girls doesn't equate to neglecting them. I've
also learned to accept that there will be days when my house doesn't get
clean, and that's ok, especially in the beginning. When #3 was older I did
manage to vaccuum and nurse, or dust and nurse.

Old December 12th 03, 05:59 PM
Denise

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message
I agree, but when he is the one doing the picking up and some laundry

etc...
he gets tired and worn out. My job is not always 24-7 although I am on

call.
He works all day and comes home and works all night. I felt it was un fair
and it was running his energy on E. I need attention from him too.

A household is a two person job, regardless of if someone stays home all day
or not. I won't even relate this to breastfeeding. It took my husband and
I a lot of adjustments to come to the agreement we have. He comes from a
traditional family where I should cook and clean and raise the kids... it
doesn't happen here. I work, we have 3 kids, he's in the Navy. He works
from 4am to 6pm. When he comes home, I do expect him to help me. Just
because he works longer hours than I, why should I shoulder more
responsibility?

Old December 12th 03, 05:59 PM
DeliciousTruffles

K-K ~Glass Boobs~ wrote:

I was not looking for support! I was saying thank you and goodbye. my
goodness, there are a lot of people that tend to selectively read.

I'm not selectively reading. You posted excuses (and that's what they
were) as to why you were stopping breastfeeding. Yes, you thank the
newsgroup but with the posting of those excuses you are also looking for
validation for your decision, otherwise why post them.

If you just wanted to thank the newsgroup for previous support, you
could have said, "Thanks for the previous support, but I hate
breastfeeding (something you repeatedly said) and I want to stop so
that's what I did."

Of course people on this newsgroup are going to react negatively when
you start blaming breastfeeding for your problems. Other people offered
solutions but you chose to rationalize why they wouldn't work for you,
when the whole time it was that you "hated" breastfeeding and you wanted
to stop.

My point is you probably wouldn't have had this type of reaction if you
just would have stated the obvious.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old December 12th 03, 06:00 PM
Denise

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" wrote in message
I am not stressed now that I have stopped bf'ing

I was just defending my Wonderful Amazing husband that supports any

decision
I make.

except supporting the sacrifices breastfeeding requires.

Old December 12th 03, 06:27 PM
Dawn Lawson

K-K ~Glass Boobs~ wrote:
Not every one is a natural, I didnt BF my first so im not a bf'ing guru.

How silly.
Even if you HAD, you woudln't be a natural with your first, right?
He's not your first born, but he was your first nursling.
So what? You don't need to be a guru to bfd.
Have you read other posts here?? LOTS of women aren't naturals, don't
relish the experience, have excruciating pain, horrid problems and older
children.

I wonder if your good bye was really a so-long or actually a wish for
more support to continue to nurse. You didn't sound very convinced
about taking the pills and you are still posting here.

Some of the "regulars" here are very knowledgeable, and I'm sure they
would be more than willing to take a private email if you didn't want to
get help from teh general board.

Dawn

Old December 12th 03, 06:31 PM
Dawn Lawson

K-K ~Glass Boobs~ wrote:

I was not looking for support! I was saying thank you and goodbye.

Ok, well bye bye now.

my
goodness, there are a lot of people that tend to selectively read.

Brigitte is right. You've made your choice. A breastfeeding group is
NOT going to be the place where you will get support for that decision.
Try one of the other parenting groups.

Old December 12th 03, 06:33 PM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~

If you just wanted to thank the newsgroup for previous support, you
could have said, "Thanks for the previous support, but I hate
breastfeeding (something you repeatedly said) and I want to stop so
that's what I did."

------------------
They are not excuses, they are reasons, if they were excuses I would be in
denial about what I am doing and not have any feelings of dissapointment
what so ever. If I had just plain posted "thanks, but I hate it so im
stopping" people would have asked for my reasons anyways.
------------------
Of course people on this newsgroup are going to react negatively when
you start blaming breastfeeding for your problems. Other people offered
solutions but you chose to rationalize why they wouldn't work for you,
when the whole time it was that you "hated" breastfeeding and you wanted
to stop.

------------------
Yeah so? I dont blame blame breastfeeding as the cause of my problems. It
just added to my stresses. It was a peoblem I could eliminate. And yes
Breast feeding did cause a string of problems (for me). I am not a nursing
guru, I cant make supper and bf at the same time. I cant play with my
daughter and bf at the same time. I could only do it sitting or laying down,
using one hand to support his head, and the other to keep my large breasts
clear of his airway. I have even gone to the degree of having a lactation
consultant from LLL over at my home to show me what if anything I was doing
wrong. I was doing nothing wrong! I also found out why my nipples were so
sore, My son has a cleft in the bones under his gums and his gumd dip up
quite a bit into a little triangle: Un solveable.
---------------------
My point is you probably wouldn't have had this type of reaction if you
just would have stated the obvious.

---------------------
Was I too vague?
I thought I was to the point and honest?

Old December 12th 03, 06:35 PM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~

Can a person not be thankful for the support that was given during 1 month
of breast feeding??
gosh, If I had known I would offend any one by thanking everyone and then
stating my reasons for leaving I would have never posted!

don't be so harsh and critical!