Hello

Old September 7th 04, 04:49 AM
CME

"Istara" wrote in message
. ..

CME wrote:

"Istara" wrote in message
.. .

SNIP

Hello, nice to meet you all, and I think I'm going to crawl back into
the woodwork now and lurk some more.

~ Dor

No we won't let you. Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada sit back

and
enjoy it's truly a great place.

Christine
(Mom of 8 year old twin boys)

{grin} Okay, so maybe I won't crawl back into the woodwork. Is it okay
if I sit quietly in the corner for a while? Work on my crocheting and
listen/read a bit?

Mosdef.

Thank you for the welcome - it's nice to have people to talk to that can
actually understand what my life is like, sometimes. And that aren't
going to sit there and contribute to my self-pity. Empathy without pity
- best thing I've seen, so far. Wish my mother could figure out the

balance.

Dor

Yeah you and me both. You'd think after so many years she'd figure out when
I phone, just listen, don't negate what I'm going through. According to my
Grandmother, my Mom has a short memory, I guess she can't remember what it
was like to be a single parent (they divorced when I was 8 and got back
together a couple years later.) Sooo I rarely go to my parents for support,
sometimes I just need to vent and get a clearer picture on a situation. Yay
for friends and of course this group has been invaluable to me over the
years.

Christine

Old September 10th 04, 06:29 AM
Cele

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:42:55 -0400, Istara
wrote:

Congratulations! I hope it works out enough the way you want it to keep
it wonderful, and enough differently to keep it interesting.

Thanks. :-) So do I. I have a great deal of optimism. I've been 12
years on my own, without any interest at all in a relationship for
most of it (my kids kept me pretty busy), and I certainly wasn't
'looking'. This just...happened....and I'm still very glad it did.

I'm kind of enjoying being on my own, now, at least mostly. It's kind of
strange - I went from being a student to being a wife, with little time
between. Prior to the separation, I don't think I'd ever really been on
my own, before.

I understand. I married at 19, between 3rd & 4th year university. I'd
lived in dorms right up almost 'til then.

If it were just me, now, I don't know that I could do
it. Having my son to look out for, though, I *WILL* make it, one way or
another, because he deserves a strong mom that can do what she has to
instead of just giving up. I'm learning.

You're right, you will make it. Lots of times I felt like I wouldn't
and couldn't, but had no real choice, so I did. And I'm glad I did,
'cause now the girls are doing reasonably well (my youngest has, as
she says, 'issues'! LOL). Maybe my subconscious decided it was finally
safe to let my guard down. I don't know. But what a lovely experience
this is. :-) May it last a very, very long time.

Congrats, again, and thank you for the welcome.

And thanks to you. :-)

Cele