What a crappy day....

Old January 3rd 06, 11:36 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default What a crappy day....

Yesterday was the 7th year anniversary of my dads death, which has made
New Years kinda a drag for the past 7 years. I get a call from my
stepdaughter she is crying asking me to go to her house cause her 14
year old son and 3 year old son are there and her mom's(Gayle) cat just
died, cat's name was Cher .Gayle named her that cause she was a long
hair black cat and reminded her of Cher. .......anyway so I go and
clean up the Cat that lived with us , and I get these memories of her
as a little kitten, she loved to nest herself in my long hair at night
above my pillow and when she was really happy her little tongue just
hung out like a puppy dog When Gayle passed I gave the cat to her
daughter which made her very happy. My 14 year old grandson fell apart
and all I could do was hold him and cry with him, I found myself
saying all the same stupid stuff everyone says like , "she was old and
she is with nanny now and there was nothing you could of done" what a
crappy day..............School is delayed this morning we had ourselves
a litle snow/ice storm yesterday through the night. I miss my grand
daughter she's been gone since Sunday night at 5 , on wed. we pick her
up at noon and my daughter wants me to drop them off with my daughters
father and wife for the day which will be the second time her father
has invited them since the baby was born which is a good thing because
my daughter needs him to show her his attentions.As long as he does not
drink and act like an ass I think things will be o.k. So this week
I''ll see my grand daughter part of wed. and all of thursday then she
goes back at 9 p.m.until Sunday at 5 and our week starts.....You would
think I would be able to enjoy a little extra free time but I am not
use to it yet I guess. Sad gramma Bebe

VENT: crappy lunchtime toypup General 5 April 28th 04 05:53 AM
another crappy doctor's appt (long post) rsitter Pregnancy 9 February 8th 04 05:43 PM
36wks and feelin crappy Cindy Camp Pregnancy 1 July 31st 03 08:45 PM