Baby born in midair on London to Boston flight

Old September 26th 06, 02:09 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Heather

Default Baby born in midair on London to Boston flight

The way I look at it is this women should not be judged so harshly in
previous comments. It's not like she did this on purpose. As I'm sure
she probebly doesn't want to see her child on machines struggling for
it's life. Yes true doctors ADVISE pregnant women not to travel the
last two months. But this women was barely into the last two months and
she might of thought that she was not as far along. Especially since
there are only estimated guesses by doctors how far along you are.

As for all the comments on the predictabilty of death. Let me explain
the whole no travel thing. Depending on where you are traveling to you
sometimes you experience a sudden change in cabin pressure. It is the
reason that your ears may pop. It has been very common that if an
almost ready pregnant women experience a change in the pressure around
her (hurricanes, tornados, airplanes, anything that air pressure
drasticly changes), her bag of water may not be able to take the
sudden change and bust, prematurly causing labor. So because it is more
preditible than a heart attack, doctors do advise to not do it. But
that's in the US too who knows what her drs told her.

Old September 26th 06, 05:56 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
VainGlorious

headers trimmed a bit

On 25 Sep 2006 18:09:53 -0700, "Heather" wrote:

The way I look at it is this women should not be judged so harshly in
previous comments. It's not like she did this on purpose. As I'm sure
she probebly doesn't want to see her child on machines struggling for
it's life. Yes true doctors ADVISE pregnant women not to travel the
last two months. But this women was barely into the last two months and
she might of thought that she was not as far along. Especially since
there are only estimated guesses by doctors how far along you are.

That's the crux of it, but you seem disinterested in discovering this
woman's motivation for flying when 7.5 months pregnant. If she needed
to fly to Boston for medical necessity, a change of residence or as an
employment requirement, I could understand. But I'll bet you dollars
to denarius that she just "wanted to go on a trip". I'm sure she felt
that she was a "liberated, free-spirited person" who "enjoys acting
spontaneously" and decided to hop aboard and ruin everyone else's
flight.

If this was indeed a pleasure trip that resulted in problems for her
fellow passengers, then I think she should have her baby stripped from
her and forwarded to a family that has some brains. She should then
spend 3 weeks in irons in the public square where everyone who has had
a business trip or holiday ruined because of some selfish idiot could
gleefully kick her in the face till she cries blood bubbles.

- TR
- a business traveler who is fed up.

Old September 26th 06, 06:54 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
mrtravel

VainGlorious wrote:

If this was indeed a pleasure trip that resulted in problems for her
fellow passengers

Yeah, 6 weeks short of the due date, she decided that flying
transatlantic would be a very comfortable, enjoyable experience..... NOT

Old September 26th 06, 05:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Hatunen

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:56:34 -0700, VainGlorious
wrote:

[...]

Now I know why you call yourself "VainGlorious". What you bet the
woman's motivations were is totally irrelevant.

If this was indeed a pleasure trip that resulted in problems for her
fellow passengers, then I think she should have her baby stripped from
her and forwarded to a family that has some brains. She should then
spend 3 weeks in irons in the public square where everyone who has had
a business trip or holiday ruined because of some selfish idiot could
gleefully kick her in the face till she cries blood bubbles.

You obviously have some need for this woman to be trivialized.
Why?

Old September 26th 06, 05:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

VainGlorious wrote:

That's the crux of it, but you seem disinterested in discovering this
woman's motivation for flying when 7.5 months pregnant.

Do you really think it's anyone's business but her own?
(Certainly not YOURS, since you were not even on the flight
in question.)

If she needed
to fly to Boston for medical necessity, a change of residence or as an
employment requirement, I could understand. But I'll bet you dollars
to denarius that she just "wanted to go on a trip". I'm sure she felt
that she was a "liberated, free-spirited person" who "enjoys acting
spontaneously" and decided to hop aboard and ruin everyone else's
flight.

Have you flown overseas much, recently? With all the
restrictions, there's not much spontaneity involved, these
days. You've obviously never been pregnant, either, if you
think flying (mostly "cattle class" nowadays) in the
advanced stages of pregnancy is a venture one embarks upon
lightly! (And how did her giving birth unexpectedly "ruin
everyone else's flight"?)

Old September 26th 06, 10:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Dave Frightens Me

wrote:

[...]

Just a spontaneous decision to take a trip while her entire life was
being governed by that thing in her belly?

Can I please bet against you?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old September 27th 06, 01:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Carole Allen

VainGlorious wrote:
If she needed
to fly to Boston for medical necessity, a change of residence or as an
employment requirement, I could understand. But I'll bet you dollars
to denarius that she just "wanted to go on a trip". I'm sure she felt
that she was a "liberated, free-spirited person" who "enjoys acting
spontaneously" and decided to hop aboard and ruin everyone else's
flight.

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:35:22 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
tions, there's not much spontaneity involved, these
days. You've obviously never been pregnant, either, if you
think flying (mostly "cattle class" nowadays) in the
advanced stages of pregnancy is a venture one embarks upon
lightly!

Perhaps she was relocating. My husband and I had to move to another
state for a job change 7 weeks before my due date - no choice in the
matter. My son was born 6 weeks early. Fortunately, our move was by
car, not plane, but this woman's trip was more likely necessary than
pleasure.

Show me a woman 7 months preggers who thinks she is "liberated,
free-spirited" and/or thinks she can act "spontaneously."

Old September 27th 06, 02:49 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Cathy Weeks

Carole Allen wrote:

Show me a woman 7 months preggers who thinks she is "liberated,
free-spirited" and/or thinks she can act "spontaneously."

Yeah, I had a road trip when I was about 5.5 months pregnant, and my
feet and ankles swelled up, and my back hurt like crazy. And I wasn't
even that far along! I couldn't imagine flying in the third trimester
- stuffy enclosed spaces, small seats, and no legroom to raise my feet
up to prevent them from puffing up again? No way would I have done it
lightly or frivolously.

What many CF probably don't realize, is that the farther along a
pregnant woman is, the more her instinct is to stay close to home (It's
called the nesting instinct). But... I suppose it's easier to think
the worst of people.

Cathy Weeks

Old September 27th 06, 03:30 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Banty

In article . com, Cathy Weeks
says...

Carole Allen wrote:

Show me a woman 7 months preggers who thinks she is "liberated,
free-spirited" and/or thinks she can act "spontaneously."

Yeah, I had a road trip when I was about 5.5 months pregnant, and my
feet and ankles swelled up, and my back hurt like crazy. And I wasn't
even that far along! I couldn't imagine flying in the third trimester
- stuffy enclosed spaces, small seats, and no legroom to raise my feet
up to prevent them from puffing up again? No way would I have done it
lightly or frivolously.

What many CF probably don't realize, is that the farther along a
pregnant woman is, the more her instinct is to stay close to home (It's
called the nesting instinct). But... I suppose it's easier to think
the worst of people.

The silly thing about this (well, *one* of the silly things) is that, if
pregnant women about to deliver were flying everywhere messing up people's
carefully-laid vacation or ever-so-important business flying plans, this would
not have made the news! Man bites dog and all that.

This is a *rare* event. If *anyone* were to avoid flying for the sake of a
*rare* event - no one would fly.

Would that the only things that messed up any of my plans were only things that
made the news! :-D

Banty

Old September 27th 06, 04:47 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.childfree,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Kent

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote

(And how did her giving birth unexpectedly "ruin everyone else's flight"?)

The flight was diverted, inconveniencing everyone else who had places to be.

Not to mention that the screams and goo of a childbirth are not exactly what
anyone wants to listen to/see--would you?