So what??!!!

Old November 20th 06, 03:08 PM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

Default So what??!!!

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Tori M" wrote in message
et...

Ps. Tori- it should have been "too" not "to" ;-P
(yes, I can be pedantic too)

Ok.. too= also?

when i was little we were taught to remember that one because you add
another o also. does that make sense?
kylie

Yes perfect sense. Honnestly I can not remember any grammer from school
except this one lesson in 12th grade and thats because the teacher made me
teach it (was a class project and each kid took a lesson for however many
weeks). I remembered that too would be used for "Too many icecream cones
cause weight gain"

Tori
ps the Lesson I did was about "Put the book next to Jimmy on the shelf" I
cant think of the word for it.

Old November 20th 06, 09:01 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:41:42 GMT, "Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com"
u29182@uwe wrote:

Don't anyone dare tell me that i can do something. Because i can do anything
i put my brain to. I am an almost straight A student.

I won't tell you that you cannot do anything. OTOH, school smarts are
not the same as street smarts or real world smarts or work smarts.
There are many different talents.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old November 20th 06, 09:40 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:54:13 GMT, "Nickki1414 via FamilyKB.com"
u29182@uwe wrote:

I haven't been shy since i was little. my dad isn't strict. it is just that
there is nothing that intrests me around where i live.

You mentioned that you are in Scranton. I'm not sure how big that
town is, so I can understand not finding things that interest you,
but...

You could volunteer to help out at a child care center or senior
citizens center. If you can get to Factoryville/Nicolson, you can
volunteer to help with therapeutic riding. You could help with the
Food bank in Scranton.

If you enjoy taking photographs, I am sure you can find interesting
things or people to photograph. You could then make a collage or
scrapbook of your work.

If you like theater, check out:
http://www.thenortheasttheatre.us/

I don't know the area, so could not say what is close to you or what
you can do without a car, but there are things you can explore.

Are there bike trails? Walking trails? What kinds of events are at
your library?

Since you like to read, the teen advisory board here might fit you:
http://www.lclshome.org/albright/ya.php

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old November 20th 06, 10:15 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:02:49 -0600, "Tori M"
wrote:

I may not be able to point out every country on a blank map but I can give
you a general area most of the time.. I am just proud that I can still
place all the US states where they belong on a map

Tori

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old November 20th 06, 10:29 PM posted to misc.kids

toto wrote:
[...]

yea. but it is in the hill section. so i can't get there. yea i look into it.
thanks for the ideas.

Old November 21st 06, 03:11 AM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

wrote:

I may not be able to point out every country on a blank map but I can give
you a general area most of the time.. I am just proud that I can still
place all the US states where they belong on a map

Tori

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

I play that all the time.. I did not learn US geography until 4th grade
though.

Tori

Old November 21st 06, 06:08 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article ,
"Tori M" wrote:

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

I enjoyed that (yes, I did fail, but I know *roughly* which states go where!).

Any idea if there are others around for African countries?

I play that all the time.. I did not learn US geography until 4th grade
though.

All the time?! It would get a bit easy, wouldn't it?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old November 21st 06, 01:09 PM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tori M" wrote:

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

I enjoyed that (yes, I did fail, but I know *roughly* which states go
where!).

Any idea if there are others around for African countries?

I play that all the time.. I did not learn US geography until 4th grade
though.

All the time?! It would get a bit easy, wouldn't it?

maybe i should have said everytime someone shows me the link.. lol this is
the 3rd or fourth time I have been shown it in the last year or so. I
actualy did worse yesterday then I have for a while.. mostly dumb things
like trying to put South Carolina over North and I forgot where Nebraska
went..

Tori

Old November 21st 06, 02:49 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:08:18 +1100, Chookie
wrote:

Any idea if there are others around for African countries?

http://www.maps.com/FunFacts.aspx?nav=FF#

Scroll down to Africa map game.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old November 21st 06, 03:20 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"Tori M" wrote in
et:

I play that all the time.. I did not learn US geography
until 4th grade though.

are you sure? i think you were at least exposed to US
geography in first & second grades, but probably as an
extention of reading or social studies.
i know we were doing world geography in 3rd grade because it
involved building dioramas, models & other fun things. we went
back to more US centered geography in 4th grade (with the
whacko teacher that hated New Yorkers)
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be