big uterus?

Old June 12th 04, 02:57 PM
naysando

Default big uterus?

hi all!
I had my first ob visit yesterday, and when he was doing the exam he asked
me several times if I was sure on my dates, which I am 110% positive on the
date of my last period, and he said that my uterus looks bigger then it
should.....
what the heck does that mean????

twins????

he wants me to have an ultrasound done Thursday to see what is going on, but
I am freaking out!!!

thanks!

Old June 12th 04, 04:23 PM
jacquel

"naysando" wrote in message
hi all!
I had my first ob visit yesterday, and when he was doing the exam he asked
me several times if I was sure on my dates, which I am 110% positive on

the
date of my last period, and he said that my uterus looks bigger then it
should.....
what the heck does that mean????

twins????

Well, what did your ob say? He might be in a better position to explain what
he meant.

jacquel

Old June 12th 04, 08:13 PM
Leslie

my uterus looks bigger then it
should.....
what the heck does that mean????

Could mean twins . . . in my case, it means a big baby.

Leslie
Old June 13th 04, 08:02 PM
Marion Boulden

naysando wrote:

hi all!
I had my first ob visit yesterday, and when he was doing the exam he asked
me several times if I was sure on my dates, which I am 110% positive on the
date of my last period, and he said that my uterus looks bigger then it
should.....
what the heck does that mean????

twins????

he wants me to have an ultrasound done Thursday to see what is going on, but
I am freaking out!!!

thanks!

You could already have been pregnant during your last period... some women
continue having periods for a while after conception.

Marion
edd 10/16/2004

Old June 13th 04, 09:13 PM
ModernMiko

"Marion Boulden" wrote in message

naysando wrote:

hi all!
I had my first ob visit yesterday, and when he was doing the exam he

asked
me several times if I was sure on my dates, which I am 110% positive on

the
date of my last period, and he said that my uterus looks bigger then it
should.....
what the heck does that mean????

twins????

he wants me to have an ultrasound done Thursday to see what is going on,

but
I am freaking out!!!

thanks!

You could already have been pregnant during your last period... some women
continue having periods for a while after conception.

Marion
edd 10/16/2004

My OB also asked me about my dates a few times. Turns out I have a lovely
fibroid. Hopefully this isn't the case for you but it is fairly common.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old June 14th 04, 05:20 AM
Cheryl

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:57:20 -0500, "naysando"
wrote:

hi all!
I had my first ob visit yesterday, and when he was doing the exam he asked
me several times if I was sure on my dates, which I am 110% positive on the
date of my last period, and he said that my uterus looks bigger then it
should.....
what the heck does that mean????

twins????

he wants me to have an ultrasound done Thursday to see what is going on, but
I am freaking out!!!

It doesn't always mean anything. When I was pregnant with #1 I
apparently felt bigger at 6 weeks than I should so I was sent for an
ultrasound. Given that DH had been out of the country for the
preceding 6 months I would have been in BIG trouble if I'd been more
pregnant! It turned out that everything was completely normal, my
uterus just felt bigger from the outside than it should. Sometimes
it's just how it sits in the pelvic cavity that can make it feel
bigger, and some people just expand quicker to start with and then
stick with a steady rate afterwards.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)

Irritable Uterus Crystal Dreamer Pregnancy 18 March 29th 04 09:14 PM
retroverted uterus Barbara Pregnancy 5 December 21st 03 09:06 PM
Possible Uterine Fibroid-15 wks pg dw Pregnancy 2 October 19th 03 01:34 AM
Uterus measures small? Ellen B. Pregnancy 1 August 13th 03 05:25 PM
When the uterus fails... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 1 July 13th 03 05:55 AM