toddlers, toilet training...

Old August 14th 07, 09:23 PM posted to misc.kids
damberh

Default toddlers, toilet training...

My 3 year old daughter will not poop in the potty at home. She will
at school, did once at home for a sitter, but that's it. What's going
on with her? She knows the routine, has been peeing in the toilet for
about a year, but still no poops. Any advice or recommendations?

Old August 15th 07, 01:03 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

damberh wrote:
My 3 year old daughter will not poop in the potty at home. She will
at school, did once at home for a sitter, but that's it. What's going
on with her? She knows the routine, has been peeing in the toilet for
about a year, but still no poops. Any advice or recommendations?

Did you ask her why she poop in the toilet?

Remember, it's not a battle you can win. She'll put her poop where she
wants to. I wouldn't worry. In the future, when she has her friends over
and they she still poops in a diaper, she will find pooping in the
toilet much easier. Make sure that she does see you pooping in the
toilet though.

Jeff
Old August 15th 07, 08:24 AM posted to misc.kids
Nina Pretty Ballerina

"damberh" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 3 year old daughter will not poop in the potty at home. She will
at school, did once at home for a sitter, but that's it. What's going
on with her? She knows the routine, has been peeing in the toilet for
about a year, but still no poops. Any advice or recommendations?

you know how you hear people say, oh but my little johnny (usually little
Mary) toilet trained overnight. I think they are lying! ok, well i am sure
it does happen, but never for my kids. Just keep perservering, and in the
wise words of Rachael Hunter 'it wont happen overnight, but it will happen".
I tried bribes, special toilet seat, special toilet book, telling them poo
went out to feed the fishes, lollies as rewards....

yes, let her see other kids/you doing it too

mind you some might think cold turkey is the way to go...maybe she is
enjoying the fuss made of her?

we got there eventually. still got 1 more to go too! good luck with it all

or take the wise words of my nanna - you dont see someone sucking a dummy at
their 21st, it will happen....

Old August 15th 07, 06:29 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"damberh" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 3 year old daughter will not poop in the potty at home. She will
at school, did once at home for a sitter, but that's it. What's going
on with her? She knows the routine, has been peeing in the toilet for
about a year, but still no poops. Any advice or recommendations?

Back off. Stop talking about it w/ her at all. Not a word about bathroom
issues, clothing issues, smelly issues, etc. Help her when she asks for
help but keep it simple, just change her and move on w/ your day as though
nothing happened.
When she does use the bathroom give her a lot of praise, other than that
pretend there isn't a problem.
She will catch on.
Good luck

Old August 15th 07, 06:31 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"Knit Chic" wrote in message

"damberh" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 3 year old daughter will not poop in the potty at home. She will
at school, did once at home for a sitter, but that's it. What's going
on with her? She knows the routine, has been peeing in the toilet for
about a year, but still no poops. Any advice or recommendations?

Back off. Stop talking about it w/ her at all. Not a word about bathroom
issues, clothing issues, smelly issues, etc. Help her when she asks for
help but keep it simple, just change her and move on w/ your day as though
nothing happened.
When she does use the bathroom give her a lot of praise, other than that
pretend there isn't a problem.
She will catch on.
Good luck

and I forgot ... if you use pull ups .. get rid of them ASAP.

Old August 16th 07, 02:30 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

Knit Chic wrote:
Back off. Stop talking about it w/ her at all. Not a word about bathroom
issues, clothing issues, smelly issues, etc. Help her when she asks for
help but keep it simple, just change her and move on w/ your day as though
nothing happened.
When she does use the bathroom give her a lot of praise, other than that
pretend there isn't a problem.

There isn't a problem. The girl is acting like a 3-year old girl,
completely normal.

Jeff

She will catch on.
Good luck

toilet training issues annie General 14 October 28th 06 09:47 PM
toilet training mitchino General 6 February 8th 06 01:42 AM
Toilet training again.... Welches General 4 September 23rd 05 12:53 PM
what you wish you knew (about toilet training) [email protected] General 28 May 13th 05 03:37 AM