to stop or not to stop

Old November 28th 03, 05:54 PM
Nina

Default to stop or not to stop

"Tine Andersen" wrote in message
k...
"Rosie" skrev i en meddelelse
"Nina" :

Yeah, I know how it is. I had a FEMALE MD tell me to wean my son so

she
could prescribe me cough medicine and BCPs. She said I was "too young"

for
a diapragm

Phhhhhhhht! What kind of advice is THAT? When did a diaphragm become

an
'old ladies' contraceptive'?! What a STRANGE thing to say.

I also had my female Dr tell me "Goodness it's about time you weaned her
really isn't it?" when I told her I was bfing at 10 months. I was so
surprised I didn't respond.

ROSIE
(proud diaphragm user since age 19)

What is a diaphragm?

Tine, Denmark

A flexible disc shaped contraceptive device that covers the cervix, usually
used in conjunction with a spermicidal jelly.

Old November 28th 03, 06:30 PM
Linz

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:31:32 +0100, "Tine Andersen"
wrote:

"Rosie" skrev i en meddelelse

(proud diaphragm user since age 19)

What is a diaphragm?

My Prismas Engelsk/Svensk Ordbok suggests diafragma or mellangaerde.
Is that any help?
--
Never knock an idea that started out on the back of a beer mat.
(Colin Pillinger, brains behind Beagle 2.)
Old November 28th 03, 09:48 PM
Tine Andersen

wrote:

"Rosie" skrev i en meddelelse

(proud diaphragm user since age 19)

What is a diaphragm?

My Prismas Engelsk/Svensk Ordbok suggests diafragma or mellangaerde.
Is that any help?
--
Never knock an idea that started out on the back of a beer mat.
(Colin Pillinger, brains behind Beagle 2.)

Nina was so kind to give me an exact explanation - it's called 'pessar' in
Danish and is widely used - by all ages. The 'mellangärde' might have helped
me - it means (directly translated) 'a fence to put between' in Swedish,
witch is not my mothertunque, though, so I could very well be wrong.

But thanks anyway.

Tine, Denmark

Old November 30th 03, 05:00 PM
Rob

I have a friend getting her PhD in psychology or counseling, She says
women
who breastfeed after a certain age (not sure what age) do it because they
are getting someting out of it, and that some women have orgasms while
nursing. So no matter what degrees they may have, people have their biases
and pesonal opinions.

With due respect to everyone, and their individual experiences and reasons
for stopping when the time is right (Im not speaking of stopping, or the
reasons for stopping, so this post might be a little off topic) ...

How much pleasure does everyone here get, from breastfeeding? No one needs
to go into any graphic detail, but as a man (no kids... yet I am
genuinely curious as to how much pleasure the average woman gets.

Im sure this differs greatly from woman to woman, but I must say, I am
curious how many woman here do in reality feel pleasurable sensations, and
if so, how strong are they??

Thinking about it, it makes perfect biological sense, to for the woman to
breast feeding, for it is in the babies interests that the mother nourish
him/her.

I hope this question does not offend anyone, and that is is ok for me to ask
everyone here how their experience differs.

Rob

Old December 1st 03, 01:51 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Rob wrote:

How much pleasure does everyone here get, from breastfeeding?

Nothing I'd describe as "pleasure." I do like nursing; it's
an enjoyable relaxing activity the same way drinking a mug
of hot cider on a cool night is. It has its downsides, much
the same way that being woken in the middle of the night to
have a mug of cider would, or trying to drink around a
cinnamon stick that keeps going up your nose would, or
having something sharp jump out of your cider and pinch your
nipple unexpectedly would be. But when we've got a good
latch, I really don't feel the nursing at all.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old December 1st 03, 02:09 AM
Dawn Lawson

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

Rob wrote:

How much pleasure does everyone here get, from breastfeeding?

Nothing I'd describe as "pleasure." I do like nursing; it's an
enjoyable relaxing activity the same way drinking a mug of hot cider on
a cool night is. It has its downsides, much the same way that being
woken in the middle of the night to have a mug of cider would, or trying
to drink around a cinnamon stick that keeps going up your nose would, or
having something sharp jump out of your cider and pinch your nipple
unexpectedly would be. But when we've got a good latch, I really don't
feel the nursing at all.

ROTFL!!

Great description, Pheobe!!!

Old December 1st 03, 10:29 AM
Linz

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:48:32 +0100, "Tine Andersen"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

What is a diaphragm?

My Prismas Engelsk/Svensk Ordbok suggests diafragma or mellangaerde.
Is that any help?
--
Never knock an idea that started out on the back of a beer mat.
(Colin Pillinger, brains behind Beagle 2.)

Nina was so kind to give me an exact explanation - it's called 'pessar' in
Danish and is widely used - by all ages. The 'mellangärde' might have helped
me - it means (directly translated) 'a fence to put between' in Swedish,
witch is not my mothertunque, though, so I could very well be wrong.

Well, that's what it sounds like to me, but I'm a poor speaker of
Swedish!
Old December 2nd 03, 03:37 PM
Vicki S

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:
.... It has its downsides, much
the same way that being woken in the middle of the night to
have a mug of cider would, or trying to drink around a
cinnamon stick that keeps going up your nose would, or
having something sharp jump out of your cider and pinch your
nipple unexpectedly would be.

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything, or it would have gone all
over the keyboard. That was really funny. :-)

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995
Old December 3rd 03, 09:01 AM
KC

Phoebe,

That's an awesome description. It can be relaxing like warm food or
drink, or a cigarette for a smoker. I would like to add that drinking
cup after cup of warm cider for hours on end loses its charm after
awhile :-)

As for the pleasure I have heard rumored that some women can orgasm
from nipple stimulation even when not bf, but have a hard time
believing it myself.

KC