Go Fish?

Old March 21st 06, 03:26 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Go Fish?

Hey so whats the scoop on the fishie story? LOL

Old March 25th 06, 02:59 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Kim" wrote in message
Hey so whats the scoop on the fishie story? LOL

Oh, about 6-8? Can't remember... As many scoops as it took to scoop the
dead fishes out of the tank lol
Still no word, really... Promises of paying for and replacing the fish, yet
a sad sob-story about how someone stole her gov't cheque for her Child Tax
Credit - around $400ish.
But, she did have the balls the other day to call and see if I was going to
be home and she could stop by... Luckily for me, and the remainder of the
fish, we had to go to the school for this celebration of learning thing
hehehe

Old March 26th 06, 08:38 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"xkatx" wrote in message

"Kim" wrote in message
Hey so whats the scoop on the fishie story? LOL

Oh, about 6-8? Can't remember... As many scoops as it took to scoop the
dead fishes out of the tank lol
Still no word, really... Promises of paying for and replacing the fish,
yet a sad sob-story about how someone stole her gov't cheque for her Child
Tax Credit - around $400ish.
But, she did have the balls the other day to call and see if I was going
to be home and she could stop by... Luckily for me, and the remainder of
the fish, we had to go to the school for this celebration of learning
thing hehehe

Yeah, gotta love the originality of some people when it comes to making up
excuses. ~rolls eyes~

Christine

Old March 26th 06, 09:33 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Kim" wrote in message
Hey so whats the scoop on the fishie story? LOL

Oh, about 6-8? Can't remember... As many scoops as it took to scoop the
dead fishes out of the tank lol
Still no word, really... Promises of paying for and replacing the fish,
yet a sad sob-story about how someone stole her gov't cheque for her
Child Tax Credit - around $400ish.
But, she did have the balls the other day to call and see if I was going
to be home and she could stop by... Luckily for me, and the remainder of
the fish, we had to go to the school for this celebration of learning
thing hehehe

Yeah, gotta love the originality of some people when it comes to making up
excuses. ~rolls eyes~

Christine

I know I know... I'm really in no huge rush... Eventually I will replace the
fish, and I do think I'm not going to bother hounding her to no end. I
really see no point. When I replace the fish, I will just go out and get my
fish. I'll then just hand her the bill and let her deal with it. She'll
then have no excuse, yet she does have excuses for everything under the sky.

Old March 27th 06, 12:36 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

xkatx wrote:
"Kim" wrote in message
Hey so whats the scoop on the fishie story? LOL

Oh, about 6-8? Can't remember... As many scoops as it took to scoop the
dead fishes out of the tank lol
Still no word, really... Promises of paying for and replacing the fish, yet
a sad sob-story about how someone stole her gov't cheque for her Child Tax
Credit - around $400ish.

If she is on welfare , she is so lying to your face Kat! She would not
be getting any child tax credit , you have to work to receive that !
Bev

Old March 27th 06, 03:24 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

xkatx wrote:
"Kim" wrote in message
Hey so whats the scoop on the fishie story? LOL

Oh, about 6-8? Can't remember... As many scoops as it took to scoop the
dead fishes out of the tank lol
Still no word, really... Promises of paying for and replacing the fish,
yet
a sad sob-story about how someone stole her gov't cheque for her Child
Tax
Credit - around $400ish.

If she is on welfare , she is so lying to your face Kat! She would not
be getting any child tax credit , you have to work to receive that !
Bev

She is on welfare, and I know that the Canadian Child Tax is now given only
to low income - working or not. the child tax credit is not considered an
income when on welfare, and if you work, and have a higher income, but are
still considered low income, you just get less. Welfare is actually the way
you are guaranteed to have the credit in full.
My mom said that she used to get the credit for me when I was a baby, and my
parents didn't fall under the low income category, but that changed to only
being lower income and it's based on your income. Back in the day, everyone
received it for their child(ren) but that's been changed long ago.

Old March 27th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

xkatx wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

xkatx wrote:
"Kim" wrote in message
[...]

Ahhhhh I see........I dont think it works that way in Pa or
Jersey.....at least it didn't many moons ago! Interesting .............

Old March 27th 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Bev wrote:
xkatx wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

xkatx wrote:
"Kim" wrote in message
[...]

and I just had another thought....Isn't that a federal credit? I would
think it would be the same for all States then.......I must look into
this cause I am just that way , I didn't think you could file an income
tax return with no taxable income, er or is this a state child tax
credit in Canada, I may have just set myself straight LOL! But then
again I still thought you couldn't file a State return with no taxable
income either ....hmmmmm.........

Old March 27th 06, 05:20 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bev wrote:
xkatx wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

xkatx wrote:
"Kim" wrote in message
[...]

You actually can't file any state return in Canada, with or without income,
taxable or not!
I'm just buggin' You MUST file taxes in Canada. You can get around
this, but then if you get caught, there could be some troubles. Whatever,
anyways, you file your taxes. All income is to be filed and all that. No
taxable income? (as the case with welfare, for example) you just don't get
a return, nor do you owe. Also, for people who don't file taxes, they hold
any gov't (provincial or federal) issued anything - like we get the GST
credit, the Child Tax credit, and we also had a free gov't handout back in
Jan/Feb for $400 for each eligible Albertan - adults, children, everyone who
qualified, high income, low income, no income. This was a one time thing,
though. Some surplus or something.
Even on welfare, if you don't file taxes, you do not get your baby cheque or
your GST credit cheque. Both work on a scale based on your income, amount
of children.