New at this - Could I be pregnant?

Old February 12th 04, 03:25 AM
Julie

Default New at this - Could I be pregnant?

Hello. My husband and I have been TTC for a few months now. My cycle
is pretty normal, 30 days. Today is day thirty. I started spotting
on day 27. First spotting was very very small amount, red/pink and
only visible on TP. The last couple of days have still be light but
does appear on pad and has been mostly brown, sometimes a little pink.
I have NEVER spotted like this before starting my period. I have
been off the the pill for 5 months now. I also have many of the
typical pregnancy/PMS symptoms - sore breasts, cramps in lower abdomen
and back. In addition I have be SOOOO hungry the past week. Could I
be pregnant or is there another reason for these symptoms. Any
experience you have good or bad is greatly appreciated. I think I
will do a HPT on day 32 if I still haven't gotten a "real" period by
then.
Old February 12th 04, 04:36 AM
Leanne

It could be something called implantation bleeding (I hope i got that right

You could use a HP test now, and it should give you an accurate result.

all in all, you could very well be pregnant

HTH
Leanne

Old February 12th 04, 02:09 PM
Ilse Witch

Welcome Julie! From my experience, your chances for being pregnant are
pretty good. I recall from my first pregnancy that I was ravenous all day,
which started about a week before my period was due. Your spotting could
very well be due to implantation. But don't get too excited yet: at this
stage many things can still go wrong, and in the worst case you are
experiencing a very early miscarriage (I hope not!).

Try to relax, you could do a test right now if you want to. However, my
experience is that it is better to wait another few days. I have wasted
quite a few tests when my period was a couple of days late, in spite of
having a very regular cycle.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old February 13th 04, 02:32 AM
Julie

Thanks for all the info ladies. Unfortunately my period started full
force this morning, right on schedule. Not sure what was up with the
4 days of spotting. I will keep trying and hope for better results
next month. Wish me luck!
Old February 13th 04, 02:44 AM
Leanne

Thanks for all the info ladies. Unfortunately my period started full
force this morning, right on schedule. Not sure what was up with the
4 days of spotting. I will keep trying and hope for better results
next month. Wish me luck!

Sorry to hear that.

Good luck

Leanne

Old February 13th 04, 03:04 AM
Cam & Shane

Hi Julie

Good Luck!!! We hope to see you back with a Big Fat Positive soon
Baby vibes heading your way.

Camille

om...

Old February 13th 04, 02:49 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:32:30 -0800, Julie wrote:

Thanks for all the info ladies. Unfortunately my period started full
force this morning, right on schedule. Not sure what was up with the
4 days of spotting. I will keep trying and hope for better results
next month. Wish me luck!

Good luck Julie! You're not alone in this! I've wasted quite a few
pregnancy tests in cycles when I was sure I was pregnant, started
spotting, only to find my period to arrive the day after I tested. It may
very well have been that you experienced a very early problem in the
pregancy. After all, only 25% of the fertilized eggs implants succesfully.
Twice for me, and once for a friend, the next cycle after such a mishap
was the lucky one, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Old February 14th 04, 02:15 AM
Julie

Thanks for all the well wishes. I will let you know how it goes next month.