I'm pregnant...am I in the right ng?

Old February 13th 04, 03:26 PM
Carla

Default I'm pregnant...am I in the right ng?

I'm only joking of course but what's with all of the unrelated
anti-depressant posts taking up so much space?! Sheesh!

I know I can kill-file them but I don't get the purpose of them being
posted in the first place. Aren't there already newsgroups that are
specifically for that subject?

Unless they were requested, IMO that much agenda pushing is as bad as
posting spam -- give it a rest sister!

Carla
EDD 5/14/04
Old February 13th 04, 03:49 PM
New York Jen

Nope, they were NOT requested...seems "someone" is feeling the need to post
repeatedly to rile things up. Hopefully if we ignore her, she'll go away
eventually...

Old February 13th 04, 08:49 PM
Carol Ann

: Nope, they were NOT requested...seems "someone" is feeling the need to
post
: repeatedly to rile things up. Hopefully if we ignore her, she'll go away
: eventually...

I personally LOVE my killfile option!

~Carol Ann

: ...
:

Old February 13th 04, 09:11 PM
Ilse Witch

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:26:00 +0000, Carla wrote:

I'm only joking of course but what's with all of the unrelated
anti-depressant posts taking up so much space?! Sheesh!

IKWYM!! They are getting to my nerves too (pun fully intended). I've
decided to switch on my killfile, seems like someone is trying to fight a
personal battle here.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old February 13th 04, 10:21 PM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote

I personally LOVE my killfile option!

~Carol Ann

Me too, and it's been used in this case! lol

Old February 14th 04, 07:58 AM
jake

"Carla" wrote in message
I'm only joking of course but what's with all of the unrelated
anti-depressant posts taking up so much space?! Sheesh!

unrelated?

the news comes out only days ago that SSRIS are harmful to foetuses.. and in
spite of that we have
Naomi..a deluded manic-depressive psychotic trying to urge pregnant women to
take them and babbling drug company nonsense thst they are safe....
you call that unrelated..?

most of us want our babies to be healthy and survive..

I know I can kill-file them but I don't get the purpose of them being
posted in the first place. Aren't there already newsgroups that are
specifically for that subject?

foetuses being harmed by SSRIs is topical news for this group..as unpleasant
as it is..
people havve a right to know.

If you dont want news concrrning pregnancy then keep away from pregnancy
newsgroups!

Last Updated: February 10, 2004

http://www.healthcentral.com/PrintFo...cfm?id=8007977

Prescription Drugs Affect Unborn Babies

(Ivanhoe Newswire) -- Women who use a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) to
treat depression or other psychiatric problems during pregnancy may be
putting their infants at risk for neurobehavioral problems, report
investigators publishing in this month's Pediatrics.

The lifetime risk for depression in women ranges from 10 percent to 25
percent, with the peak prevalence occurring during the childbearing years.
Some reports suggest as many as 14 percent of pregnant women suffer from
depression and up to 35 percent of women use antidepressants during
pregnancy. Studies involving infants exposed to SSRIs in the womb have shown
few ill effects, so most doctors believe these drugs can be safely
prescribed for pregnant women. However, most of these studies have only
compared major outcomes, such as physical growth and complications evident
on the medical record.

Researchers from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill studied 17
full-term newborns whose mothers had taken an SSRI during pregnancy and 17
similar infants whose mothers had not taken one of the drugs, assessing them
for more subtle neurobehavioral differences. They found infants exposed to
SSRIs in the womb were more likely to have had a shorter gestational age,
and were also more likely to suffer from a range of neurobehavioral
problems, including nervousness, startles, and sleep disturbances. After
adjusting the findings for gestational age, differences in nervousness and
sleep disturbances remained significant.

Researchers conclude, "Results of the present study call into question the
conclusion that SSRI use during pregnancy has little impact on the
developing fetus and infant outcome."

This article was reported by Ivanhoe.com, who offers Medical Alerts by
e-mail every day of the week. To subscribe, go to:
http://www.ivanhoe.com/newsalert/.

SOURCE: Pediatrics, 2004:113:368-375

Last Updated: February 10, 2004