First time at daycare

Old September 27th 06, 05:25 PM
yvonne yvonne is offline
Junior Member

Default First time at daycare

My son just recently started daycare last week, every morning when I get him dress he starts crying because he knows he's going to daycare, when I take him inside the teacher has to hold him while I walk out. This is my first and only child, he's going on 3yrs old in Nov. his dad has been watching him while I go to work for almost a year now, before that he was going to the babysitter's house. I know this is new for him and its going to take him a while to adjust but now his behavior at home has change, and I don't know if this is normal or not, but now I can't even go into the next room without him crying or following me, he cries hysterical like if something bad happen to him. Its like he thinks i'm going to leave him forever, but i'm only going into the next room or so. Also I don't know if it has to do with his dad leaving, his dad recently moved out but was only staying with us for only a year, could it be he thinks i'm going to leave him as well, he does see his dad about 3 times a week. I'm just worried about him crying everytime I just walk away from him to go to the other room. I do try to talk to him but my child does not talk very much, he just says a few words but does not put them together, thats one of the main reasons why I wanted to put him into daycare so he could interact with other children and pick up on talking. I need some advice please help.