Newborn cries by night, sleeps happily by day

Old February 11th 06, 06:11 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Newborn cries by night, sleeps happily by day

On 11 Feb 2006 09:11:08 -0800, "Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward"
wrote:

toto wrote:
On 10 Feb 2006 23:51:28 -0800, "Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward"
wrote:

My husband is on the end of his tether: tonight was his first baby
vigil night, after I had done the previous two nights. Our little girl
is an angel by day but something seems to trigger 2-hour long crying
fits by night and we're just stumped as to what might be causing it.
She's clean and fed and held in our arms and still won't stop. I
personally am dealing with it much better than her dad who is
devastated because it kills him to be so helpless with his beloved
princess. Any ideas?

How old is she?

She's six days today. I think we'll deal with the crying fine as long
as we don't keep thinking we're doing something wrong. I think my
husband will get around to it.

My goodness. She's very young. She probably has her days and nights
mixed. That will turn around eventually.

At 6 days, I would try swaddling. Some babies though wiggle out of
swaddling fairly quickly.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/expert/7660.html

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/125.html

If your baby likes it, but is a wiggler and you cannot keep the
swaddling on her, you can try some of the specialized blankets
designed for swaddling he

http://www.babyslumber.com/swaddlingblankets.html

You may also want to try white noise (you can make your own
tape or CD (just turn on the vacuum cleaner and tape the
noise and play at a soft volume).

Another possibility is the heart beat lullabies CD or tape

http://store.musicbasics.com/bak-5-553-00758-5.html

With my dgd who was colicky, we found that we could give
her gripe water and it helped, but she was 6 weeks old
not 6 days old. I don't think I would give it at 6 days.

You are not doing anything wrong. Each baby is different
and some just have a hard time adjusting to life outside the
womb, I think.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old February 11th 06, 08:56 PM posted to misc.kids

toto wrote:

If your baby likes it, but is a wiggler and you cannot keep the
swaddling on her, you can try some of the specialized blankets
designed for swaddling he

http://www.babyslumber.com/swaddlingblankets.html

Or you can try a Cozy Cocoon:

https://www.naturalfamilyboutique.co...ozyCocoon.aspx

I've given those a couple times as shower gifts. It's
basically like a sock you stick the baby in, so you don't
have to do any folding at all--it's goof proof ;-) I'm
sure you could make one easily as well, as long as you got
the size right.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old February 12th 06, 09:02 PM posted to misc.kids

By the way, do we get a birth story over at m.k.p someday?
How'd everything go?

Best wishes,
Ericka