Heartbeat / Weight gain

Old May 13th 04, 02:46 PM
Stormlady

Default Heartbeat / Weight gain

Today I had an appointment at the Dr. I am about 16 and a half weeks and we
got to hear the heartbeat. That is the coolest thing, I even got all
emotional (see teary) in the office. My Boyfriend also went to hear teh
heartbeat and was pretty impressed with it. Now, only 23 weeks or so to go.
ha ha

I also lost weight today at my appointment. At my last appointment I had 6
pounds on my pre pregnancy weight, but today I was down 1.5 for a total gain
of only 4.5. I guess this is ok. I am overweight to start with and I
assured the Dr. that I wasn't trying to lose weight and that I was eating,
just not eating junk as much.

What do you think, does this seem like reasonable weight gain?

Old May 13th 04, 03:35 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Stormlady wrote:

I also lost weight today at my appointment. At my last appointment I had 6
pounds on my pre pregnancy weight, but today I was down 1.5 for a total gain
of only 4.5. I guess this is ok. I am overweight to start with and I
assured the Dr. that I wasn't trying to lose weight and that I was eating,
just not eating junk as much.

What do you think, does this seem like reasonable weight gain?

Different women gain differently. Concentrate on
eating healthily. If you are doing that, then whatever the
scale reads doesn't matter.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old May 13th 04, 06:06 PM
Sophie

"Stormlady" don't@ email.me wrote in message
Today I had an appointment at the Dr. I am about 16 and a half weeks and

we
got to hear the heartbeat. That is the coolest thing, I even got all
emotional (see teary) in the office. My Boyfriend also went to hear teh
heartbeat and was pretty impressed with it. Now, only 23 weeks or so to

go.
ha ha

I also lost weight today at my appointment. At my last appointment I had

6
pounds on my pre pregnancy weight, but today I was down 1.5 for a total

gain
of only 4.5. I guess this is ok. I am overweight to start with and I
assured the Dr. that I wasn't trying to lose weight and that I was eating,
just not eating junk as much.

What do you think, does this seem like reasonable weight gain?

Gaining and losing is normal. I've been weighed every Tuesday for the last
9 weeks. Sometimes in a week I've gained 4 or 5 lbs, then in another week
I'll have lost 2 lbs. As far as I can tell I'm eating the same all the
time. The Dr said it's not that big of a deal unless the loss/gain is
massive.

As long as *you* know you're eating well, I wouldn't worry.

Old May 13th 04, 06:17 PM
Tori M.

I dont know how much you weigh but I am just a few days ahead of you it
sounds like and I have gained 2 lbs at 17.4 weeks. I weight more then my
car though so I do not really need to gain too much

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old May 14th 04, 03:35 AM
JennP

"Stormlady" don't@ email.me wrote in message
Today I had an appointment at the Dr. I am about 16 and a half weeks and

we
got to hear the heartbeat.

What's your due date? I'm about 16.5 weeks pg and am due 10/24. Congrats on
hearing the heartbeat.

I also lost weight today at my appointment. At my last appointment I had

6
pounds on my pre pregnancy weight, but today I was down 1.5 for a total

gain
of only 4.5. I guess this is ok. I am overweight to start with and I
assured the Dr. that I wasn't trying to lose weight and that I was eating,
just not eating junk as much.

What do you think, does this seem like reasonable weight gain?

Totally reasonable. I am actually -1 lb pre-pregnancy and my OB and midwife
aren't worried about it. I'm also a bit overweight to begin with. I have
been eating healthy, but definitly not trying to eat low fat or anything.
It's as if my body knows that it has the extra weight and is taking care of
itself in some weird way.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old May 14th 04, 01:58 PM
JennP

"Stormlady" don't@ email.me wrote in message
Hey JennP, My due date is 10/24 too. I can't wait!!

Cool! Is this your first?Are you the other 10/24 on Brigette's pregnancy
calendar?

ds was born in October and it was a great time to have a baby. At least here
in New England.

I have my u/s in a little over a week. We'll see if my edd stays the same
and hopefully find out the gender.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old May 14th 04, 04:01 PM
Stormlady

Hey,

Yeah this is my first. I guess I am the other 10/24, I'm Heather. I was
born in October too, on the 16th. My friends birthday is the 26th so it
would be funny if I went on her b'day. I think mine is a bit too early.

I have my u/s on the 31st of May, I am expecting my edd to change then
though, I have a really long cycle when not taking bcp's so I expect that I
may be a week or so behind where the Dr's are putting me, but I'll just have
to wait and see. We are not going to find out the sex of the baby though.
That will be a big surprise on delivery day. Well, maybe a surprise, I am
half convinced it's a boy anyway.

Weight Gain Question Mickee General 4 May 6th 04 10:02 PM
Maternal Weight Gain Leslie Pregnancy 9 March 22nd 04 04:27 PM
Question about weight gain kylee General 10 December 23rd 03 07:21 PM
Losing weight during first trimester.... Jill Pregnancy 55 December 10th 03 10:51 PM
Weight gain Kereru Pregnancy 8 July 29th 03 06:51 AM