The Truth About Equal Custody And VAWA

Old August 9th 08, 07:16 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty

Default The Truth About Equal Custody And VAWA

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/08/08/...tody-and-vawa/

Teri Stoddard

The Truth About Equal Custody And VAWA
2008-08-08

I've recently been misrepresented on Mothers United Against Domestic
Violence. "Teri Stoddard, a woman who very strongly advocates mandatory
joint custody." I have never advocated for mandatory joint custody.

Every proposed equal custody or shared parenting bill I've read has had a
section on neglectful, abusive and uninterested parents. No one in the
family rights movement wants kids with abusers, of either gender. And we
would never force a child on an uninterested parent.

I am for equal parental rights, with equal physical and legal custody. I
want this for all parents who desire it, and have not been found guilty of
child abuse or neglect. This does not mean it's mandatory. This does not
mean the kids have to spend equal time with each parent. Parents can write a
parenting plan (which I offer free on Shared Parenting Works.)

These plans should be flexible, and should change as the years go on. The
only time parents would have to split the time exactly 50/50 would be if
they can't agree on a plan. Most parents realize they need to take into
account their work schedules, the child's school schedule, how close they
live to each other, etc. Without the "winner take all" attitude of fighting
for sole custody, parents are more willing to cooperate.

I understand these women have been wronged, as have their children. But I
stand by my belief that we should not have laws that hurt 95% of the
population, just to help 5%. We can still help these women without taking
rights away from all fathers.

And that is exactly what we've done with the Violence Against Women Act
(VAWA.) Mothers without abusive exes are now using false allegations to win
sole custody of children. Recent studies show that 60 to 80% of all domestic
violence allegations are unnecessary or false. The California Bar
Association has even publicly stated they're concerned about this.

VAWA allowed Sheila Fuith to illegally abduct Emily Hindle from the UK to
the US. VAWA-funded attorneys and shelters helped this abusive and
neglectful mother to hide her child for years while continuing to file false
charges against Emily's dad Karl.

Sheila recently admitted making up every single allegation. Was she
punished? Does Karl have Emily back? No. In this case the U.S. State
Department is included in the corruption and abuse of Emily's right to her
father. If it weren't for the more than $400,000 Karl has spent
investigating this, no one would have known. He still waits for justice, and
his little girl.

VAWA allowed Shannon Phillips to illegally abduct Madison from California
to Illinois. Her father Donald Tenn is devastated. He was her stay-at-home
parent. "We were always together. I even watched Barney with her," he said,
"My favorite thing was having her sit on my lap while I read books to her.
It's so hard to be in this house without her."
Donald and Shannon got along. They never had any instances of domestic
violence. Shannon wanted Donald to move to Illinois with her. When he asked
her to return to California so they could decide together, she refused.

Donald knew the law was on his side. Move-aways are illegal in California.
When he told Shannon that he was going to have Madison returned, she
immediately filed false allegations against him.

As time goes by, her allegations are getting worse. Donald has become an
active leader in Families4Justice and Fathers4Justice. "I want Madison to
know I did everything I could to get her back," he said.

Shannon has enjoyed free legal aid, and free airfare, all thanks to VAWA.
Donald has no free legal aid. He was able to get visitation in Illinois, and
spent some precious time with Madison, once. Shannon illegally refused any
other visits, and has been supported for it.

"The roller coaster of emotions is hard," he said, "I can understand why
some fathers give up trying to get custody, or even seeing their children.
It's like nothing I've ever experienced." But Donald won't give up.

Making sure Madison never forgets their closeness, Donald sends her packages
in the mail. "Every time I'm shopping I see things she'd like, and I buy
them. Little snacks, books, stickers.she loves stickers," he explains, "I
send about 3 packages a week."

The Violence Against Women Act is unconstitutional and full of misandry. The
organizations that profit from it openly discriminate against men. They even
have a network of feminist attorneys ready to fight any lawsuit brought by
men to gain services.

And now we have The National Domestic Violence Volunteer Attorney Network
Act - H.R. 6088 and S. 1515 - recently introduced in Congress. This bill
would authorize $55 million for volunteer lawyers to help victims of
domestic violence.

Let's be very clear. This would be for women. And many would use it to take
children away from good fathers.

Old August 9th 08, 05:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

I understand these women have been wronged, as have their children. But I
stand by my belief that we should not have laws that hurt 95% of the
population, just to help 5%. We can still help these women without taking
rights away from all fathers.

Hence the draconian C$ laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And that is exactly what we've done with the Violence Against Women Act
(VAWA.) Mothers without abusive exes are now using false allegations to
win sole custody of children. Recent studies show that 60 to 80% of all
domestic violence allegations are unnecessary or false. The California
Bar Association has even publicly stated they're concerned about this.

See solution about story of false rape charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

"The roller coaster of emotions is hard," he said, "I can understand why
some fathers give up trying to get custody, or even seeing their children.
It's like nothing I've ever experienced." But Donald won't give up.

It's all about the mother's rights!!!!!!!!

The Violence Against Women Act is unconstitutional and full of misandry.
The organizations that profit from it openly discriminate against men.
They even have a network of feminist attorneys ready to fight any lawsuit
brought by men to gain services.

Do they think there's an active Men's club that was formed for the sole
purpose of beating up women.
There is simple assault laws that can handle trouble makers without all
these activist groups.

And now we have The National Domestic Violence Volunteer Attorney Network
Act - H.R. 6088 and S. 1515 - recently introduced in Congress. This bill
would authorize $55 million for volunteer lawyers to help victims of
domestic violence.

Why does a victim need a lawyer?

Let's be very clear. This would be for women. And many would use it to
take children away from good fathers.

Yes, seems be a common theme that is shared with the gals in the divorce
club!!!!!11