Crying for no reason?

Old February 12th 04, 12:40 AM
Kim

Default Crying for no reason?

One of my boys has started crying for no reason at different times
during the day. He'll be playing just fine, happy as a clam, and then
will just start crying - not a lot, just some whimpering. Then he'll
be fine again within a minute or so. He does it a lot when his
brother is playing with something he wants (which I'm used to since
they both do that), but he's started doing it for no reason (like when
I walk in the door after work - not a good morale booster for me!).
I'm just wondering if it's because he's just frustrated because he
hasn't started talking yet - his brother has begun saying a few words
here and there (pretty, fish, three) and will make all kinds of animal
noises. His brother (the whiner) has not attempted to make any kind
of attempt to speak. They will be two this month (way to fast for
me!). I'm not terribly concerned about it, because I know his hearing
is fine and he understands everything we say to him, but I'm curious
if the whining/crying is because he's not able to communicate or if it
could be something else.

Sorry this post is so long. Hope I didn't ramble too much. TIA for
any help you can give.

Kim
mom to Ronan & Xander (2/26/02)
Old February 13th 04, 06:17 AM
A. Walker

I think it may be something else. I say this because my twins are 3 and
every once in a while Marvin does just that very same thing. They both have
a great vocabulary and no known hearing problems, etc. He is asthmatic and
when he does that it is usually because he is not feeling well. Then some
time will pass and Malea will do the same thing. We can be watching tv
laughing and just relaxing and all of a sudden one of them will start
crying.

Sorry I don't what it could be. It is different things in my household,
every once in a while I can't figure it out. So I just hold them and after
a while it does the trick.

Almetra

om...