What IS going on in this group now?

Old April 4th 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

Default What IS going on in this group now?

Something ISNT going very nicely out there is it what is it?
why is the group full of adverts? it didnt used to be, did it? did
I miss something here?

What has being a parent got to do advertising adult bodies?
Are all single parents suddenly prostituted? why? why arnt
these advertisers mentioning the safety of their children if
they have been forced into making cash in such a casual
manner?

Old April 5th 07, 12:14 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

On 4 Apr, 23:48, "miri" wrote:
Something ISNT going very nicely out there is it what is it?
why is the group full of adverts? it didnt used to be, did it? did
I miss something here?

What has being a parent got to do advertising adult bodies?
Are all single parents suddenly prostituted? why? why arnt
these advertisers mentioning the safety of their children if
they have been forced into making cash in such a casual
manner?

or are they trying to advertise their childrens bodies as well?
Kate, do something please,

luv miri

Old April 5th 07, 07:30 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"miri" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 4 Apr, 23:48, "miri" wrote:
Something ISNT going very nicely out there is it what is it?
why is the group full of adverts? it didnt used to be, did it? did
I miss something here?

What has being a parent got to do advertising adult bodies?
Are all single parents suddenly prostituted? why? why arnt
these advertisers mentioning the safety of their children if
they have been forced into making cash in such a casual
manner?

or are they trying to advertise their childrens bodies as well?
Kate, do something please,

luv miri

It's just spam. Killfile and move on. There's nothing that anyone can do,
really, since this group isn't moderated and anyone can just pop in and
out - spammers included!
Killfile/block address/ignore is the best way to avoid some of it. Other
than that, it's hard. It's also everywhere!

Old April 8th 07, 11:59 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

On 8 Apr, 05:32, 'Kate wrote:
On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:14:46 -0700, miri wrote for all to see:

On 4 Apr, 23:48, "miri" wrote:
Something ISNT going very nicely out there is it what is it?
why is the group full of adverts? it didnt used to be, did it? did
I miss something here?

What has being a parent got to do advertising adult bodies?
Are all single parents suddenly prostituted? why? why arnt
these advertisers mentioning the safety of their children if
they have been forced into making cash in such a casual
manner?

or are they trying to advertise their childrens bodies as well?
Kate, do something please,

luv miri

I report them but I can't stop them. They don't use the same email address
each time. The best thing you can do for yourself is to find a news reader
that filters. Free Agent is one that works well with windows and will
filter cross posts and give you the ability to kill file/plonk annoying
people and/or subjects.

There use to be rules and respect for others. I haven't seen a lot of that
lately. Not here. Not anywhere, really. People holler about their rights.
They think they can do whatever they want and say whatever they want.
"It's the internet" Whatever.

Anyway.. I think I'll post the FAQ.

Hugs,
'k

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY !

Thanks Kate I havnt read the faq since last year so its good to go
over it again. It got a bit scary in this NG there seemed to be more
than posts. I know money is sometimes difficult to find if you're
raising
a family alone, and if someone hasnt time to find a new partner to
advertise in the only way they know how, but is it worth the risk to
your kids ?

Talking of scary I recieved some very important junk mail into my spam
tray last week, scary due to its reference to research for the
development
of a drug which would on the surface looks good, but reads simply more
like plain interference in the natural biologicals between mom+baby.
If we
havnt had enough upheavals with our relationships between moms and
dads, theres even more poking and prodding and nosiness going on to
interrup bonding between parents and their newborns and yet-to-be
borns.
I don't know what its like in the US, but last year there was a big
issue
about giving children up to 18 (yes thats eighteen) jabs, only a
fortnight
ago there was something about testing children of nursery school age
which seems to me more like setting exams for kids who havnt even
reached primary schools, can you believe it ! Its bad enough having
exam
nerves at 16

The sun is shining out there and we're stuffing ourselves with easter
eggs,
maybe we'll save the foils and collage later. The children remind me
that tomorrow is Easter too, and will there be any more eggs then? I
bought
a bag of small ones to hide under the hedge and around the place so
I'll do
that tomorrow. I boiled a few yesterday to paint up for tea tonight,
it'll be nice
to have a little party for us....(chocolate for brekkies, chocolate
for lunch, with
chocolate snacks inbetween and boiled eggs for tea, Ugh!) I want to
tell them
a few stories about Easter (when I can unglue them from the TV) Theres
supposed to be traditions in some parts of the world about what to
paint on
the eggs and what the patterns and colors meant.

HAPPY EASTER

miri

Old April 8th 07, 07:52 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"'Kate" wrote in message
news snip
I want to tell
them
a few stories about Easter (when I can unglue them from the TV) Theres
supposed to be traditions in some parts of the world about what to paint
on
the eggs and what the patterns and colors meant.

Ukrainian eggs are like that. It's fascinating to watch them being
colored... they block with wax so that the color only permeates the
unwaxed part.

Oh! We do those...
For the last 23 years of my life, anyways...
I actually remember doing them for probably 18 years, and I still can't do a
straight line. My mom is alright at doing them. She takes her time and
wiggly lines galore, but it still looks pretty nice. Me, I do the same
thing over and over. My grandma used to do them fantastically (an old
Ukrainian lady) but over the years, major arthritis has taken over and her
hands just can't do them. She'd much rather watch us (and me struggle) to
do them. N and I still have unfinished eggs that we started a couple weeks
ago sitting at my mom's house... I get bored and frustrated way too easily
with them

Old April 9th 07, 12:13 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

On 8 Apr, 20:36, 'Kate wrote:
On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 18:52:09 +0000, xkatx wrote for all to see:

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

I've never done one and I am part Uke too. You're so lucky to have someone
to watch do them even if you don't. I don't think I could do those
straight lines or match the designs as well as some of the examples on the
'Net. They're amazing!

'K- Hide quoted text -

Now arnt these absolutely GORGEOUS !!

http://www.umacleveland.org/pysanky.htm

and something about what the symbols mean

http://www.smokylake.com/history/culture/eastereggs.htm

I love these I really do, they remind me of the
very old decorations we often get on the beams in
houses hundreds of years old (if some idiot hasnt
painted them out or replaced the beams)

OOOOh! I love them thanks !

luv miri

Thanks Group Terry Davis Single Parents 1 May 7th 06 12:02 PM
I'm new to the group SHERRY Single Parents 0 December 7th 05 09:18 PM
new to group Single Parents 73 November 28th 05 08:04 AM
new to this group KAR Single Parents 25 November 23rd 05 06:27 AM
Hi, new to the group sandra helmuth Single Parents 8 July 19th 05 04:39 PM