Overheating!

Old October 17th 04, 01:26 AM
Cathy

Default Overheating!

Gosh, the weather has turned very summery here (still only spring really),
but I find I'm really noticing the heat this time. People are giving me
strange looks as I wander around in t-shirt and shorts, and they're still in
polar fleece tops and jeans! I don't think I really realised just how much
difference having a little internal heater makes until now!

Cathy

Old October 17th 04, 04:50 PM
Zaz

Our summer is long gone now (it's fully automnal season, the leaves are
falling, etc.), and I still feel hot as an oven.

The other day, DH held me in his arms while we were both barechest, and he
was shocked by the amount of heat coming from my belly. He hadn't realised
it until then, and an understanding look finally passed in his eyes: "Oh, no
wonder you feel so hot all the time!"

Old October 18th 04, 12:57 AM
Christine

I wish it was spring....;(
I was always the =91=91i'm cold=92=92 type, till I was about 6 months
pregnant,then I was always so hot. I wanted to crack the bedroom window
open at night, but I could'nt freeze DH out...LOL...
now I'm still hot all the time. It might be because I have more skin on
my bones now..

Old October 18th 04, 12:47 PM
Zaz

"Christine" wrote in message
I wanted to crack the bedroom window
open at night, but I could'nt freeze DH out...LOL...

Well, I sent DH to another room for the night. Sad, because we love to sleep
together, but I just couldn't sleep anymore without the window open, and he
was complaining because of the cold... He gracefully agreed to use the
sofa-bed in the baby's room...

Old October 18th 04, 09:52 PM
Beach mum

I think I'm the only person on the planet who was cold throughout my first
pregnancy. I actually own a maternity turtleneck and wool sweat that I wore
often last time. I'm a bit warmer this time, but still much colder than DH.

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

"Christine" wrote in message
I wish it was spring....;(
I was always the ''i'm cold'' type, till I was about 6 months

Old October 18th 04, 10:17 PM
Wendy

I have this problem of being very hot while preggers also! I have to
sleep with a fan on me which DH hates. I swear my body temp. goes up at
least 10 degrees while pregnant. I was at the salon the other day
getting my hair done and I absolutely could not stand to be under the
dryer. I had to tell my stylist to get me out from under this thing
'now'!

Wendy

Old October 19th 04, 01:26 AM
Cathy

Beach mum wrote:
I think I'm the only person on the planet who was cold throughout my
first pregnancy. I actually own a maternity turtleneck and wool sweat
that I wore often last time. I'm a bit warmer this time, but still
much colder than DH.

I wouldn't say that! Last time, I was freezing cold for about the first 4
months. I had to turn the heater on in my office (onheard of till then),
and when I had to work outside in snow for a day, I honestly don't think
I've ever been so cold. And even when summer arrived, I was a comfortable
temp. Just not this time...

Cathy

Old October 19th 04, 04:51 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Zaz wrote:

"Christine" wrote in message

I wanted to crack the bedroom window
open at night, but I could'nt freeze DH out...LOL...

Well, I sent DH to another room for the night. Sad, because we love to sleep
together, but I just couldn't sleep anymore without the window open, and he
was complaining because of the cold... He gracefully agreed to use the
sofa-bed in the baby's room...

I had the A/C cranked right up all the time. DH was definitely not
happy with this, but he made do by dressing for winter...in July. He
didn't really mind, though. It wasn't like he couldn't do anything to
make himself more comfortable. It looked really funny at night, though.
I would sleep with just a light layer of clothing and no blankets, and
DH would be in a sweat suit with two layers of blankets, one of them
being a thick comforter.

I'm definitely back to normal now.
Old October 20th 04, 07:55 PM
Joybelle

"Beach mum" wrote in message
I think I'm the only person on the planet who was cold throughout my first
pregnancy. I actually own a maternity turtleneck and wool sweat that I

wore
often last time. I'm a bit warmer this time, but still much colder than

DH.

Nope, you're not the only one. There's at least one other... I froze
with my first. I hated maternity shirts because they were so drafty. I had
to wear big' ol sweatshirts layered with a long-sleeved t-shirt or a long
underwear shirt. Socks and slippers were a must! My second pregnancy was
about the same. My third pregnancy I was actually pretty cozy without all
that stuff, and gasp was actually too hot a couple of times! LOL
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01