Arrival of the twins!

Old August 19th 05, 01:11 PM
Mamma Mia

congrats ilse great news. that is 6kg of baby you had going on, wow!

how is big brother?

chris
"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
Saturday August 13th saw the birth of two new world citizens: DD and DS2.
Since DD was not lying in full breech and the membranes had ruptured, they
arrived by c-section. They both weighed in at just above 3kg. My recovery
is progressing well, DS2 is nursing like a champ, but needs additional
hospital tests for an enlarged kidney. He is doing wonderful otherwise.

After a good start, DD is having problems with fluctuating bloodsugar
levels. She has a hard time drinking even a bottle of EBM, we have had to
force feed her once and saw improvement this morning, but now it seems she
is slowing down yet again. Perhaps this is her normal behaviour, she has
been more sleepy at this time of day since birth, and seems more alert
through evening and night.

At least we have our 'kraamzuster', a specialized nurse who cares for me
and the babies at home the first week. She is on top of things, and so are
we.

--
--I
mommy to DS1 (July '02)

Old August 19th 05, 01:39 PM
Stara Baba

In article , PdB
wrote:

Ilse Witch wrote:
Saturday August 13th saw the birth of two new world citizens: DD and
DS2.

That is wonderful news, Ilse! Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy your two new
miracles and good luck with the small 'opstartprobleempjes'

Peter

I don't speak Dutch, but I've got it figured out, Peter. :-0)
--
-Barb, http://www.jamlady.eboard.com 8/18/05, State Fair Foundation
event - a fun evening.
Old August 19th 05, 01:58 PM
PdB

Stara Baba wrote:
That is wonderful news, Ilse! Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy your two new
miracles and good luck with the small 'opstartprobleempjes'

Peter

I don't speak Dutch, but I've got it figured out, Peter. :-0)

Good deal! I know Minnesotans catch on quickly

BTW, you're working at the State Fair? Lucky you! I'd love to go there
again
Old August 19th 05, 02:00 PM
Rose

Ilse Witch wrote:
[...]

Tappity tappity tappity tappity tap tap tap Tappity tappity tap shuffle
tap tap tap

[[Doing the happy dance]]

Congratulations.
Old August 19th 05, 02:04 PM
Stormlady

Congratulations!! I can't believe where the time has gone, it seems like
just the other day you posted that you were pregnant. I remember hoping
everything would work out for you, then to find out it was twins, and now,
here they are. WOW. Try to rest as much as you can, hard I know and I hope
everything is fine with DS's kidney and with DD.

Old August 19th 05, 02:07 PM
Nikki

Ilse Witch wrote:
Saturday August 13th saw the birth of two new world citizens: DD and
DS2.

OMGoodness, Congratulations!! Welcome to the babies. I hope things settle
down and smooth out soon. Is that possible with twins I wonder? You are
going to have so much fun :-)

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old August 19th 05, 02:25 PM
Mary W.

Ilse Witch wrote:

Saturday August 13th saw the birth of two new world citizens: DD and DS2.
Since DD was not lying in full breech and the membranes had ruptured, they
arrived by c-section. They both weighed in at just above 3kg.

Congratulations! I hope you have a speedy
recovery, that DS2's kidneys are OK and that
DD figures out the whole feeding thing soon.

Mary W.
Old August 19th 05, 03:01 PM
Sue

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
Saturday August 13th saw the birth of two new world citizens: DD and DS2.

Absolutely wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you. Welcome to the world
little babies. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old August 19th 05, 03:01 PM

Congarts!!!!! That is wonderful! all the best.

Old August 19th 05, 03:09 PM
Diana Stoetzer

Ilse Witch schrieb:
[...]

Hey, Ilse, congrats!
Viel Spaß mit Deiner nun so grossen Rasselbande :-)!

Gruß,
Diana

B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Friend pregnant with twins in hospital :( Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 09:15 PM
We're Having Boy/Girl Twins Meg Twins & Triplets 38 November 29th 03 08:37 AM
Woman of 58 gives birth to twins after successful IVF treatment [email protected] Pregnancy 10 July 23rd 03 08:18 AM
AP: Study Shows Fraternal Twins Can Share Placenta Nick Theodorakis Twins & Triplets 1 July 14th 03 05:49 AM