Problems Sleeping

Old August 14th 03, 08:00 PM

Default Problems Sleeping

Hiya Everyone,
Well my wife is having problems sleeping. We have a pillow that is shaped
like the letter C and she uses that. She said that it is hard for her to
fall asleep and always tossing and turning. She is getting about 5-6 hrs of
sleep per night. Any suggestions on helping falling asleep..
Thanks for any input.

Mark

Old August 15th 03, 12:43 AM
daisy

wrote in message
Hiya Everyone,
Well my wife is having problems sleeping. We have a pillow that is shaped
like the letter C and she uses that. She said that it is hard for her to
fall asleep and always tossing and turning. She is getting about 5-6 hrs

of
sleep per night. Any suggestions on helping falling asleep..
Thanks for any input.

Mark

Im 41 weeks and have not been able to sleep for 2 months. The only thing
that I can figure out is that I need to have this baby, then I can sleep
comfortably (although for not many hours at a time : ) )
Daisy

Old August 15th 03, 02:21 AM
Kereru

Relax, relax and oh yes more relaxing. All the old remedies like warm milk a
hot bath etc.. Lavendar oil and a massage. Some people find sex helps, or
orgasm one way or the other (for her not you BTW!).

All that said it does get hard to sleep towards the end. I find it best not
to try to hard, tell myself that if I can't sleep I can at least rest maybe
read a magazine etc.. Also I found it easier to sleep when my husband went
and slept in the spare bed.

Judy

Old August 15th 03, 05:51 AM
annafine

I'm almost 31 weeks pregnant with my first child and I'm having a
helluva time sleeping at night. I usually sleep better during the day
when I can spread out and have the entire bed to myself while my
husband is at work.

I've told my husband that I will NOT kick him out of our bed to the
spare bed because I need my 'teddy bear' (him) to hug at night when I
wake up and just can't get back to sleep right away.

I've been having aches and pains in my hips and lower back for the
past couple of weeks (mostly at night and early mornings)...I've found
that Tylenol PM works for helping me to sleep at night, and it eases
the pain too.

Anna
Old August 15th 03, 01:08 PM
KR

What is sleep again? I have a hard time getting to sleep any night, I
find it relatively easy to fall asleep to the 6:00 news while sitting
in the recliner, but I never feel refreshed and awake when I wake up
in the mornings. As soon as I feel comfortable enough to go to sleep
I have to get up and pee anyways!

Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy! I don't forsee any great nights of sleep
in my near future.

Old August 15th 03, 03:49 PM
Stephanie

"daisy" wrote in message ...
wrote in message
Hiya Everyone,
Well my wife is having problems sleeping. We have a pillow that is shaped
like the letter C and she uses that. She said that it is hard for her to
fall asleep and always tossing and turning. She is getting about 5-6 hrs

of
sleep per night. Any suggestions on helping falling asleep..
Thanks for any input.

Mark

Im 41 weeks and have not been able to sleep for 2 months. The only thing
that I can figure out is that I need to have this baby, then I can sleep
comfortably (although for not many hours at a time : ) )
Daisy

You know what would help me sleep? A catheter! I am up to pee every
hour! I turn over a lot, but can do so practically still asleep. It is
the peeing that is killing me.

Man I am tired. (34 weeks)

Old August 15th 03, 04:36 PM
sher

wrote in message ...
Hiya Everyone,
Well my wife is having problems sleeping. We have a pillow that is shaped
like the letter C and she uses that. She said that it is hard for her to
fall asleep and always tossing and turning. She is getting about 5-6 hrs of
sleep per night. Any suggestions on helping falling asleep..
Thanks for any input.

Mark

I would have her see if sleeping somewhere else would help. For the
last 4 weeks of my first pregnancy, the only way I could get
comfortable was to sleep on the couch.

Good luck!

~ Sher
Old August 15th 03, 05:14 PM
The Huwe Family

Me too :-) I actually feel FINE lying down, but then think that I might as
well go since I am awake. The moment I sit up I have to run to the restroom
to make it.

Gayle
"Stephanie" wrote in message
om...

Old August 15th 03, 05:20 PM
The Huwe Family

I ended up moving into the spare bedroom. The bed in there was mine before
we were married anyway, so it feels like an old friend. The reasons I moved
were multiple tho: 1. I got HUGE fast. There wasn't enough room for me to
turn over. 2. My husband has sleep apnea which has not been controlled
yet. Major snoring on his part. 3. I hadn't been sleeping pretty much
since my 1st trimester and felt that I had a better chance if I wasn't
disturbed in any way by anyone/anything else.

The funny thing is, when I was told that I'd be having a c-section and the
babies would stay in the NICU for a while, I was actually quite glad. I
could heal AND sleep before having to tackle taking care of the babies.

Gayle

Old August 15th 03, 08:13 PM
Em

"KR" wrote in message
What is sleep again? I have a hard time getting to sleep any night, I
find it relatively easy to fall asleep to the 6:00 news while sitting
in the recliner, but I never feel refreshed and awake when I wake up
in the mornings. As soon as I feel comfortable enough to go to sleep
I have to get up and pee anyways!

Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy! I don't forsee any great nights of sleep
in my near future.

I, otoh, am going to be in for a very rude awakening and change of routine
when the baby shows up!! I'm still sleeping just dandy at going on 35 weeks.
I get up *maybe* once in the night to go to the bathroom (though I still
often sleep a full night without using the bathroom as well) and I sometimes
wake up once or twice when changing positions (because it is more awkward to
change now).

--
Em
edd 9/23/03