my latest symptom :-) (arrhythmia)

Old April 23rd 04, 02:49 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default my latest symptom :-) (arrhythmia)

Great. I should have known. For about the past 2 days (well today I've
been spared, so far, so I had this problem yesterday and the day
before), I've had my old arrhythmia come back but much worse than I ever
remember it. (I call it "my old..." because I had it as a child and
teenager) I know it's normal for pregnancy to bring this on, so I'm not
worried, but it is still at least a little unnerving anyway. I hate it
when I sit there and I can feel my heart skipping beats. It's not the
skipped beat that troubles me, but the major thumping that occurs for a
couple of beats afterwards, along with the increased adrenaline. I
think they technically classify what I suffer from as a form of
tachycardia (not sure though), although I didn't have tachycardia in
general - only 90bpm, which is high for me while resting, but not high
enough to warrant being labelled. I actually plan to phone my midwife
tomorrow to ask her about it, but I'm expecting her to tell me to not
worry about it, drink more water, and so on. ;-) We'll see. I would
have phoned today, but I forgot (I know - but it's because I had this
problem for so long before, and I'm used to just tuning it out).

Does anyone else experience this? Just curious...is it worse when you
lie down? I don't know why, but for me it's always worse when I lie
down. Normally, it's not much of a problem, but now that I'm pregnant,
there is of course more stress being placed on my body, so last night,
in particular, I actually had to get out of bed because it got pretty
bad. Sleep was impossible. (thankfully, it stopped on its own after a
few hours, so I did manage to get *some* sleep)

Old May 10th 04, 08:07 PM
Ivy

I've had it with all three pregnancies. It starts right up sometimes before
I know I'm pregnant yet. For me, I mostly notice it when I'm lying on my
left side at night (so I tend to avoid doing that so I can sleep).
Bothersome, but from what I can tell, not unusual or anything to worry about
(easy to say, but very hard not to worry about it!!)

Old May 16th 04, 04:48 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Ivy wrote:

I've had it with all three pregnancies. It starts right up sometimes before
I know I'm pregnant yet. For me, I mostly notice it when I'm lying on my
left side at night (so I tend to avoid doing that so I can sleep).
Bothersome, but from what I can tell, not unusual or anything to worry about
(easy to say, but very hard not to worry about it!!)

Well I've been happy because it hasn't come back again (yet).