Bad news for liars, good news for kids

Old January 20th 08, 04:43 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Default Bad news for liars, good news for kids

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

Debbee wrote:
On Jan 17, 8:47 pm, (David Wright) wrote:

My tag line is insulting the president. As for the attitude, well,
you're entitled to your opinion.

I support the President of the U.S. I might not like all of his
viewpoints,
or his decisions but being an American, despite who is in the White
House,
I do support the President. In my humble opinion, anyone that insults
the
President insults the Veterans, and the American Flag, and what it
stands for.

I disagree. Anyone who insults this president is a True American. I call
him Bar Stool Butt because of his lack of effort in his so-called
military service where he was not courts-martialed for serious
violations such as disobeying orders, AWOL, and rendering military
equipment unfit for service.

The inability to distinguish the office from the man hampered the
Watergate investigation. How could Nixon be a lying crook? He was the
President!

Last February while I was visiting Syd, I was talking to one of your
fellow countrymen during the Cheney invasion. He screwed up the busses
and a day of sightseeing. We went out the Paramatta instead and toured
the Olympic site.

I told him that I call Cheney the Chicken Hawk In Chief, as he used
every dodge to avoid military service during Vietnam.

While having this discussion, I was overheard by three members of his
security detail. You know the guys with the curly wire ear pieces who
talk into their sleeves.

Next morning at breakfast one of them walks over to me and says that he
overheard my comment, and that his dad, also a VietVet calls him the
same thing. I told him to tell his Dad, "Welcome home, brother!"

As for Nixon, my father was proud of the fact that he voted against
Nixon in CA and NY every time he ran.

Old January 20th 08, 04:44 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

vernon O wrote:
"Debbee" wrote in message
On Jan 17, 8:47 pm, (David Wright) wrote:

My tag line is insulting the president. As for the attitude, well,
you're entitled to your opinion.

I support the President of the U.S. I might not like all of his
viewpoints,
or his decisions but being an American, despite who is in the White
House,
I do support the President. In my humble opinion, anyone that insults
the
President insults the Veterans, and the American Flag, and what it
stands for.

And anyone who insults the President does so out of ignorance and hate.
I don't care if it was Clinton, Nixon, Roosevelt, Hoover, Lincoln, Bush,
Kennedy.

Every one had positives that far outweighed negatives

I am positive that Bar Stool Butt has only negatives.

Old January 20th 08, 09:59 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Mark" wrote in message
On Jan 16, 9:26 pm, "Jan Drew" wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message

On Jan 14, 1:58 pm, Debbee wrote:

Mark L, I have a hypothetical situation for you:

If I remember correctly, you work for some kind of Medical group.
Say you have a child that comes to
see you with his parents because they want a 3rd opinion -- ---the
chances for survival of the child are slim with the other two proposed
therapies. The parents tell you that they have heard about a
therapy that
as Probert likes to call it, that is "fringe" that there have been
some limited studies done about--say in Denmark and in Germany, but
nothing stateside, but there is a strong possibility that these large
doses of Vitamin supplement IVS might work for the child. As a
doctor, what do you do in a case like this? You already know the odds
of the chance for survival for the other two methods. The parents
have handed over to you the studies from that they pulled out of peer
reviewed journals. Based on the information you know about the other
two treatments, then seeing this rather limited alternative medicine
study information from Europe with good results, what would you
recommend? Would you abandon the conventional treatment way of
thinking to recommend trying the alternative medicine therapy, or
would you stand by it all of the way because you work for a Medical
group and your colleagues would not favor your decision?

Firstly, I take umbrage at your thinly veiled sneer that I make
decisions based on how some "group" thinks I should. I have been
blessed with a working brain, and I use it on a daily basis, thank you
very much.

Does that so-called working brain include. *Oh my ****in God*?

No answer is noted.

If the hypothetical studies have been published in peer-reviewed
journals, and there is supposedly a "strong possibility" that the
third therapy would work better than the first two, I imagine that the
oncologists (I assume you are talking about cancer...) would have
heard about it and would have an opinion of their own. I can read
about this therapy or that, but I wouldn't be so vain as to believe
that a trained pediatric oncologist knows less than I how to interpret
studies on new cancer therapies.

Curiously enough, this topic came up about 16-17 months ago. I had a
darling little girl in my practice who was dying of metastatic
neuroblastoma. The 5 doctors in the Neuroblastoma division or the
department of pediatric oncology at Sloan-Kettering in New York had
worked like devils for a year to cure this girl, but she was, frankly,
beyond hope. All conventional, and some experimental, approaches had
been exhausted.

Her mother called me and then brought me copies of
"research" (actually just self-published testimonials, and not true
research) from some doctor in Colorado who actually told this poor
woman that he had treated and cured God-knows-how-many kids with
*exactly her daughter's condition.* [The nerve of this *******...]

Mom wanted to know my opinion of this guy's approach. I don't
remember the exact details, but it involved mega-doses of vitamins,
some I had heard of and some which sounded totally fictitious. I told
Mom that I understood her desperation, but I doubted that anything
could really be done to delay the inevitable. I did tell her that
nothing on this guy's list of supplements looked harmful, so I
wouldn't try to stop her from wasting her money.

There's your answer, Debbee.

Mom called Dr. Colorado to ask how much his treatment would cost, and
this son of a bitch responded with "Well, how much is your daughter's
life worth?" I actually called him and demanded to know what the hell
he thought he was up to, and the conversation, needless to say, went
nowhere.

Do you know his mother? Was she a bitch?

Another question not answer,,,,,

Two months and about $6,000 later, Mom still had a dying kid on her
hands. I got the call at 6:00 am when she passed.

That's my personal experience with miracle cures that "they" don't
want you to know about.

Mark, MD

our experience with conventional medicine who did not cure..is??-

Can't answer, eh??

Here's a quote you can cut and paste to your heart's delight, Jan:

"Shut the **** up, you evil, vindictive, ignorant, nasty, heartless,
stupid, and horribly misguided bitch."

Does that do it for you? Can you add that to the list of things
you'll e-mail to people who you think are my bosses? Tell you
what...you mined the 'net to find my clinic

*Your clinic*?

Care to prove that??

and decided to tattle to
the person you thought had some sway over me. (BTW, it didn't work;
we both had a good laugh at your expense...) How about you tell me
your pastor's name and I'll send him some of *your* choice quotes?
Are you willing to have people outside this NG scrutinize your nasty
posts, you horrible, shriveled twit?

You are bad. You are nasty and ignorant and just plain stupid.
There...cut and paste that all you want...

Mark, MD

Not sorry for that rant, eh?

How about you tell me
your pastor's name and I'll send him some of *your* choice quotes?

http://www.ggclinic.com/Pediatrics.html#Lowry

OOOPPS. It disappeared. Hmm.

http://www.ggclinic.com/Pediatrics.html

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

lol...........................

Old January 20th 08, 03:38 PM posted to misc.health.alternative, misc.kids.health
The One True Zhen Jue

"Mark" wrote in message

On Jan 14, 1:58 pm, Debbee wrote:

[...]

what...you mined the 'net to find my clinic and decided to tattle to
the person you thought had some sway over me. *(BTW, it didn't work;
we both had a good laugh at your expense...) *How about you tell me
your pastor's name and I'll send him some of *your* choice quotes?
Are you willing to have people outside this NG scrutinize your nasty
posts, you horrible, shriveled twit?

You are bad. *You are nasty and ignorant and just plain stupid.
There...cut and paste that all you want...

Truth, that!

Mark, MD- Hide quoted text -

Old January 20th 08, 06:19 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
vernon O

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Peter Bowditch wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

Debbee wrote:
[...]

And Bobby Kennedy called Nixon one of the most astute and realistic
politicians in the U.S. History. But then Bobby tried to be truthful and
not blab political lies, just because he was in a party.

Old January 20th 08, 06:21 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
vernon O

vernon O wrote:
"Debbee" wrote in message
On Jan 17, 8:47 pm, (David Wright) wrote:

My tag line is insulting the president. As for the attitude, well,
you're entitled to your opinion.

I support the President of the U.S. I might not like all of his
viewpoints,
or his decisions but being an American, despite who is in the White
House,
I do support the President. In my humble opinion, anyone that insults
the
President insults the Veterans, and the American Flag, and what it
stands for.

And anyone who insults the President does so out of ignorance and hate.
I don't care if it was Clinton, Nixon, Roosevelt, Hoover, Lincoln, Bush,
Kennedy.

Every one had positives that far outweighed negatives

I am positive that Bar Stool Butt has only negatives.

Goody goody for you.
Hate is the base of NAZI.

Old January 21st 08, 03:43 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

vernon O wrote:
"Debbee" wrote in message
[...]

Now you are being stupid. I do not hate Bar Stool Butt. I pity him.

Old January 21st 08, 05:37 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
vernon O

vernon O wrote:
"Debbee" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, lots of words for hate.

They said similar in 1931.

"Someone has ONLY negative"???
Hate

Old January 22nd 08, 07:59 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

Debbee wrote:
[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...7238df12888f43

Anecdotes are not facts. They are, at best interesting stories. At
worst, outright lies.