Wonderful news!

Old December 24th 04, 10:55 PM
Beach Mum

Default Wonderful news!

I got my GTT results back a few days ago (was having ridiculous new computer
problems so couldn't post) and not only don't I have it, but the number was
116, which seriously makes me question whether I had it last time (when the
number was 142) or whether they were just overzealous. Last time they messed
up my three hour test and decided that I could redo it or just do daily
finger-pricks. This time I don't have to do any of it since my numbers came
in so low.

I celebrated with a bowl of ice cream.

The only bad thing I can think of is that this baby will like be (a) bigger
since (b) I'll likely go to term. OTOH, I'm hoping that the lack of
nourishment from a highly restrictive diet with mean that this one won't be
colicky.

Yahoo!

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old December 24th 04, 11:23 PM
Jamie Clark

Congrats! Yipeee!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old December 25th 04, 12:19 PM
Chookie

In article of0zd.7752$L7.7343@trnddc05, "Beach Mum"
wrote:

I got my GTT results back a few days ago (was having ridiculous new computer
problems so couldn't post) and not only don't I have it, but the number was
116, which seriously makes me question whether I had it last time (when the
number was 142) or whether they were just overzealous. Last time they messed
up my three hour test and decided that I could redo it or just do daily
finger-pricks. This time I don't have to do any of it since my numbers came
in so low.

I celebrated with a bowl of ice cream.

Hooray!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet
Old December 25th 04, 01:00 PM
Anne Rogers

The only bad thing I can think of is that this baby will like be (a)
bigger since (b) I'll likely go to term. OTOH, I'm hoping that the lack of
nourishment from a highly restrictive diet with mean that this one won't
be colicky.

how big was Elizabeth? Isn't going to term a good thing? I'm glad your test
results came back fine, keep eating well.

Anne

Old December 26th 04, 04:14 AM
Beach Mum

"Anne Rogers" wrote

The only bad thing I can think of is that this baby will like be (a)
bigger since (b) I'll likely go to term. OTOH, I'm hoping that the lack
of nourishment from a highly restrictive diet with mean that this one
won't be colicky.

how big was Elizabeth? Isn't going to term a good thing? I'm glad your
test results came back fine, keep eating well.

E was 5 lbs. 9 oz., which was a nice, small baby. She gained weight quickly
and in two months went from below the charts to the 75th percentile.

Going to term is a really good thing, except when you're spending those last
few weeks unable to sleep, huge and too big for any of your clothes. IOW, I
know it's better for the baby to be fully cooked, but I'd be happier with a
shorter pg (because I really don't like being pg). However, for a
non-colicky baby, I'd even be willing to go to 42 weeks as long as I don't
have to be induced. (Of course, wait a few weeks and see if I'm still
willing. :-) )
--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old December 26th 04, 09:17 AM
Anne Rogers

how big was Elizabeth? Isn't going to term a good thing? I'm glad your
test results came back fine, keep eating well.

E was 5 lbs. 9 oz., which was a nice, small baby. She gained weight
quickly and in two months went from below the charts to the 75th
percentile.

at what gestation? I did I quick search on google groups last night and it
seemed that she was 37ish weeks? N was just the same, 37+4, 5lb13oz, except
he didn't grow fast, at 18 months he's totally off the charts, he's only
just hit 20lb.

Going to term is a really good thing, except when you're spending those
last few weeks unable to sleep, huge and too big for any of your clothes.
IOW, I know it's better for the baby to be fully cooked, but I'd be
happier with a shorter pg (because I really don't like being pg). However,
for a non-colicky baby, I'd even be willing to go to 42 weeks as long as I
don't have to be induced. (Of course, wait a few weeks and see if I'm
still willing. :-) )

I sort of feel the same, we didn't have any problems from Nathanael's
relatively early arrival, the ongoing worries about weight are probably
unrelated to that, but equally I don't want to go to 42 weeks pregnant, I've
chatted with my midwife and she thinks that would be very unlikely, but
we'll have to wait til June to see if she is right. Sizewise we'll have to
wait and see too, seems like the two of us have got quite similar unknowns
ahead of us!