Can someone recommend any good Maternity Belts?

Old July 25th 06, 06:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default Can someone recommend any good Maternity Belts?

My friend just gave a birth and sh offered me her maternity belt but i
don't think it's good enough.

So please give me an advice which to choose, where to buy?

Old July 25th 06, 06:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

First let me begin by telling you that this maternity support belt from
http:// www.medbarn.com (it's Gabrialla brand, MS-96 for medium support
or you can use MS-99 for strong support) was literally a life saver
during my last pregnancy...

....Immediately, I was relieved of all pressure and pain from it's
use...About the 8th month of my pregnancy, quick trip to the grocery
store was a major chore. It was at that point, I started wearing the
belt, upon awakening in the morning until I went to bed at night.

....The belt goes completely unnoticed, wearing a variety of clothes and
fabrics. I wore it under everything from business suits to casual wear
and it could not be seen. I never experienced any discomfort from using
the belt itself. No abrasive material against my skin, no production of
sweat from it, no tightness or feelings of being bound; it absolutely
wears like a second skin or as good as any other daily under garment.

The durability of the support belt is fantastic! Not only did I use it,
a co-worker borrowed it for her pregnancy some 4 months later. She also
was completely satisfied, and couldn't thank me enough for telling her
about this product. We told everyone we knew about it!

I cannot express enough how this belt gave me peace of mind, and
freedom from pain; being able to continue working and not being limited
on what I could do, because of discomfort. If you are pregnant anytime
in the future, I strongly advise you to ask your physician about this
wonderful maternity maternity support. I was so lucky to have been
given the info. about it and the chance to have it for my pregnancy; so
now you have that knowledge too.

Old July 25th 06, 06:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

wrote in message
oups.com...
First let me begin by telling you that this maternity support belt from

snipped
Spammers getting inventive?
Debbie

Old July 25th 06, 08:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Welches wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
First let me begin by telling you that this maternity support belt
from

snipped
Spammers getting inventive?
Debbie

Maybe, but it was in response to someone's post, so at least it was on
topic. They could both be the same person, but at this point, I don't
really care.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old July 27th 06, 08:46 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Leigh Menconi

wrote in message
oups.com...
My friend just gave a birth and sh offered me her maternity belt but i
don't think it's good enough.

So please give me an advice which to choose, where to buy?

I used something called the Prenatal Cradle when I was pregnant with my
twins. It has straps that go up over your shoulders to help support the
belt, taking more pressure off the lower back.

Leigh

Old July 27th 06, 09:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lucy-lu

wrote:
My friend just gave a birth and sh offered me her maternity belt but i
don't think it's good enough.

So please give me an advice which to choose, where to buy?

Hi

It depends what area you need the support in as to the kind of belt you
would need. Also, your friend's belt may not be the right size for you.

I was given a Fembrace by my physiotherapist, very similar to the 2nd
one down (the brown one) on this page
http://www.thephysioshop.com/maternity_supports.html, it was great at
taking the pain and pressure out of my hips and back, however, the
velcro straps had to be adjusted often, or they would rub at the top of
my thighs - it was worth it though for the relief. However, before she
gave me that, she tried me with one similar to the MiniCradle belt at
the bottom of that page, which was useless for me.

HTH

Lucy
Old July 29th 06, 05:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

I used something called the Prenatal Cradle when I was pregnant with my
twins. It has straps that go up over your shoulders to help support the
belt, taking more pressure off the lower back.

similar to that is the belly bra, which I expect offers less support, but I
found it made a significant difference, it depends what type of support you
are looking for really, I could never tolerate any of the ones that went
just below the bump, despite trying several, whereas the bellybra seemed to
just mould to my body and help spread the weight of the bump and to then
take the pressure of the pelvis rather than the below bump style of just
tightening everything up.

Anne

Old August 21st 06, 09:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lori

I have one that's just a piece of thick elastic with some velcro. I wouldn't
mind trying something a little more supportive, but at least the one I've
got does help a LOT with the pelvic pain.

The first time I was pregnant, I didn't find out about maternity belts, but
I really wish I had known then. My belly was SO sore & stretched out by the
end. I think a belt would have really helped a lot.

I've noticed since I've been using mine (about a month now), that aside from
reducing the unbearable pelvic pain, the stretch marks are a lot less
noticable.

I think if you can find a maternity store that carries several different
kinds of maternity belts, it would be best to just try some on. You will be
able to tell pretty much instantly if it's going to help.

I only have one complaint about mine, and that is that the first time I was
pregnant, I was able to find all kinds of panties that went up high above
the belly button. I didn't think too much about this until I got my
maternity belt, but now I would KILL to find panties like that, because the
belt rubbing on my skin is uncomfortable. Still well worth wearing, but I
would really like some big maternity panties to go under it, instead of the
skimpy little things they're selling now.

Lori

oups.com...

Old August 25th 06, 09:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Midnight

I just opened a online store for maternity wear, see if anything there
helps you out.

Charles

Lori wrote:
[...]

oups.com...

Old August 25th 06, 10:28 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lori

Everything there looks like the sexy stuff I already have. Looking for some
old lady stuff.

Lori

ups.com...

Lori wrote:
[...]