3 year birthday present ideas?

Old June 24th 04, 06:00 AM
Irene

Default 3 year birthday present ideas?

Ds will be turning 3 in a few weeks, and I have no idea what to get
him, not to mention giving ideas to relatives (who are starting to ask
- I don't suggest gifts to people who aren't asking!) It seems like
he has most things already, and since we've already been letting him
play with things with small pieces, I'm not sure what else gets to be
a new thing. He's got a tricycle (ok at it, but has a hard time on
the gentle slopes that are like hills to him). He's got a sandbox and
oodles of toys for it, bats & balls of all types, toy vehicles of all
types it seems, an easel and related art stuff, a toy kitchen, blocks.
Little People - lots of those. (Probably tons more things I'm
missing) He hates dressup.

What am I missing? Just about the only thing I can think of is a
taller basketball hoop. Or, more vehicles - but that's just more of
the same, as far as I'm concerned. Or books & videos.

Any ideas?

Irene
Old June 24th 04, 06:25 AM
Lil Nicky's Mom

How about a nice wooden train set and a train table? Or if you have a big
backyard and planning to spend a considerable amount on the present, get him
a Little Tikes 8-in-1 climber. It would be nice to have your boy spend most
of his summer outside, that way, he won't be making a mess inside the house.
Just a suggestion.
Bessie

om...

Old June 24th 04, 01:09 PM
Sue

Legos, trains, match box cars and accessories, books. Tha's all I can think
of right now.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

om...

Old June 24th 04, 01:12 PM
Mary W.

Nan wrote:

On 23 Jun 2004 22:00:36 -0700, (Irene) snuck out
of the ether to utter:

What am I missing? Just about the only thing I can think of is a
taller basketball hoop. Or, more vehicles - but that's just more of
the same, as far as I'm concerned. Or books & videos.

Any ideas?

A water sprinkler to run in outside?

DD got a blue's clues sprinkler when she turned 1, from my brother.
She loves the darn thing (she's now 3) except she wont let us use
it as a sprinkler - its one of her 'babies'. Currently wearing a bib
and sleeping under a receiving blanket. But a very good suggestion!

When my dd turned 3 we bought her a My First LeapPad.
Brilliant toy, as you can add the books for gifts at christmas and
other birthdays.

Emma really likes her leappad too. And for computer software,
she likes the Dora the Explorer games.

To Irene: We got Emma a tricycle but you said Tom has one.
Do you have a wagon? We bought one of those a few
months ago and she really likes it for going to the park.
Other hits for her this year: One of those tracing things
(her's is Dora, but crayola makes one too, it has a light
and you put a sheet with a design on it covered with
blank paper, the light shines through and they can trace).
She's on a Dora kick so anything Dora was a hit.

She's really into board games, Candyland and Hi Ho
Cherry'os. She's been getting alot of milage from
a memory game we got from Hearthsong (fabulous
catalog - you could peruse there and see tons of
things you like).

Oh, and the other thing she really liked was from Lego

http://tinyurl.com/yt22l

She loves this!

Have fun...

Mary

Old June 24th 04, 01:33 PM
Kim E.

The store.babycenter.com site categorizes toys by age and type, and has
best selling toy lists by age and type. You can just get ideas from
there, but I have bought stuff there that I couldn't find in the regular
stores. I just bought my 3 yr old cousin a tape recorder that has a
microphone and a voice warp feature and he seems to like it! You can
try this link, but it may not work as i had to sign in (to my free
account) to get to this page

http://store.babycenter.com/bestsell...requestid=6932

-kim
Old June 24th 04, 02:51 PM
Sophie

[...]

Train, trains, and more trains for my sons.

Old June 24th 04, 02:58 PM
LFortier

What am I missing? Just about the only thing I can think of is a
taller basketball hoop. Or, more vehicles - but that's just more of
the same, as far as I'm concerned. Or books & videos.

Books, books, books. Art supplies (at that age, mainly
crayons or paint with water probably.)

I have no problem with clothes for a birthday present -
point the relatives to a gap in his wardrobe and the
appropriate size. Or some buying ahead for Fall.

Lesley

Old June 24th 04, 03:19 PM
Irene

"Lil Nicky's Mom" wrote in message news:EBtCc.830808$Pk3.808150@pd7tw1no...
How about a nice wooden train set and a train table?

That was included in the "vehicles" category that he already has. ;-)
Well, not the table - we have a big rug in the basement which is the
area for layouts.

Or if you have a big
backyard and planning to spend a considerable amount on the present, get him
a Little Tikes 8-in-1 climber. It would be nice to have your boy spend most
of his summer outside, that way, he won't be making a mess inside the house.

A swingset/climbing set is definitely something I'd like to get him,
if it were in the budget. :-( We almost got one as part of a deal
with a client, but it seems to have fallen through...But if enough
people pay us before his birthday, maybe we'll go for it! g

Just a suggestion.

Thanks!

Bessie

om...