Confused!!

Old August 21st 03, 05:03 PM
Kari

Default Confused!!

Join the club I am so confused about my dates that I have no idea when to
expect this baby. I know my LMP was Jan 3rd but according to the ultrasound,
tests, etc I conceived 3 days later. I got a positive reading 10 days before
my period was due and actually a very faint line 3 days before that.
So....anything can happen I guess. I just ovulated way early that month I
think but still I get confused about how that is possible since Im totally
regular every single month (to the day)

And if that isn't confusing enough..with my daughter my LMP was March 1st.
My dh was away until April 1st and that is the day I conceived her. Talk
about arguing with my ob about when I got pregnant!! They tried telling me
there was NO way I could have ovulated an entire month after my LMP but
guess what...I did.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (7) Noah (4) and #3 due in 6 weeks.

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
nk.net...
Okay, based on an April 4th edd, conception would have occurred on July
12th. How is it possible that it was that late when my last monthly cycle
(I'm almost positive) was around the 15th or so?

I test negative on the 21st and positive on the 28th. Is it possible to
get a positive reading only 14 or so days after conception. Doesn't it

look
a bit off to you?

Carol Ann

Old August 21st 03, 05:37 PM
The Huwe Family

I can add to that type of story. . . I was going to a fertility doc when I
got pregnant. I KNOW the exact date that I was inseminated. Sperm live up
to 3 days in your uterus. So I calculated from that point, adding the 2
weeks most docs expect you to add for the date of your last period. And my
doc calculated a week after I did. I say my edd is around Nov 2, he says
Nov 11. All of my u/s up until this point shows that the babies are growing
at a rate which follows my calculations. (Surprising my doc with how "well"
they are doing) Not that any of this matters considering they don't let
triplets go full term. :-)

Gayle
news

Old August 21st 03, 05:38 PM
Dagny

Do you mean ovulation was on the 15th?

I had an LH surge detected on January 14. My breasts swelled up January 25
so I bought a First Response Early Result? test and pulled a positive. I
popped over to the obstetrician for an hcg level on January 27, and it was
88, and did a nice rise to 301 in 48 hours.

So yes, it is possible to test positive on a home pregnancy test well before
14 days after conception. It depends on when implantation occurs. I think
I remember learning that implantation occurs about 8-10 days after
fertilization. Then hcg production begins. First Response ER tests are
rediculously sensitive and can find hcg levels in urine very, very early.

Don't worry about when the doctor says your baby was conceived or is due,
unless you think it's horribly off. I calculated October 7 as my due date,
the doctor says October 6, which matches with my LMP, what do I care. Oct 6
sounds good to me. Primips like us have an average gestation of over 41
weeks anyway. The main reason to worry is if the doctor thinks the baby is
further along than he or she really is; the problem with that is that
doctors can start to flip out when you go to 41 or 42 weeks depending on the
doctor, and start talking about induction, and you will end up going into
the office all the time to check the baby's condition. So if you think you
have another three days, make some notations in your calendar and worry
about it if your doctor wants to induce you before you are willing to be
induced.

-- Dagny

Old August 21st 03, 05:49 PM
Dagny

"The Huwe Family" wrote in message
y.com...
I can add to that type of story. . . I was going to a fertility doc when I
got pregnant. I KNOW the exact date that I was inseminated. Sperm live

up
to 3 days in your uterus. So I calculated from that point, adding the 2
weeks most docs expect you to add for the date of your last period. And

my
doc calculated a week after I did. I say my edd is around Nov 2, he says
Nov 11. All of my u/s up until this point shows that the babies are

growing
at a rate which follows my calculations. (Surprising my doc with how

"well"
they are doing) Not that any of this matters considering they don't let
triplets go full term. :-)

Isn't it more like the triplets (or the mother) refuse to go full term? :-)

Old August 21st 03, 05:58 PM
Nina

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
nk.net...
Okay, based on an April 4th edd, conception would have occurred on July
12th. How is it possible that it was that late when my last monthly cycle
(I'm almost positive) was around the 15th or so?

I test negative on the 21st and positive on the 28th. Is it possible to
get a positive reading only 14 or so days after conception. Doesn't it

look
a bit off to you?

To the 2nd questiom, yes it is possible. I knew within 10 days or so.

Old August 21st 03, 06:05 PM
Em

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Okay, based on an April 4th edd, conception would have occurred on July
12th. How is it possible that it was that late when my last monthly cycle
(I'm almost positive) was around the 15th or so?

I test negative on the 21st and positive on the 28th. Is it possible to
get a positive reading only 14 or so days after conception. Doesn't it

look
a bit off to you?

A lot of women get positive results on the day they expect their period,
which in a "traditional" 28 day cycle, would be 14 days after conception.
Plenty of others don't get positives until 18 or so days after conception
though. Have you always had longer than 28 day cycles?

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old August 21st 03, 06:06 PM
Carol Ann

::: Okay, based on an April 4th edd, conception would have occurred on
::: July 12th. How is it possible that it was that late when my last
::: monthly cycle (I'm almost positive) was around the 15th or so?
::
:: Oh! Does this mean we share an EDD now?? FWIW, I am 100% positive
:: that we conceived on July 12 and the first day of my last period was
:: June 29. Of course our cycles are all different.
:: --
:: JennP.
:: mom to matthew 10/11/00
:: EDD 4/4/04

The lady who did my u/s said April 5th. But I'm shooting for April 4th.
So, that's the date I will give birth!! LOL!

Who knows though, I guess based on what I'm reading it could be give or take
a couple weeks.

Totally confused, but at approximately 8 weeks along and happy....

Now, if I could get Kevin to stop making my life a living hell....

ARGH!!

Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Challenges!
www.bestinatlanta.com ~ Your City Guide to Metro Atlanta!

Old August 21st 03, 06:07 PM
Carol Ann

:: "Carol Ann" wrote in message
::: Okay, based on an April 4th edd, conception would have occurred on
::: July 12th. How is it possible that it was that late when my last
::: monthly cycle (I'm almost positive) was around the 15th or so?
:::
::: I test negative on the 21st and positive on the 28th. Is it
::: possible to get a positive reading only 14 or so days after
::: conception. Doesn't it look a bit off to you?
::
:: A lot of women get positive results on the day they expect their
:: period, which in a "traditional" 28 day cycle, would be 14 days
:: after conception. Plenty of others don't get positives until 18 or
:: so days after conception though. Have you always had longer than 28
:: day cycles?
::
:: --
:: Em
:: edd 9/23/03

Since not taking the pill, my cycles were around 30 - 31 days.

Old August 21st 03, 06:54 PM
Em

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Em wrote:
:: A lot of women get positive results on the day they expect their
:: period, which in a "traditional" 28 day cycle, would be 14 days
:: after conception. Plenty of others don't get positives until 18 or
:: so days after conception though. Have you always had longer than 28
:: day cycles?

Since not taking the pill, my cycles were around 30 - 31 days.

Hmm. I can see why the dates seem a little off to you then. It is also
possible that you did conceive earlier and are a few days more pregnant than
the ultrasound said you were--they are pretty accurate early on, but still
have +/- four days variability I believe. If you have any other ultrasounds
it will be interesting to see if they indicate an earlier edd. I think I
mentioned to you before that my 7 week ultrasound put me at 7 weeks exactly,
when according to my LMP I would have been 7w4d. The doctor wasn't worried
about that small of a discrepancy, but she did base my due date on the
ultrasound's dates, not my LMP (my perception of when I likely conceived was
also in accordance with the ultrasound's dates). Anyway, when I had another
ultrasound at 21 weeks, the baby measured on target with the LMP instead.
They didn't change my due date, because again it was only a few days, but if
they had it would have bumped my edd up four days. So, your baby could be
measuring "ahead" according to a later ultrasound and that might be more
consistent with a different O date than your first ultrasound would
indicate.

I guess that's why it is the "estimated" date :-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

I need a bit of Help... Joni General 59 May 5th 04 08:24 PM
How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)? [email protected] General 7 May 4th 04 05:48 AM
A little confused -- this flu thing??? dejablues General 251 December 29th 03 08:54 PM
Calendars (was A little confused -- this flu thing???) Colleen Porter General 2 December 20th 03 11:34 PM
confused one M&M Pregnancy 14 July 9th 03 10:31 PM