38+ weeks ob/gyn appointment

Old September 26th 03, 11:58 AM
Elly

Default 38+ weeks ob/gyn appointment

Well, I guess no news is good news, lol ;-)

Blood pressure = 120/60
Urine = leucocytes were positive on the urinanalysis stick, so I had the
full urine analysis done - everything fine; ob/gyn said it is common for
leucocytes to show up slightly above the normal level at the end of the
pregnancy so not to worry but to just add more fluid to my daily intake (and
I already drank half of the recommended daily intake of 3 litres of fluid
today!);
Weight: 2 lbs in the last week - I had no weight gain in the last 2 weeks,
which puts me at 2 lbs in 3 weeks altogether, and at 33 lbs altogether.
Ob/gyn made no comment, probably because of the swelling.
Swelling: yes - fingers slightly, feet and legs felt a bit heavy yesterday;
again, she is not worried - there was no protein in the urine and the bp is
fine.
Fundal height: rib cage - she said in her practice the first child drops a
little late - but as I have 11 days to go until the EDD, it's nothing to
worry about.
Cervix: effaced 25% (it's been this way since September 4th), no dilation;
she mentioned (as a pre-warning) I might go past my due date since cervix is
still fully closed, but that plenty of first-time moms go past their due
date and not to be worried - on the other hand, she said, I might start
dilating tomorrow, and that's normal too. I'm just at that -2 weeks/+2 weeks
stage where you never know, I guess ;-)
Baby's head is down, and on its way to be engaged (basically the internal
exam's results were the same as at my last appointment a week ago).
CTG: baby's heart rate normal, no contractions.
Next ob/gyn appointment: October 2nd.
Otherwise, I'm fine. Things are still going smoothly. Tonight I'm planning
on more baby names vetoing, we have some guests over the weekend, and I feel
calm and relaxed.

Happy pregnancy/parenting everyone,
Elly
38 weeks + 4 days
EDD October 6th

Old September 28th 03, 04:33 PM
Em

"Elly" wrote in message
Well, I guess no news is good news, lol ;-)

Blood pressure = 120/60
Urine = leucocytes were positive on the urinanalysis stick, so I had the
full urine analysis done - everything fine; ob/gyn said it is common for
leucocytes to show up slightly above the normal level at the end of the
pregnancy so not to worry but to just add more fluid to my daily intake

(and
I already drank half of the recommended daily intake of 3 litres of fluid
today!);

I think I may have mentioned it here before, but I had a trace of leukocytes
on every urinanalysis stick I had during my pregnancy (with the exception of
two). Weird. We never did any further analysis though, because I had no
other symptoms of infection (though I know you can have "silent" ones) and
it seems to just be how my body was doing things!

Weight: 2 lbs in the last week - I had no weight gain in the last 2 weeks,
which puts me at 2 lbs in 3 weeks altogether, and at 33 lbs altogether.
Ob/gyn made no comment, probably because of the swelling.
Swelling: yes - fingers slightly, feet and legs felt a bit heavy

yesterday;
again, she is not worried - there was no protein in the urine and the bp

is
fine.
Fundal height: rib cage - she said in her practice the first child drops a
little late - but as I have 11 days to go until the EDD, it's nothing to
worry about.

I never noticed any dramatic drop of the baby and the doctor never said
anything to me about his dropping or not--so, I'm not sure when he did!

[...]

Sounds like things are going great (even though no new developments really)!
How is the name veto process coming? It is getting really close to the big
day!

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03