Potty training........

Old September 18th 03, 04:42 PM
Tanya Makins

Default Potty training........

Hi,

Me again, just wanted to know what the situation is with training twins,
does this also come a little later as with the talking etc..? With my older
boy, I waited till I thought he was ready, just over 2years, within a week
he was completely dry, no wet clothes or beds, it was so easy and I'd like
to do the same with the twins but will I have to wait longer or does this
come roughly at the same time as a singleton??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Molly came to me today and said
Poo!! and grabbed her bottom!! They're 20 months now - was this just a
fluke??

Tanya

Old September 18th 03, 05:04 PM
Truffles

Tanya Makins wrote:
Hi,

Me again, just wanted to know what the situation is with training twins,
does this also come a little later as with the talking etc..? With my older
boy, I waited till I thought he was ready, just over 2years, within a week
he was completely dry, no wet clothes or beds, it was so easy and I'd like
to do the same with the twins but will I have to wait longer or does this
come roughly at the same time as a singleton??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Molly came to me today and said
Poo!! and grabbed her bottom!! They're 20 months now - was this just a
fluke??

I don't think it's a fluke. Mine are 23 months old and I just bought
them potties. I'm not actively teaching them but they think it's great
fun to sit on their potties' while I sit on mine. I'm taking the slow
and gentle approach.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old September 18th 03, 09:03 PM
H Schinske

Jim ) wrote:

I've got a question...Are things normally delayed with twins?

On average, yes. It's impossible to say with certainty whether any particular
child's speech development was affected by being a twin, in the absence of
obvious problems due to prematurity, but the likelihood is that some are and
some aren't.

Mine are 20 months old, and have been talking up a storm for months. They
both can say their alphabet, count to 20, and more.

It is quite unusual to be talking so much and so well at this age. I am pretty
familiar with the milestones for age 2 years, as that was when I was concerned
about my son's speech development (he's my singleton, by the way!), and at that
age it is considered normal to have about 50 words and to be starting to use
2-word sentences. But this is a *milestone* not an *average*, meaning that a
fairly large percentage of children (well over 50%, probably more like 85-90%,
though I don't know for sure) should be able to do this. (It's not necessarily
a problem if they can't yet, either -- my son turned out not to need any
intervention, but I was glad I'd had him formally assessed.)

I would write down some of the things they say and date them -- you may need
that information later, and want to be sure you weren't confused about the
dates! It's fun to have, anyway.

--Helen

Old September 18th 03, 10:24 PM
shirley

Chris and Kathleen crawled and walked very early - both walking by 8.5
months, Chris didn't talk until 2.5 Kathleen late 1 early 2, potty trained
at 3 years 3 months and in one week - their idea (my blessing). I think
twins run all over for everything just like all kids.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

"H Schinske" wrote in message

Me again, just wanted to know what the situation is with training twins,
does this also come a little later as with the talking etc..?

The individual variation is huge. They might train early-ish, like your

son, or
they might not. Just follow their cues, that's all you can do.

My singleton actually trained later than my twins, but all three were very

much
on the late side.

--Helen

Old September 18th 03, 11:41 PM
Julie Seely

Jim --

It sounds like you have extraordinarily -- and I do mean extraordinarily
-- precocious kids. Sounds like they'll keep you on your toes!

Do you listen to a lot of Moody Blues? "Something calls to me" is a
line from "Tuesday Afternoon".

Julie
Mom to Erica & Chris, 07/97

Jim Wehner wrote:

Tanya Makins wrote:
Hi,

Me again, just wanted to know what the situation is with training twins,
does this also come a little later as with the talking etc..?

I've got a question...Are things normally delayed with twins?

Mine are 20 months old, and have been talking up a storm for months. They
both can say their alphabet, count to 20, and more. Last night, when
we were getting them ready for bed, Adam just started spontaneously saying
his prayers, "God Bless Nana, God Bless Baba, God bless Babci, God Bless
all aunts uncles cousings...including Max." When I sing songs to them,
they usually fill in a couple words for each line I sing and, this
morning,when they were sitting in their high chairs awaiting breakfast,
Adam (who seems to do stuff like this more than Rebecca) started singing,
"Soooomethiiing calls to meeeeee." (the 2nd verse of what song? anyone?)

These types of things go on all the time. I'm not bragging... I'm just
excited! Is it unusual for them to be talking so much at this age?? I
was actually thinking that maybe *because* they are twins, they may do
things earlier than "singletons."

As far as potty training goes, for at least the last month or two, Adam
has been saying "poopie" when he goes in his diaper. Yesterday Adam and
Rebecca peed on the potty for the first time. It's very cool that they
both had their first one on the same day. I think Adam was a little
freaked out by the situation though. He didn't cry, but he looked stunned
& this morning, he didn't want to have anything to do with the potty.

Jim
Proud papa of Adam & Rebecca (1/3/02)

Old September 19th 03, 08:01 PM
Jim Wehner

Frisbee? MCNGP wrote:

Justin Hayward also (I believe) sang one of my all-time favorite songs:
Forever Autumn, although I don't sing that one to anyone :-)

He sure did! Great song, too!!
Jim