August 2005 Where's Everyone At (Pregnancy Version)

Old August 1st 05, 04:03 AM
SuperEeyore

Default August 2005 Where's Everyone At (Pregnancy Version)

Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
differently?

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would it be?

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?

Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Laurel
--
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02
Old August 1st 05, 04:33 AM
arachne

How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

29 weeks. flying along. hoping i'll get to term (see below).

Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are
you the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

yep. love it.

Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still
fit? Or if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the
gut feeling?

i am not swelling at all. last midwife appt, she commented that i can still
zip up my boots. but it is winter over here, so nice & cool. it seems it's
all in the belly this time too. haven't put on any weight anywhere else, but
i have a gigantic belly.

Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

not a belly sleeper. but if i even lean a little on my bump i get wild
protests from inside!

Are you craving anything?

soft drink. but it's a no-go at the moment.

Do you have or had morning sickness?

finished in the first trimester, thankfully.

Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
differently?

DS is totally into the pregnancy & can't wait to meet bubba. DH will be into
it when the little one arrives.

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would it be?

this is my 7th pregnancy with only DS so far to show for them. so hospital
is betting on preterm labour again. DS was 36 weeks. i've had 3 big,
can't-talk-through contractions so far on different days. midwife said as
long as they are not regular then i won't be about to deliver. well, yeah.
so hopefully bub will cook until 23rd september when i will be 37 weeks.
other than that, i have heaps of energy & feel great!

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

the movement

Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

some are. i hate it.

What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?

seems to be getting a little cramped in there. i can feel when bub turns
completely around from head down to head up. very weird to feel & watch.

Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

ultrasound wasn't conclusive, so it's surpriseberry.

Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

not yet, but i have plenty of energy.

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

it's much easier & better than the pregnancy with DS. so i am very thankful.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 29 weeks)

"I always find that statistics are hard to swallow and impossible to digest.
The only one I can ever remember is that if all the people who go to sleep
in church were laid end to end they would be a lot more comfortable." --
Mrs. Robert A. Taft

Old August 1st 05, 02:09 PM
Dave Leason

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would it be?

To have not been sick all the way through!!!

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Seeing how DD reacts to my ever changing body and her ideas of being a big
sister

Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Yes people try to, but i dont like strangers doing it so I usually stop them

What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?

I think it feels funny when baby moves

Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Blueberry!

Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Nope, donthave the time to nest LOL

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Yeah

Kellie (37+3 weeks pregnant)
Mum to Ella-Jai 30-10-2001
EDD to baby Boy 19th August 2005

Old August 1st 05, 02:22 PM
Amy

SuperEeyore wrote:
Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
differently?

DH has been very, very sweet and understanding, and has spent most of
his waking hours rubbing my poor, sore feet, God love him. The cat is
ENTIRELY too interested in me (I can only attribute it to the fact that
I must smell like milk, because she's leaving my husband alone!). She
woke me up this morning by walking on the belly. As SuperNanny would
say - unasseptuble!

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would it be?

High blood pressure.

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Feeling the baby move.

Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

That's only happened twice with strangers, thank God. I don't care
when people I know do it.

What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?

I think the baby's ribs are in my ribs! The recent vaginal pain, since
the baby dropped, has been pretty strange. Didn't expect that...

Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Surprise, but I think it's a girl.

Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Just trying to keep the house clean and get the nursery ready.

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Not in my wildest dreams.

Amy
Laurel
--
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02

Old August 1st 05, 02:31 PM
V.

SuperEeyore wrote:
Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
differently?

DH has recently calling me "you'se guys", which I think is funny. Pets
are just weird in general, so no change there.

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would it be?

Feel less heavy and sore.

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Baby moving...how cool is that?

Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Yep, although I've set limits with coworkers. Strangers still do it,
and the kids I work with do it, but I'm coping.

What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?

Still too early to feel specific body parts, but sometimes it feels
like she's flipping over and my whole belly moves up and down.

Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Strawberry!

Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Let's see, I've re-wallpapered the baby's room, emptied out her closet
and the bureau, sorted through the hand-me-downs by size... Yeah, I'm
nesting.

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

I expected it to feel shorter. I honestly feel like I've been pregnant
for a year, and I'm only 5 months. I'm hoping the last trimester goes
faster now that I look pregnant and can really start doing baby related
things (shopping, etc) that you just don't do at the beginning.

Amy V.
EDD 11/25/05

Laurel
--
birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02

Old August 1st 05, 06:36 PM

SuperEeyore wrote:
Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
differently?

I am a whopping 4 weeks along, so no noticeable changes yet. We have a
DS (4 /12) and DD (1 (1/2) and I'm wondering how to keep it from DS for
a month or (preferably) two. It's easy enough for us not to tell him,
but once our friends and family know, I'm concerned that he'll overhear
someone talking about it. Having had 2 m/c's in the past, I'd rather
not have him get his hopes up and then have something go wrong. Of
course the obvious solution is not to tell family & friends, but the
cat's out of the bag as soon as they see me decline my much-loved
evening glass of wine.

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would it be?

No real symptoms yet, but I think the exhaustion is starting to kick
in. Though w/2 small kids and working outside of the home full-time,
that might just be my usual garden-variety exhaustion.

I had really bad morning sickness (all-day sickness) with both #1 and
#2 so I'm sort of hoping that I don't have it so bad this time. On the
other hand, if I don't, I know I probably won't be able to enjoy
because I'll think that the lack of nausea indicates something wrong.

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Seeing that 2nd line on the HPT. I've been wanting to be pregnant ever
since DD was a few months old, and finally I am.

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

As this is baby #3, I've been through it before, but knowing that this
is the last one makes this feel different.

Lila
EDD 04/09/06