Calling all ultrasound experts

Old March 15th 06, 06:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Calling all ultrasound experts

Maybe some of you can help me here.

I cannot remember what was in a couple of the pics that they gave me the
other day. Also, if you can confirm what I believe some of the other
pics are (or if I am missing something) that would be nice. :-)

http://www.dennylane.com/baby2.html

Old March 15th 06, 06:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Gosh, all I can say is I'm glad the ultrasound tech labeled everything
on the pictures for me. I have no idea what the ? pictures might be.

Cristi :]

Old March 15th 06, 06:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

LietoFine wrote:

Gosh, all I can say is I'm glad the ultrasound tech labeled everything
on the pictures for me. I have no idea what the ? pictures might be.

Cristi :]

I know, and the one she did put "leg" (pic top right) is obviously the
head & body. I also may be wrong on the one I labeled "Face, Arm & Hand"
Old March 15th 06, 06:51 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Denise~*" wrote in message

Maybe some of you can help me here.

I cannot remember what was in a couple of the pics that they gave me the
other day. Also, if you can confirm what I believe some of the other
pics are (or if I am missing something) that would be nice. :-)

http://www.dennylane.com/baby2.html

Oh my... I'm horrible with ultrasound pictures... I usually can't make out
ANYTHING in them, even when it's pointed out to me, I often still have
issues seeing anything but blobs!

To me, the first ? (I believe second image) looks like baby's head facing
down at the top right corner, a torso and one arm pointing down with legs
that look almost like frog legs... Almost looks like baby's cord right
between the legs.

Second ? (5th image?) looks like I don't even know... My guess is that it
looks like bent legs or something. I really can't even take a guess
Kind of looks similar to the one above it of "Body & Legs" but not as clear
of an image...

Old March 15th 06, 07:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

The second picture is a profile of the baby's face and neck and then an arm
hanging down. I'm really not sure what the fifth picture is, except that
there is a bent leg in that picture. As far as the ahem picture, it's hard
to say. It is labeled boy, so I guess that would be the ultrasound techs
guess.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old March 15th 06, 07:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Sue wrote:
The second picture is a profile of the baby's face and neck and then an arm
hanging down. I'm really not sure what the fifth picture is, except that
there is a bent leg in that picture. As far as the ahem picture, it's hard
to say. It is labeled boy, so I guess that would be the ultrasound techs
guess.

hehe, I know it's a boy. "Ahem" is my reference to his, well, you know.
It's kinda a little round blob right below the bent legs.
Old March 15th 06, 08:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

xkatx wrote:
"Denise~*" wrote in message

[...]

The 5th image (second "?") looks to me like the face in profile and an arm
in a bent position -- you can see the elbow. The other arms looks like it
could be up as well, behind the head. I think that's what the 2nd image
(first "?")is as well -- face in profile and bent arm -- hence the
songorapher's "arm" notation. For me, if I look at the 5th image first, and
get it settled in my head, then look at the other one, it makes more sense.

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old March 15th 06, 10:01 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Jamie Clark wrote:

The 5th image (second "?") looks to me like the face in profile and an arm
in a bent position -- you can see the elbow. The other arms looks like it
could be up as well, behind the head. I think that's what the 2nd image
(first "?")is as well -- face in profile and bent arm -- hence the
songorapher's "arm" notation. For me, if I look at the 5th image first, and
get it settled in my head, then look at the other one, it makes more sense.

Ahh, I remember now. The baby was putting his hand "under his chin" I
totally forgot about that. That's it! Thanks!

Boy, you have good eyes!
Old March 15th 06, 11:20 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Denise~* wrote:
Jamie Clark wrote:

The 5th image (second "?") looks to me like the face in profile and
an arm in a bent position -- you can see the elbow. The other arms
looks like it could be up as well, behind the head. I think that's
what the 2nd image (first "?")is as well -- face in profile and bent
arm -- hence the songorapher's "arm" notation. For me, if I look at
the 5th image first, and get it settled in my head, then look at the
other one, it makes more sense.

Ahh, I remember now. The baby was putting his hand "under his chin" I
totally forgot about that. That's it! Thanks!

Boy, you have good eyes!

(in best Elvis voice...)

Thank you, thank you very much!

Old March 16th 06, 03:29 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

6:
scanned in upside down. =) Got the boy shot, eh? =)
congratulations...

That image was obtained transvaginally. People often invert
transvaginal images vertically because they usually make more sense
that way, especially when the baby is in a breech presentation as this
one is.

Your titles on the images appear correct as far as I can tell.

The image on the upper left shows a lot of the placenta as well as the
head and body. The image is labelled "leg" but that's just because the
sonographer forgot to erase the annotation from a previous picture.