Good appointment yesterday

Old September 25th 05, 05:40 AM
Joybelle

Default Good appointment yesterday

I've been wanting to post, but my server has been down the last day and a
half!!

Yesterday, we went to see the perinatologist. Saw a different one again. I
was all geared up to refuse an induction, but it wasn't even brought up!!
This guy was cool. You could tell he was more evidence-based. At least, I
thought so! He kept giving out numbers, statistics and studies rather than
saying this is how we're going to do it. He mentioned coming back next week
for a BPP and ob visit, and I asked him if he thought I needed to continue
doing NSTs on Monday or Tuesday. He said he wouldn't have had me doing them
in the first place. I felt they were unnecessary myself, but I did them for
a variety of reasons. But I'm not going to bother this week, that is for
sure!

So, I have another week. I'll be 40 weeks on Thursday and have an
appointment on Friday. It's possible that appointment will be with a
different type of doctor, but I'm so pleased I won't be having an induction
this week. And I'm extremely relieved I didn't have to decline one at this
point! I just felt very anxious about the idea of having to refuse one.

Now, I just have tons of Things To Do.

Thanks for all the help and support. I appreciate it VERY much!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept/Oct 2005

Old September 25th 05, 07:39 AM
Andrea S

"Joybelle" wrote in message ...

[...]

I am so glad things are working out for you.. you sound very positive.

Andrea mom of 5 only 20 days left.

Old September 25th 05, 05:26 PM
Emily

It sounds like things are going well. I'm glad you found another
peri that you like in the group, and that the induction question
didn't come up. Did you get to talk to him about your concerns about
vaginal birth v. c-section?

--
Emily
DS1 5/02
Old September 25th 05, 05:43 PM
Emily

Joybelle wrote:
Hi, Emily,
I feel like I'm going through an interview process sometimes. I know which
ones I like now, anyway. I still have about 10 more to meet, though!

Somehow I doubt you'll have time to sqeeuze in 10 more appointments.
Are they going to make you come back after the baby's born just to
finish off? ;-)

Basically, regarding the v-birth v. c-section, he agreed it shouldn't be a
problem and cited the same reasons the other four did. Of course, there was
a question I didn't ask that I wanted to address and that was about if the
Arnold-chiari Malformation would be a factor. I think I'm going to have
fears either way, but I do feel if so many doctors are telling me it is okay
to have the baby vaginally then I just need to let it go. And tell my mom
and sister to quit sharing their fears with me...

Indeed --- your mom and sister should back off! It sounds like you're
working from good information, and I hope you get the best possible
outcome. I also hope that if you get less than the best possible
outcome, you don't blame it on your choices.

--
Emily
DS1 5/02

Old September 25th 05, 08:15 PM
Joybelle

"Andrea S" wrote in message

I am so glad things are working out for you.. you sound very positive.

Thank you, Andrea! I do feel more positive. I just can't believe sometimes
how many things that look like they are going to go wrong just get better.
I'm so thankful for that.
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept/Oct 2005

Old September 25th 05, 08:31 PM
Joybelle

"Emily" wrote in message
Joybelle wrote:
Hi, Emily,
I feel like I'm going through an interview process sometimes. I know

which
ones I like now, anyway. I still have about 10 more to meet, though!

Somehow I doubt you'll have time to sqeeuze in 10 more appointments.
Are they going to make you come back after the baby's born just to
finish off? ;-)

You NEED to keep coming here until you've seen ALL of us.

Basically, regarding the v-birth v. c-section, he agreed it shouldn't be

problem and cited the same reasons the other four did. Of course, there

was
a question I didn't ask that I wanted to address and that was about if

the
Arnold-chiari Malformation would be a factor. I think I'm going to have
fears either way, but I do feel if so many doctors are telling me it is

okay
to have the baby vaginally then I just need to let it go. And tell my

mom
and sister to quit sharing their fears with me...

Indeed --- your mom and sister should back off! It sounds like you're
working from good information, and I hope you get the best possible
outcome. I also hope that if you get less than the best possible
outcome, you don't blame it on your choices.

I understand they are worried, and they certainly are getting a lot of
stories from other sources, but it doesn't help that's for sure.

Sadly, I think if the outcome is poor I'll probably go through some of that.
Even knowing I did things "right" at the beginning of this pregnancy I still
have moments where I'm wondering what I did wrong. I do feel confident with
the choices we've made so far, though, and I guess I'll have to google
myself or something to remind myself of that. When I was facing
c-section before or an induction this week, it just felt Wrong. I felt
tense, had a huge pit in my stomach, and didn't feel right with those
decisions at that time. I still feel like I could choose a c-section (or
even an induction for that matter), and I will if I feel strongly enough
about it.

Thanks for you encouragement, Emily!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept/Oct 2005

Old September 25th 05, 10:50 PM
Mum of Two

That's great news Joy!

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old September 26th 05, 05:02 AM
sharalyns

Glad it went so well! That is fabulous news. :-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old September 26th 05, 06:59 PM
Joybelle

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
That's great news Joy!

Thank you, Amy! It was kinda funny to be so geared up to tell the doctor
I'm not doing the induction this week (eeps that would be TOMORROW!) and
feeling like I was going to have to defend my position, and it was such a
non-issue. I left feeling a bit giddy. LOL

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01