Back at work - Thanks for the help

Old January 7th 04, 02:29 PM
Ellie

Default Back at work - Thanks for the help

Hi Everyone

Well I'm nearly finished my first run of shifts back at work. (I work as a
registered nurse doing 6 nights on then 8 nights off) and I am proud to say
that despite all my fears I have managed to pump enough to keep my beautiful
twins on breastmilk and not supplement with formula. I nurse them to sleep
before I go then I've been pumping around 17 oz each night and that's been
enough for DH to give them until I can get back and nurse in the morning.

So thank you to everyone who gave me the help and support in the days when I
was still panicking and everyone (but my ever supportive DH) was telling me
I couldn't possibly manage to pump for 2

Ellie )))

proud mummy to 13 week old b/g twins

Old January 7th 04, 02:55 PM
Em

"Ellie" wrote in message
Well I'm nearly finished my first run of shifts back at work. (I work as

registered nurse doing 6 nights on then 8 nights off) and I am proud to

say
that despite all my fears I have managed to pump enough to keep my

beautiful
twins on breastmilk and not supplement with formula. I nurse them to sleep
before I go then I've been pumping around 17 oz each night and that's been
enough for DH to give them until I can get back and nurse in the morning.

So thank you to everyone who gave me the help and support in the days when

was still panicking and everyone (but my ever supportive DH) was telling

me
I couldn't possibly manage to pump for 2

That is so great! Keep up the good work--you should be really proud!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 3.5 months

Old January 7th 04, 03:32 PM
Linz

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:29:37 -0000, "Ellie"
wrote:

Hi Everyone

Well I'm nearly finished my first run of shifts back at work. (I work as a
registered nurse doing 6 nights on then 8 nights off) and I am proud to say
that despite all my fears I have managed to pump enough to keep my beautiful
twins on breastmilk and not supplement with formula. I nurse them to sleep
before I go then I've been pumping around 17 oz each night and that's been
enough for DH to give them until I can get back and nurse in the morning.

Wow! Well done!
--
Linz
YB: 11 weeks, around 13lbs
Old January 7th 04, 05:16 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Ellie wrote:

So thank you to everyone who gave me the help and support in the days when I
was still panicking and everyone (but my ever supportive DH) was telling me
I couldn't possibly manage to pump for 2

Wonderful!!!! :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 7th 04, 05:17 PM
Ducky Lawyer

DeliciousTruffles wrote:

Ellie wrote:

So thank you to everyone who gave me the help and support in the days
when I
was still panicking and everyone (but my ever supportive DH) was
telling me
I couldn't possibly manage to pump for 2

Wonderful!!!! :-)

Ellie,
I'm so glad to hear that things are going well with your pumping/working
routine. I've BTDT, and I know it can be very challenging, especially
when people don't seem to believe that you can Bf two, let alone pump
for 2. You can, and now, you do! :-)
Cheers,

Barbara

Old January 8th 04, 05:23 AM
Irrational Number

That is awesome!

-- Anita --

Ellie wrote:
Hi Everyone

Well I'm nearly finished my first run of shifts back at work. (I work as a
registered nurse doing 6 nights on then 8 nights off) and I am proud to say
that despite all my fears I have managed to pump enough to keep my beautiful
twins on breastmilk and not supplement with formula. I nurse them to sleep
before I go then I've been pumping around 17 oz each night and that's been
enough for DH to give them until I can get back and nurse in the morning.

So thank you to everyone who gave me the help and support in the days when I
was still panicking and everyone (but my ever supportive DH) was telling me
I couldn't possibly manage to pump for 2

Ellie )))

proud mummy to 13 week old b/g twins

--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old January 10th 04, 03:30 PM
Leslie

Good for you! Glad to hear it's going so well.

Leslie
Old January 11th 04, 09:13 AM
Ellie

thanks Leslie

At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
Back to work Ellie Breastfeeding 4 December 15th 03 09:46 PM
going back to work questions Stephanie and Tim Breastfeeding 4 November 8th 03 02:03 PM
Lydia's Birthstory (long) Andrea Pregnancy 29 September 7th 03 07:23 AM