UPDATE (Was: Cruise in the 34th week of pregnancy)

Old August 22nd 03, 09:58 AM
Elly

Default UPDATE (Was: Cruise in the 34th week of pregnancy)

Sadly enough, the cruise booking agent called us back and said that "he was
very, very sorry, but he was mistaken, their policy is no pregnant ladies on
board after week 28".

We did talk to him several times before and he said he thinks the borderline
week was week 36, so we spent 5 days deciding whether to go or not, only to
receive that phone call on the 6th day. Oh well, at least we stopped
debating about that ;-) (we wanted to go, but DH was worried, and I planned
to talk to my ob/gyn on Thursday about it but as we received that phone call
on Wednesday, I cancelled the appt and will go to the regular one on
September 9th).

The cruise booking agent was very apologetic and said he will give us the
same bargain price (around 330 US$ per person, usually it's double) under
the same conditions for August 2004 and of course baby gratis - I hope he
does not find that there is a policy of "no baby under age of X on board"
(our baby will be around 10 months then) by then ;-)

In the meantime we had a nice week in Italian & Slovenian part of Alps (Lago
di Cavazzo, Valley of the River Soca), and plan to go back next week to
Slovenia to Bohinj Lake, or maybe stay on the Adriatic and spend 5 days on
Islands of Krk or Mali Losinj (Croatia).

Can't believe DH's holidays will be over in 10 days - our one month together
is passing by so fast...

Elly
33 weeks + 4 days
EDD October 6th

Old August 22nd 03, 09:05 PM
Em

"Elly" wrote in message
Sadly enough, the cruise booking agent called us back and said that "he

was
very, very sorry, but he was mistaken, their policy is no pregnant ladies

on
board after week 28".

We did talk to him several times before and he said he thinks the

borderline
week was week 36, so we spent 5 days deciding whether to go or not, only

receive that phone call on the 6th day. Oh well, at least we stopped
debating about that ;-)

snip

What a bummer after all your deliberating! At least you didn't arrive with
your bags and get turned away. Most cruises I've ever heard of have the same
28 weeks guideline (sometimes 24), but I thought that your booking agent
would know what he was talking about!

Sounds like you had a nice vacation anyway. Enjoy the last 10 days of
holiday as well!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

35 week update from Tiina Tiina Kartovaara Pregnancy 13 August 22nd 03 12:39 PM
29 week update Linz Pregnancy 3 August 20th 03 01:29 PM
Cruise in 34th week of pregnancy? Elly Pregnancy 14 August 18th 03 09:59 PM
34 Week Update Cindy Camp Pregnancy 1 August 15th 03 08:03 PM
30 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 1 July 11th 03 10:12 PM