Are your children behaving badly?

Old May 12th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
R. Steve Walz

Default Are your children behaving badly?

Rabbit wrote:

Why, we have the largest genitals for our size in the animal kingdom
obviously because we DEMANDED them by doing better with than without
them! We quite literally went on strike against the world for larger
genitals because that is how we succeed, we bond sexually and form
cooeprative tribes.

Now that's just plain bullcrap. Anyone with an ounce of brainpower knows we
didn't demand larger genitals; they were sold to us by spammers on the
Internet.

Rabbit

--------------------
Amusing, but that very existence of spammers who might sell them to
us illustrates our ongoing speciel desire for the same!!! We could
have had ONLY a very simple TINY sperm packet deposition system that
only needed to be activated once per lifetime, like spiders, and it
could have passed the packet to the female with as little apparent
awareness of it as spiders manifest, namely none at all.

But it was obviously quite important to our inherent speciel dynamic
to have large and highly sensory genitals for the purpose of bonding
sexually in a pleasurable manner, and not merely once monogamously
with one other member of the opposite sex, but even to both sexes,
potentially, and to a number of other sex partners as well, and on
an everyday ongoing basis merely FOR ENJOYMENT, since that is the
vastly majority purpose of our sexual experiences!! Why, we would
have needed such a pleasure system even if we had a simple spern-
packet system for reproduction located on other parts of our bodies!

We have large sensitive penises and vaginas because those earlier
humans who had smaller ones were not as happy surviving as we were,
and failed to thrive and breed and succeed as well as we did!! This
can be construed specielly as "going on strike for better ****ing
conditions"!!!
Steve
Old May 12th 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Marten Kemp

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Kane wrote:
On May 8, 9:30 am, "R. Steve Walz" wrote:
h wrote:
"R. Steve Walz" wrote in news:463E7860.15B5
@armory.com:
Any animal which kills defenseless humans in the open should be
eradicated from the earth and otherwise survive only in zoos.
The animal was already in captivity, and the "defenseless" human children
invaded its enclosure and were tormenting it. Sounds like a perfectly
reasonable and foreseeable outcome.
--------------
Oh, I don't give a **** about the croc and the kids, but you don't
kill kids for torturing animals, and you kill animals who attempt to
kill kids. People are simply more valuable than animals.
And if you actually read the whole thread you'd grasp how we got here
from there.
Steve
Don't you support the concept of evolution according to Darwin, Steve?
Looks like a Darwin Award incident to me.
Sure, the kids were stupid, that's what kids are, stupid
It doesn't mean we shouldn't make OUR world safe for kids!
Does that mean we should make the world safe for the stupid?
Face it, both kids and the stupid have almost infinite
cunning when it comes to Darwinizing themselves and trying
to protect them from the world is an exercise in frustration
and futility.
This sort of misunderstanding of Darwin is the root of your kind of
social "Darwinism", and actually it's unrelated to anything he wrote.

{snippage}
Think of it as evolution in action. Every incidence of
self-Darwinization removes a little more stupidity from
the gene pool.
That's just it, that's not the way that Evolution works!

{more snippage}
To the extent that there's a genetic component of
intelligence, someone stupidly removing themselves
from the gene pool increases the average intelligence.

But now, unfortunately for your argument, Evolutionary survival has
a lot more to do with group cooperative functional facility, and not
at all with intelligence or anything any individual does

{snippage}
Yeah, it's not a competition among the members of the
population, but Darwinizing oneself shows a marked
unfitness for the ecological niche.

No, in fact, such sacrificial outliers which mortalize can strongly
benefit a socially mnemonic group by their contribution to group
knowledge, effectively INCREASING group survivability!

{snippage}
"Socially mnemonic group?" What the hell is that?
I think you're saying that the survival prospects of the
group are enhanced by the negative examples of the stupid
removing themselves from the gene pool for the edification
and amusement of the rest. This is true, as is the fact
that the stupid or unthinking don't pay attention to the
negative examples and go on to Darwinize themselves in the
same way.

--
-- Marten Kemp
(Fix name and ISP to reply)

I can't do that, Peter. I have several old texts in my office (bound
with animal skin, and inked with blood), and every time I attempt to
chant any sort of Latin[0] the walls begin to bleed, and my Arrowhead
Mountain Spring Water bottle tells me it's going to kill me with my
flathead screwdriver. -- Stephen S. Edwards II
(from http://home.xnet.com/~raven/Sysadmin/ASR.Quotes.html)
Old May 12th 07, 11:05 PM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Rabbit

We have large sensitive penises and vaginas because those earlier
humans who had smaller ones were not as happy surviving as we were,
and failed to thrive and breed and succeed as well as we did!! This
can be construed specielly as "going on strike for better ****ing
conditions"!!!
Steve

Ummm ... yeah, okay.

You have a degree in anthropology, I'll bet.

Rabbit

Old May 12th 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
R. Steve Walz

Marten Kemp wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
h wrote:
[...]

----------------------------
A group that communicates and remembers socially.

I think you're saying that the survival prospects of the
group are enhanced by the negative examples of the stupid
removing themselves from the gene pool for the edification
and amusement of the rest.

--------------------
That may be a feature, or a bug. But it is important not to
denigrate those whose curiosity gets them to do self-destructive
things, because their sacrifice increases speciel survivability
NOT merely by negative xample, but POSITIVELY by the information
they retrieve in such an activity, that could NOT be gleaned any
other way! In other words, a species can be MORE survivable if
they utlize sacrifice players!

This is true, as is the fact
that the stupid or unthinking don't pay attention to the
negative examples and go on to Darwinize themselves in the
same way.
-- Marten Kemp

------------------------------
You're with great misunderstanding mis-using the term "Darwin"-ize
and failing to grasp that a species may STRONGLY increase its
survivability precisely by the use of sacrifice players.

This can be the MAJOR advantage of our group sociality.

-=-=-
... Remember to chant "Pie Jesu domine, dona eis requiem" whenever you
do that.
-- Peter Gutmann

---------------------------
This was what the nut-fringe group of monks were chanting in Monty
Python and the Holy Grail, as they walked by in line beating themselves
in the head with stone tablets! It means, in Latin, Sweet Lord Jesus,
Give Them Peace! (BAng two tablets on your head and call me in the
morning!)
Steve
Old May 12th 07, 11:16 PM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
R. Steve Walz

Rabbit wrote:

We have large sensitive penises and vaginas because those earlier
humans who had smaller ones were not as happy surviving as we were,
and failed to thrive and breed and succeed as well as we did!! This
can be construed specielly as "going on strike for better ****ing
conditions"!!!
Steve

Ummm ... yeah, okay.

You have a degree in anthropology, I'll bet.

Rabbit

------------
Nope, Physics.
Steve
Old May 12th 07, 11:54 PM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Marten Kemp

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
h wrote:
[...]

Oh, okay.

[...]

Only if the rest of the group pays attention. The stupid or
unthinking don't, and pay the price for it. Which improves
the group's intelligence.
-=-=-
... Remember to chant "Pie Jesu domine, dona eis requiem" whenever you
do that.
-- Peter Gutmann

---------------------------
This was what the nut-fringe group of monks were chanting in Monty
Python and the Holy Grail, as they walked by in line beating themselves
in the head with stone tablets! It means, in Latin, Sweet Lord Jesus,
Give Them Peace! (BAng two tablets on your head and call me in the
morning!)

Yeah, and did you read the rest of the .sig?

--
-- Marten Kemp
(Fix name and ISP to reply)
Old May 13th 07, 02:07 AM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
R. Steve Walz

Marten Kemp wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
h wrote:
[...]

-------------
Uh. Alright.

[...]

-------------------
Fait acompli, you sure did.

The stupid or
unthinking don't, and pay the price for it. Which improves
the group's intelligence.

-----------------------
There are no "unthinking". And sacrifice players are ALWAYS useful,
so even the "less-thinking" are useful to those remaining.

... Remember to chant "Pie Jesu domine, dona eis requiem" whenever you
do that.
-- Peter Gutmann

---------------------------
This was what the nut-fringe group of monks were chanting in Monty
Python and the Holy Grail, as they walked by in line beating themselves
in the head with stone tablets! It means, in Latin, Sweet Lord Jesus,
Give Them Peace! (BAng two tablets on your head and call me in the
morning!)

Yeah, and did you read the rest of the .sig?
-- Marten Kemp

---------------------
Yeah, it was not appropros.
Steve
Old May 13th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Marten Kemp

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
h wrote:
[...]

In the way that the unwary are useful to the remainder
while crossing a minefield?

... Remember to chant "Pie Jesu domine, dona eis requiem" whenever you
do that.
-- Peter Gutmann
---------------------------
This was what the nut-fringe group of monks were chanting in Monty
Python and the Holy Grail, as they walked by in line beating themselves
in the head with stone tablets! It means, in Latin, Sweet Lord Jesus,
Give Them Peace! (BAng two tablets on your head and call me in the
morning!)

Yeah, and did you read the rest of the .sig?

Yeah, it was not appropros.

It was in connection with the cabling of SCSI devices,
which is one of those Black Arts of the Computer Realm.

Never mind, I didn't expect you to get it.

--
-- Marten Kemp
(Fix name and ISP to reply)
Old May 14th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
R. Steve Walz

Marten Kemp wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:

The stupid or
unthinking don't, and pay the price for it. Which improves
the group's intelligence.

There are no "unthinking". And sacrifice players are ALWAYS useful,
so even the "less-thinking" are useful to those remaining.

In the way that the unwary are useful to the remainder
while crossing a minefield?

-------------------------
And not JUST that, the simple fact that they reduced the mines
out there by one, but that they established a known good path
where a mine is no longer!

... Remember to chant "Pie Jesu domine, dona eis requiem" whenever you
do that.
-- Peter Gutmann
---------------------------
This was what the nut-fringe group of monks were chanting in Monty
Python and the Holy Grail, as they walked by in line beating themselves
in the head with stone tablets! It means, in Latin, Sweet Lord Jesus,
Give Them Peace! (BAng two tablets on your head and call me in the
morning!)
Yeah, and did you read the rest of the .sig?

Yeah, it was not appropros.

It was in connection with the cabling of SCSI devices,
which is one of those Black Arts of the Computer Realm.

Never mind, I didn't expect you to get it.

---------------------------
Nawh, I know that, it just didn't seem relevant. Anyway, the only
problem with ribbon cabling SCSI is getting the ground lines tied
on only one end so that they don't cause ground-loops. Oldschool.
Steve
Old May 14th 07, 03:36 AM posted to alt.support.childfree,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
Marten Kemp

R. Steve Walz wrote:
Marten Kemp wrote:
R. Steve Walz wrote:

The stupid or
unthinking don't, and pay the price for it. Which improves
the group's intelligence.
There are no "unthinking". And sacrifice players are ALWAYS useful,
so even the "less-thinking" are useful to those remaining.

In the way that the unwary are useful to the remainder
while crossing a minefield?

-------------------------
And not JUST that, the simple fact that they reduced the mines
out there by one, but that they established a known good path
where a mine is no longer!

Yeah, useful.

[...]

And jumpering a heterogenous collection of drives for termpower,
spinup, and separate addressing. Oh, and the occasional "force
SE mode." Bonus points for archived dox on the manufacturers'
sites and those tiny little jumpers (I always seem to be
manipulating jumpers in inadequate lighting).

--
-- Marten Kemp
(Fix name and ISP to reply)

Yes, but Ghod help you if you ctrl-alt-del while using it. -- Keith A.
Glass
(from http://home.xnet.com/~raven/Sysadmin/ASR.Quotes.html)