how long can i use my arms reach co-sleeper?

Old October 8th 03, 11:18 PM
Karen

Default how long can i use my arms reach co-sleeper?

We used our Arm's Reach as Kate mentioned, until we were afraid he'd
crawl over the side, maybe eight months. At that point, we put it away
and took the side off the crib and attached it next to the bed. I wished
we'd never spent the money on the co-sleeper and had just hooked up the
crib in the first place, but first time around, you just don't know
what's what and how it's all going to work out, so whatever. We did loan
the cosleeper to friends who used it for about 5 months, so at least it
got some more use.

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 and almost 1/2, who just recently asked for his
own bed-

Old October 9th 03, 01:17 AM
JennP

"astrid" wrote in message
m...
Hello everyone:

Question to the wise and experienced. How long can i use an arms
reach co-sleeper? And what do i do if i want to put the baby down for
a nap while i step away for a moment? Can i leave the baby alone. This
is my first baby needless to say. What i do know is i want the baby
sleepign next to me and my husband.

Any and all advice would be helpful. The baby will be in our room at
least for 7 months and i am not sure if i should just get a crib that
is right next to my bed.

What does the manufacturer recommend? I have the Arm's Reach but don't
remember. I'd say until the baby starts to really move around/pull self
up/creep, etc.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 9th 03, 04:11 AM
Karen Askey

We use and love our Arm's Reach. I wish I'd bought it for my first child. THe
weight limit is up to 35 pounds. I made sure of that b/c DS#1 was 22 pounds at
7 months and most bassinets and other smallish cribs had a weight limit of
15-20 pounds.

We still put DS#2 in it for naps and for sleeping at nite even though he is
almost 7 months. I see us continuing to do this for a long time. Fortunately
for us, he still loves to be swaddled for sleeping, so he can't really get
around. We have to use a folded sheet to swaddle him now that he's so huge,
though!

I love the Arm's Reach. I really do. We're goign on vacation next week and
we'll take it with us. Plus, you can use it as a playpen later on if you don't
want to use it as a sleeper anymore. And can't you drop the mattress down?
Maybe not--I haven't read that far.

koa
Still nursing James, 02/06/01
EP'ing for Joey 04/02/03 (BCP)

Old October 10th 03, 03:11 AM
astrid

Thank you everyone. i think a lot of this depends on the child. I
was also wondering why not just take a crib and pull off a side.
Though I would need a crib that is low enough. What kind of crib do
you use?

Old October 15th 03, 10:06 PM
H Schinske

Thank you everyone. i think a lot of this depends on the child. I
was also wondering why not just take a crib and pull off a side.
Though I would need a crib that is low enough. What kind of crib do
you use?

You can do that, a friend of mine did. Most cribs will lower to the same height
as a bed. You do need to be very careful about the gap between the crib and the
bed -- not sure what the safest thing is to do there, but make sure the crib
can't move away from the bed, that nothing can get jammed down in the crack
between, etc.

--Helen

Scheherazade's birthstory (stillbirth, long) Emily Pregnancy 59 March 8th 04 11:30 PM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 07:57 PM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 09:37 PM
Lann's birth story! (very, very long!) Em Pregnancy 30 October 10th 03 02:33 PM
Jaden's birth story (very, very long!) Cheryl S. Pregnancy 14 September 14th 03 03:13 PM