POLL: What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

Old December 16th 03, 07:28 PM
Kari

Default What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

Charlotte (5) is easy - pink, pink, and more pink! She's getting a set of
Kim Possible sheets, PJs, purple unicorn slippers, Strawberry Shortcake

nail
polish, stuff like that. Her big present is from my parents - a Barbie
laptop.

Are Charlotte and Kaylie related? Lol. She loves Kim Possible, Unicorns, etc
too.

Patrick (4) also easy - anything Thomas the Tank Engine. He's also

getting
Scooby Doo PJs, Buzz Lightyear slippers, he's also asking for any and
everything remote control. His big present is a bike.

I asked Noah if he wanted a bike. Nope. He is the only kid I've ever seen
who wont play with toys. He was horrible for me this year. He isn't into
Thomas any more, makes me so sad too because I love Thomas

Lewis (2) is harder. He just had his birthday, plus he has never played

his
toys meant for his age. He likes Bob the Builder and Thomas stuff. He

also
likes motorcycles. He's getting an electric train set, GI Joe slippers,
PJs. No big toy cos he doesn't really care yet.

Yeah, they dont get into it until a little later. Its fun though isn't it?

Old December 16th 03, 07:35 PM
Sophie

Default POLL: What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

"Tracey" wrote in message
Kari wrote:

Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids,
yourself, etc..

My DD is 7 and the only things she asked for were the Fisher-Price

Imaginext
Pirate Ship and a Video Now player, both of which she is getting. She is
also getting a new LeapPad (hers just broke in October),

How did her Leap Pad break? My daughter's does not play the right sound
with the right book, and we make sure the right cassette is in it.
Apparently it's the pen. I loved the book when it worked, I think they're
great. But I'm not impressed with how quickly the pen went wacky.

Finding Nemo DVD,
Ello Jungala set and a few other things that Dad would like to play with.
No 'girly' stuff, she'd much rather play with the trains/blocks/legos.

DS is 9 months old and is getting things that the rest of us want to play
with...Fisher Price Noahs Ark, Limbo Elmo, some blocks and a Little Leap
Drum thing.

Old December 16th 03, 07:46 PM
Sophie

"Kari" wrote in message

Charlotte (5) is easy - pink, pink, and more pink! She's getting a set

of
Kim Possible sheets, PJs, purple unicorn slippers, Strawberry Shortcake

nail
polish, stuff like that. Her big present is from my parents - a Barbie
laptop.

Are Charlotte and Kaylie related? Lol. She loves Kim Possible, Unicorns,

etc
too.

Lol. I think it's a requirement for little girls to love pink and unicorns
Charlotte even has a second fave color - purple - so that's our back-up
if whatever isn't available in pink - lol.

Patrick (4) also easy - anything Thomas the Tank Engine. He's also

getting
Scooby Doo PJs, Buzz Lightyear slippers, he's also asking for any and
everything remote control. His big present is a bike.

I asked Noah if he wanted a bike. Nope. He is the only kid I've ever seen
who wont play with toys. He was horrible for me this year. He isn't into
Thomas any more, makes me so sad too because I love Thomas

I've found buying for Charlotte was much easier than Patrick this yr, partly
cos he has so much Thomas stuff already.
I have to admit, I'm Thomased out.

Lewis (2) is harder. He just had his birthday, plus he has never played

his
toys meant for his age. He likes Bob the Builder and Thomas stuff. He

also
likes motorcycles. He's getting an electric train set, GI Joe slippers,
PJs. No big toy cos he doesn't really care yet.

Yeah, they dont get into it until a little later. Its fun though isn't it?

He'll be happy with the wrapping paper - lol. I'm glad we have it cheap(er)
for a couple of yrs till he gets into it - lol.

Old December 16th 03, 07:47 PM
Kari

The kids' big present this year is an aquarium - we'll go pick out the
fish after Christmas.

Oh how cool. I bet they'll love that.

We are aquarium people too We used to have a salt water tank, Im trying
to convince my husband to get it up and running again.

Kari

Clisby

Old December 16th 03, 07:56 PM
P. Tierney

"Kari" wrote in message
Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids,

yourself,
etc..

For a child just turning two: a Little People contraption,
a few animals and several books, a drawing surface (easel
or small table, still deciding), some play food (plastic), and
some Baby Einstein discorvery cards.

And, birthday is on Jan. 4, so the above (plus a few other
things) will be partitioned out, some on the 25th, some on
the 4th.

P. Tierney

Old December 16th 03, 08:05 PM
Sophie

"Kari" wrote in message

The kids' big present this year is an aquarium - we'll go pick out the
fish after Christmas.

Oh how cool. I bet they'll love that.

We are aquarium people too We used to have a salt water tank, Im trying
to convince my husband to get it up and running again.

Kari

I wish Patrick wanted something not creepy like fish. At his drop-off
daycare they have a class rat, named Templeton. Guess what he's been asking
for for Christmas? :0

Old December 16th 03, 08:15 PM
Kari

I wish Patrick wanted something not creepy like fish. At his drop-off
daycare they have a class rat, named Templeton. Guess what he's been

asking
for for Christmas? :0

Oooh, really? Yikes. We have 4 cats so my kids know better than to ask for a
mouse, rat, etc.. Actually we promised Kaylie a pet bunny for her 8th
birthday. Well, today's her birthday and she doesn't have her bunny. We're
hoping she forgot, lol.

Kari

Old December 16th 03, 08:18 PM
Kari

For a child just turning two: a Little People contraption,
a few animals and several books, a drawing surface (easel
or small table, still deciding), some play food (plastic), and
some Baby Einstein discorvery cards.

Those Baby Einstein cards are GREAT!! I bought a pack - the animal discovery
cards - just to check them out. The 2 older ones like reading and looking at
them even though I bought them for the baby to use later on. Really
informative and great pictures. Im totally sold on the Baby Einstein
products.

Kari

Old December 16th 03, 08:54 PM
Sophie

"Kari" wrote in message

I wish Patrick wanted something not creepy like fish. At his drop-off
daycare they have a class rat, named Templeton. Guess what he's been

asking
for for Christmas? :0

Oooh, really? Yikes. We have 4 cats so my kids know better than to ask for

mouse, rat, etc.. Actually we promised Kaylie a pet bunny for her 8th
birthday. Well, today's her birthday and she doesn't have her bunny. We're
hoping she forgot, lol.

Kari

Lol - good luck. Charlotte has a mind like a steel trap, she would NOT
forget.

Well the teachers said they asked a vet which was better - a hamster or a
rat - and rats were a lot better for lots of reasons, as a class pet.
Really interesting. I'm not getting them any kind of pet till they can take
care of some aspects of it themselves.

Old December 16th 03, 10:55 PM
P. Tierney

"Kari" wrote in message
For a child just turning two: a Little People contraption,
a few animals and several books, a drawing surface (easel
or small table, still deciding), some play food (plastic), and
some Baby Einstein discorvery cards.

Those Baby Einstein cards are GREAT!! I bought a pack - the animal

discovery
cards - just to check them out. The 2 older ones like reading and looking

at
them even though I bought them for the baby to use later on. Really
informative and great pictures. Im totally sold on the Baby Einstein
products.

Great, I'm glad that they are liked. I got an animal pack
and a nature one. I like the info on the back as much as the
pictures, as it gives me something to read to her about the
animals, and so that I can make sure that *I* am telling
her the right things. I'll probably learn as much from them
as she will. ;-)

P. Tierney