POLL: What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

Old December 16th 03, 11:39 PM
mcdeo

Default What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

My daughter is 2 1/2 and is getting the My little pony things, and care
bears. She just discovered them and loves them!And some other little pony
type toys. My son is 6 and wants a Rhino movie and a Rhino book. I have
looked everywhere I can think of for these, and can't find anything. I have
tried Discovery Store, Wild Animal Park in San Diego, San Diego Zoo, Amazon,
ebay.....you name it and I have tried it it seems. Last year it was
elephants, this year it is Rhinos. I did get him the Leapster handheld
thing and the 1st grade game. Does anyone have this yet? We were debating
on it or the gameboy and since the Leapster was more educational based...we
went with that. I hope he likes it.

Diane
"Kari" wrote in message
Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids,

yourself,
etc..

Kaylie wants the Winter Wonderland Bratz dolls. I got her Dana and Cloe.

And
Neopets are really big for her too which I got her 2 of. And clothes,
already! From Limited too (ack!)

Noah wants a Game boy advance (got it) and Mario Kart for the Game Cube. I
also got him the coolest lock box thingy from Discovery kids. His age is
really hard for me..

Xander is really too young but I got him his first Baby Einstein (actually
Galileo) dvd, a stuffed Gund bear and one of those light up gym things

that
they lay under and later turns into a piano of sorts. I think Fisher Price
puts it out. And of course his first ornament!

I would love a spa treatment with the works!!! Anything else is just
bonus...

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8- today!) Noah (4) and Xander (2 mos)

Old December 17th 03, 12:16 AM
GI Trekker

My cousins' oldest daughter likes the "Left Behind: The Kids" books, so I got
her the newest two. She also very much enjoys horses, and even volunteers on a
horse rescue farm, so I got her a third book, an amusing photo book called "101
Uses for a Horse".

The youngest daughter used to enjoy jigsaw puzzles, but now seems to be into
word search puzzles, so I picked up three word search puzzle books. There was a
fourth one in the "set", but after looking it over to discover there were
puzzles for musical pop stars that included names like "Britney Spears" and a
few other questionable ones, as well as an entire puzzle devoted to the world
of "Harry Potter", I decided three out of four would be sufficient, and her
parents were very appreciative about this when I explained it.

The boy, the youngest, is into G.I.Joe action figures, the small ones and the
larger ones, so I got him an accessory set for the larger ones that I knew he
wanted, and a two-pack of the smaller ones, a couple of enemy troopers that I
knew from some toy-collecting friends of mine was VERY hard to find. I lucked
out, and I'm sure he'll enjoy them.

Got the parents a large jar of local honey from Arizona, "Mesquite-Catclaw"
honey from Stout's Cider Mill in Willcox (Web Site: www.cidermill.com). The
kids' mother is allergic to the local honey in Maryland where they live, and
they really enjoy this.
Old December 17th 03, 01:06 AM
Cheryl S.

"Sophie" wrote in message
Charlotte (5) is easy - pink, pink, and more pink!

When I read the OP I asked Julie, "what do you want for Christmas" and
she answered, "a pink present". lol. I guess she and Charlotte would
get along pretty well.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 8 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old December 17th 03, 01:15 AM
Cheryl S.

"Kari" wrote in message
Just curious what the big name gifts are this year -
for the kids, yourself, etc..

I don't know what's big name - I've never been fashionable. :-) But
Julie is getting into "girly" stuff all of a sudden. She'll be getting
a dress-up set, a tea set, etc. Other types of things on her list were
the Hi-Ho Cherry-O game, lacing beads, Animal Planet Dinosaur Bucket, a
xylophone and a US states puzzle. We've mostly asked for clothes for
Jaden since he's outgrowing them so fast and there's no way he could
tell if there was another toy added to this house anyway. I have a new
winter coat and DH got himself a digital camera. DH and I don't exactly
exchange presents with each other, we just buy ourselves something.

Old December 17th 03, 01:20 AM
Cheryl S.

"mcdeo" wrote in message
My son is 6 and wants a Rhino movie and a Rhino book. I have
looked everywhere I can think of for these, and can't find anything.

We just had a video out from the library called "Kratt's Creatures:
Heavyweights of Africa". There are rhinos in it, though it has hippos
and elephants as well. Couldn't tell you where to buy it; sorry. Maybe
borders.com?

Old December 17th 03, 01:21 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Default POLL: What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

Kari wrote:

Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids, yourself,
etc..

For the boys: game table (foosball, air hockey, etc.)
Gameboy Advance SP (from the grandparents)

For Genevieve: gold charm bracelet with a birth charm (ruby,
white sapphire, and blue sapphire for her
Independence Day birth), a baptism charm
(a tiny 18k Italian medal), and something
my parents had custom made that I'm not
allowed to see yet.
A few basic baby toys and teethers and such
wish I could find the "right" blanky

For me: PDA (old one died and I'm adrift...)
winter dress coat

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old December 17th 03, 02:27 AM
enigma

"Sophie" wrote in
:

I wish Patrick wanted something not creepy like fish. At
his drop-off daycare they have a class rat, named
Templeton. Guess what he's been asking for for Christmas?
:0

rats are lovely pets! try to get one from someone that breeds
them as pets though. most pet shop rats are from the same
breeding stock as lab rats... which means they will most
likely develop cancer by 2-3 years old (rats live araound 7
years).
other than the cancer caveat, female rats don't smell, are
very clean & intelligent. male rats are kind of musty & not so
tidy.
and look at it this way, he *could* be asking for some sort
of reptile instead g
lee
Old December 17th 03, 02:28 AM
Nevermind

"Kari" wrote in message . ..
Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids, yourself,
etc..

No big name things per se, but here are my kids' lists, and what
they're actually getting (or, what I'm hoping they're getting, as I'm
only about halfway done shopping!):

8 YO boy
--Asked for: two heavy metal CDs, two toys from the Ray Harryhausen
collection at www.aboyd.com , a copy of an old Godzilla movie, the
book Eragon, and one of those plastic spheres that collapses.
--Getting: an electric guitar plus amp (!!! he already plays an
acoustic really well), both CDs (one from an aunt), one of the toys
(from an aunt), clothes (from a grandmother), a book of two Tolkien
short stories (he's a Tolkien fanatic), the Diane Stanley illustrated
bio of Shakespeare (for kids), the plastic sphere (assuming I can find
it), plus the stocking stuff and whatever other relatives get him.

5 YO girl
--Asked for: a puppy (!), a new bed (!), Ello Fairytopia building set,
a Raggedy Ann doll, a silky white robe, pink slippers, winter coat for
her Angelina doll, "Angelina and Alice" book and doll set (the doll is
Alice), ballet dress for her Madeline doll, and about 100 other things
-- reminds me of Sally on Charlie Brown
--Getting: Fairytopia, "Angelina and Alice" book and doll set (from
grandmother), Angelina's winter coat, Raggedy Ann book, hopefully the
Raggedy Ann doll but I haven't found it yet and think it's too late to
order it online!, a Brambly Hedge book, Nutcracker CD (music),
hopefully a Samwise Gamges figure if they're still selling 'em
("Hobbits are SO CUTE!" she says -- no, she hasn't seen the movies),
either the silky robe if I can find one or a pretty nightgown from
Disney store --just saw that they were 50% off, plus stocking stuff
(incl. disposable camera and a harmonica) and relatives' gifts.

1 YO girl
--In search of: things to destroy and/or choke on
--Getting: adorable pink cloth doll, shape sorter toy, clothes, two
stuffed animals from the kids, and hopefully other age-appropriate
toys from relatives, as that's what I requested -- this was a surprise
baby, and we'd already given all the baby toys away. She isn't getting
much, but we're really broke this year and the electric guitar
purchase for DS is killing us. And she won't know any better. . .
Old December 17th 03, 02:51 AM
Cheryl S.

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
For Genevieve: snip
A few basic baby toys and teethers and such
wish I could find the "right" blanky

Checked here? http://www.initial-impressions.net/inf_lovie2.htm
Julie's got a couple of the "Bernhardt Bear".

Congrats on surviving another year of Nut. ;-)

Old December 17th 03, 03:20 AM
Tracey

Sophie wrote:

"Tracey" wrote in message
Kari wrote:

How did her Leap Pad break? My daughter's does not play the right sound
with the right book, and we make sure the right cassette is in it.
Apparently it's the pen. I loved the book when it worked, I think they're
great. But I'm not impressed with how quickly the pen went wacky.

Well, she has had it for about 4 years I think...she got it when they first
came out. The biggest problem with it is that she yanked and pulled on the
cord holding the pen so many times that the wires all frayed where it
connects so sometimes the book doesn't notice what the pen is pressing on.
The fact that it doesn't always work right (same problem you have at times)
is probably from her standing on it.

We felt we 'had' to replace it because we have about a million books for it
and we figure that DS will eventually use it as well.

YOu might want to carefully clean the inside of the cassette and the part of
the book where the cartridge gos in with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol...if
the contacts are dirty it might mess it up (I know from experience)

Tracey