Prime example of why I hate other parents...

Old August 10th 06, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids
L.

Default Prime example of why I hate other parents...

0tterbot wrote:
i'm curious as to why you "hate" other parents (what, all of them? including
me? ;-) because the zoo's policy is moronic & the child is at fault?

The parents are at fault. The zoo is merely following state health
regs, most likely.

the zoo is at fault here as well, (twice). i don't like zoos.

I don't either. But in this instance, the parents are at fault.

i don't mind
most parents, though. it's not clear to me how this incident would lead to
parent-hating, unless it's just something you like to do, in which case
finding more "reasons" is probably a bit redundant.
?

Parents fail to supervise their children ad nauseum.

-L.

Old August 10th 06, 09:56 PM posted to misc.kids
L.

Tori M wrote:
Lyn is a Childfree Wannabe. She calls the rest of us Breeder Cows.
She's Perfect because she adopted a child and doesn't let him eat in
public because she thinks children in restaurants are the nth level of
Hell.

LOL And sometimes it can be. What most people do not understand is the
parent with the screaming kid is praying that the wait staff will bring the
check RIGHT NOW. We get out of the habit of all eating at the table from
time to time, and when we do the kids do awful eating out. The more we eat
at the table the better they do eating out.

Tori

Nan is talking out her ass. We do eat out as a family but only on
Family Night at a certain restaurant. And we would leave if DS became
disruptive. I have seen parents not care of their kids disrupt
others. To me, that's the epitome of restaurant rudeness.

-L.

Old August 10th 06, 10:00 PM posted to misc.kids
L.

Donna Metler wrote:
I don't know if the waiter had lost a bet or what, but one night we were at
Dixie Cafe (a definite family-style restaurant) and every single table in
one section had a child below the age of 3, many of them with older
preschoolers as well-and this was a section which was sort of separated from
the main seating area. Actually, it sort of reminded me of
smoking/non-smoking, except that it was more like "crying/non-crying". And
it was great! No glares about toddlers being toddlers, sure there was some
fussiness at various times, but every family knew that they could be next,
so no problems there, breastfeeding perfectly fine, and lots of toddlers
entertaining each other between tables.

Meanwhile, in the other section, the other diners were pretty well separated
from baby/toddler land, so presumably they could enjoy their meal, too.

Really, more restaurants should do this - have a family section.

-L.

Old August 10th 06, 10:06 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , Knit Chic
says...

news

--
Donna DeVore Metler

I have had this happen too .. but it really bugs me. It's too "back of
the
bus" for me. If I feel as though the seat we are shown isn't appropriate
for some reason (it seems that I always end up getting seated right under
the a/c or under a speaker. I have a hearing issue and neither one works
for
me) I'll look around and request to be seated in the most appropriate
place.

Same here. I've been seated in an obvious kiddie ghetto area even with
just a
10 year old. I request a different area.

Banty

Old August 10th 06, 10:12 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Tori M wrote:
[...]

There are all kinds of disruptions in the world ... a lot of people need to
get over themselves.
My daughter has a disability and not a disability that everyone can see. If
she has issues in a public area, I will remove her from that public area if
it benefits her. I'm not going to remove her from an area that she is
legally permitted to be in for any other reason, even if that means she is
"disrupting" someone else. Some adults need to learn tolerance just as much
as some children need to learn what is tolerable.

Old August 10th 06, 10:24 PM posted to misc.kids
L.

Knit Chic wrote:
There are all kinds of disruptions in the world ... a lot of people need to
get over themselves.
My daughter has a disability and not a disability that everyone can see. If
she has issues in a public area, I will remove her from that public area if
it benefits her. I'm not going to remove her from an area that she is
legally permitted to be in for any other reason, even if that means she is
"disrupting" someone else.

Well, then you're a selfish bitch. And if your kid continued to
disrupt my intimate dinner, you'd be removed from the restaurant.

-L.

Old August 10th 06, 10:26 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Donna Metler wrote:
[...]

I think most of them tend to seat families with small children near each
other when possible. That has been our experience.

Old August 10th 06, 10:32 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Knit Chic wrote:
There are all kinds of disruptions in the world ... a lot of people need
get over themselves.
My daughter has a disability and not a disability that everyone can see.
If
she has issues in a public area, I will remove her from that public area
if
it benefits her. I'm not going to remove her from an area that she is
legally permitted to be in for any other reason, even if that means she
is
"disrupting" someone else.

Well, then you're a selfish bitch. And if your kid continued to
disrupt my intimate dinner, you'd be removed from the restaurant.

Who would do it?

Old August 10th 06, 11:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Knit Chic wrote:
There are all kinds of disruptions in the world ... a lot of people need
get over themselves.
My daughter has a disability and not a disability that everyone can see.
If
she has issues in a public area, I will remove her from that public area
if
it benefits her. I'm not going to remove her from an area that she is
legally permitted to be in for any other reason, even if that means she
is
"disrupting" someone else.

Well, then you're a selfish bitch. And if your kid continued to
disrupt my intimate dinner, you'd be removed from the restaurant.

-L.

wow ... look at you with all that power. I have to say ... I'm soooo very
impressed. not.
How are you going to do this? As I said (and you seem to have snipped)

Old August 10th 06, 11:10 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"toypup" wrote in message
t...

"L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Knit Chic wrote:
There are all kinds of disruptions in the world ... a lot of people need
get over themselves.
My daughter has a disability and not a disability that everyone can see.
If
she has issues in a public area, I will remove her from that public area
if
it benefits her. I'm not going to remove her from an area that she is
legally permitted to be in for any other reason, even if that means she
is
"disrupting" someone else.

Well, then you're a selfish bitch. And if your kid continued to
disrupt my intimate dinner, you'd be removed from the restaurant.

Who would do it?

lol, I'm wondering the same thing.
Seems that L is highly impressed w/ herself.