lamaze or french birth?

Old June 18th 07, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen

Default lamaze or french birth?

Connie wrote:
On Jun 15, 5:14 am, Karen wrote:
I had a water birth, which I can *highly* recommend, and I did the
breathing I learned in yoga classes (golden thread and birthing breath),
which also helped. I hope to find the time to post Skia's birth story
soon...

Karen

Thanks for the tip, Karen. I'm actually thinking of doing some yoga
when I reach third trimester. Do you think it's safe to do this just
by following instructions from a book?

Connie

I attended yoga classes from week 14 until my due date, and highly
recommend starting asap after the first trimester. You won't really need
all that time for the birth, but it kept me more fit and mobile during
pregnancy. If you get a good *antenatal* yoga book, it's probably safe.
although my teacher pointed out a lot of things that we should pay
special attention to or do different if we had certain aches and pains.
I liked the class, and the 20 minutes of discussion at the beginning of
each class, when all women (who wanted) briefly shared their
experiences. And I lacked the self-discipline to do the exercises at
home alone unless my back was *really* killing me. But then I was lucky,
and the classes were held at lunchtime literally two minutes from my
place of work. Another teacher, whom I actually liked better, held her
classes much further away (half an hour by bike, longer or impossible by
bus) in the evening, and I was always too tired to make it (and also
thought that the expense of one class a week was about right).

HTH,
Karen

Lamaze breathing techniques Lev Lvovsky Pregnancy 2 May 11th 07 01:37 AM
" Beloved New Orleans French Town in the French Quarter " Craigos Solutions 1 January 1st 07 04:37 AM
lamaze or bradley video? JJ Pregnancy 4 May 4th 06 10:05 AM
A 62-year-old French woman gave birth jennie Pregnancy 0 January 14th 04 03:49 AM
Bradley vs. Lamaze? Truffles Pregnancy 21 September 5th 03 01:37 AM