More efficient way to change diapers?

Old June 16th 07, 08:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default More efficient way to change diapers?

My wife and I have a newborn, well 10 days old now. I'm wondering if
there is a more efficient way to change diapers. When he poops, it
gets all over his butt, as expected. Than you go to change him and
have to use a bunch of baby wipes.

Being the person I am, I was thinking of installing a sprayer in our
bathroom sink, so instead of using a ton if baby wipes, we could use
warm water and spray his buttom off. I was thinking this might be
quicker too.

Does this make sense, or does someone have a better solution?

Old June 16th 07, 08:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

wrote in message
ps.com...
My wife and I have a newborn, well 10 days old now. I'm wondering if
there is a more efficient way to change diapers. When he poops, it
gets all over his butt, as expected. Than you go to change him and
have to use a bunch of baby wipes.

Being the person I am, I was thinking of installing a sprayer in our
bathroom sink, so instead of using a ton if baby wipes, we could use
warm water and spray his buttom off. I was thinking this might be
quicker too.

Does this make sense, or does someone have a better solution?

You sound like such a man -- trying to figure out a more "efficient" way to
change a baby! LOL!~ Buy your wipes at Costco or another big box store, by
the case, and you won't care how many wipes it takes to clean his bottom!

I don't know, it also could be user error. It never took me "tons" of
babywipes to clean a baby's bottom. 2-3, maybe 4 if it was really a messy
poo, but tons? Nah. Do you wipe and then fold and wipe again before
throwing away the wipe? That's where you can be efficient!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old June 16th 07, 09:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

I'm with Jamie on 4 being about the max even for a disasterous mess. I
struggle to see how you would contain all the mess with a spray, I've
done the putting them in the bathtub and rinsing down with the shower
(when we didn't have fixed shower heads). Recently for the big messes
I've tended to grap a cloth nappy dampen it and use it rather like
Ericka says with the washcloths, but the size makes it easier and only
requires one, then it just goes in the nappy bucket with the rest of them.

Anne
Old June 17th 07, 04:28 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

wrote in message
ps.com...
My wife and I have a newborn, well 10 days old now. I'm wondering if
there is a more efficient way to change diapers. When he poops, it
gets all over his butt, as expected. Than you go to change him and
have to use a bunch of baby wipes.

Being the person I am, I was thinking of installing a sprayer in our
bathroom sink, so instead of using a ton if baby wipes, we could use
warm water and spray his buttom off. I was thinking this might be
quicker too.

Does this make sense, or does someone have a better solution?

I have a sprayer on my bathroom sink and I have used it for massive blow
outs.
You loose time by the time you clean up the giant mess in the bathroom
As baby gets a little older they are a lot more wiggly and it is awkward.
My bathroom is upstairs so it also took a long time to get warm water so
that was a drag.
When you removed the old diaper use the clean part up front for the initial
swipe of his butt. My dh will not do that and he uses way more wipes. I
use cloth wipes and they really are more efficient IMO. They might be a
hassle though if you aren't using cloth diapers.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old June 17th 07, 05:23 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

"Nikki" wrote:
I have a sprayer on my bathroom sink and I have used it for massive blow
outs.
You loose time by the time you clean up the giant mess in the bathroom
As baby gets a little older they are a lot more wiggly and it is awkward.

I too have cleaned massive blowouts in the sink. I hold baby in one
arm,
and scoop and pour water with the other hand. This is messy. Also, a
fresh blowout is very slippery; an old one is really foul (don't let
them get
old).

Dad, massive blowout = poop coming out the neckline of baby's garment.

Pologirl

Old June 17th 07, 09:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Pologirl wrote:
Dad, massive blowout = poop coming out the neckline of baby's garment.

And at the feet.... Don't forget at the feet... When Sam had a blowout
he had a good one. No messing about with only getting half the clothes
dirty.

cu
nicole
Old June 17th 07, 09:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Nikki wrote:
I use cloth wipes and they really are more efficient IMO. They might
be a hassle though if you aren't using cloth diapers.

Not necessariely. I used disposable for a long time with Sam (allergic
to wool and the microfiber covers were hugely expensive back then, as in
one cost more than two whole packets of disposables) but I usually used
cloth whipes. I needed one usually and two if he made a huge mess.
I used cut up towels, my mum has a serger and she made them for me, just
cut up an (old) towel into 8 pieces* and stitch around the outside so it
doesn't fray as bad. I've made some new ones and just zigzagged around
them which is not as great as a serger but still works.

cu
nicole

*
+--+--+--+--+
| | | | |
+--+--+--+--+
| | | | |
+--+--+--+--+
Old June 18th 07, 12:40 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Jun 16, 11:32 am, wrote:
My wife and I have a newborn, well 10 days old now. I'm wondering if
there is a more efficient way to change diapers. When he poops, it
gets all over his butt, as expected. Than you go to change him and
have to use a bunch of baby wipes.

Being the person I am, I was thinking of installing a sprayer in our
bathroom sink, so instead of using a ton if baby wipes, we could use
warm water and spray his buttom off. I was thinking this might be
quicker too.

Does this make sense, or does someone have a better solution?

The way my wife does it seems pretty efficient. First off, the
changing station is in the sink area of the master bath. She uses the
clean part of the diaper to do the initial wipe, then uses 1-2 wipes
to get the problematic areas and a final rinse with the sink.

Regards...

Change of wardrobes... Emily Pregnancy 7 February 28th 05 07:34 AM
Why change? Lanark Child Support 0 December 19th 04 12:42 AM
WTB: Paying Top Dollar for Kushies Diapers / Kooshies Cuddlers or other cloth diapers Crystal Hall General 2 August 1st 04 12:02 AM
Name Change DeliciousTruffles Pregnancy 5 September 22nd 03 09:57 PM
Name Change DeliciousTruffles Breastfeeding 0 September 22nd 03 04:20 AM