Ohio: 8 men face prison time for owing child support

Old February 4th 09, 08:33 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty

Default Ohio: 8 men face prison time for owing child support

What we aren't told in the below article is very telling..

Are they employed?
Do they have enough money to live on? Keep a roof over their head, food on
the table?
Do they get to see their kids or not?
Do they have a means to get to/from work (providing they even have a job in
the first place)?
Do they have a home/apartment or is it a cardboard box, or do they just
sleep in the alleyway down the street?

There is much more to the story then we are being told here people. If you
read the comments after the article, you'd be amazed with the tone at which
these guys are being attacked.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009..._owi.html#post

8 men face prison time for owing child support
February 03, 2009
Cuyahoga County JailRobert Paynter
CLEVELAND -- Eight parents owe a combined $192,266 in child support,
according to the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office and Child Support
Enforcement Agency. All are charged with criminal nonsupport, a 5th-degree
felony that carries a 1-year maximum sentence.
Robert Paynter, 36, of Cleveland, owes $36,513 to his children, 10 and 15.
His last payment of $28.53 was made on Jan. 9, 2003. He also owes $25,950 to
an 11-year-old child. His last payment for that child was $600 in June,
2000. Paynter is charged with nine counts of nonsupport.

.. Franklin Davis Jr., 39, of Cleveland Heights, owes $25,067 to his
14-year-old.

.. Mark Fowler, 49, of Parma, owes $15,577 to his teenagers, 15 and 19.

Damien Hayes

.. Damien Hayes, 34, of Cleveland, owes $19,661 to his 14-year-old. His last
payment was $47.96 in June 2004.

.. David Hess, 39, of Cleveland, owes $29,940 to his 13-year-old child.

.. Marc Johnson, 52, of Lyndhurst, owes $27,877 to his 13-year-old.

.. Christopher Perry, 32, of East Cleveland, owes $5,772 to his 10-year-old.

.. Carlton Robinson, 27, of Cleveland, owes $5,910 to his 4-year-old.

(The other suspects' photographs were not available.)

Old February 4th 09, 03:03 PM posted to alt.child-support
Kenneth S.[_2_]

What we ARE told in the story below just as significant as
what we aren't told. Throughout, we are told that these men owe the
money to THEIR CHILDREN. They most certainly don't. Donna J. Miller,
the reporter who wrote this story, must know this. So why does her
story say otherwise?

If these men indeed owe this money, they owe it to their
ex-wives and former girlfriends. So far as I can see, no one has made
this point in the comments on the story.

Old February 4th 09, 06:23 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics,alt.support.diet.low-carb
DB[_4_]

It's all part of the propaganda to justify imprisoning poor people over a
money issue!
Why aren't bankers and others in prison for costing us $Billions?

Old February 5th 09, 01:23 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics,alt.support.diet.low-carb
Chris

--
Any man that's good enough to pay child support is good enough to have
custody of such child.
"DB" wrote in message
It's all part of the propaganda to justify imprisoning poor people over a
money issue!
Why aren't bankers and others in prison for costing us $Billions?

Because they're too busy getting free money from the government, better
known as a piece of the "stimulus" package.