Support song

Old October 26th 03, 10:21 PM
Mike

Default Support song

Hi,

I've looked into this group from time to time. Hopefully I won't get flamed
for this but I thought I might point out a song that helps me from time to
time, Juice Newton 'Love's been a little bit hard on me'. It helps me and
hopefully will help some other people too. Makes me feel I can hold my head
up again. I've been looking after my daughter solo for a year and a bit now
(she's 4 going on 5) and I still get these maudlin, self pity moments every
once in a while where I fire up the Juice Newton, lean back and unwind a
bit. One of the things I found hardest was coming round to the realisation
that I am not neccessarily evil just because our marriage did not work out
and I would like to say anyone else who is beating themselves up about the
same you are not alone, I think a lot of us do it, I hope we get over it
completely sometime but stuff like music and knowing other people are
managing helps me personally do deal with it.

Old October 27th 03, 04:05 AM
turtledove

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:21:08 +0000 (UTC), "Mike"
[...]

That's a very nice suggestion! Music helps me too. Lately, it's been
jazz. I use to hate jazz. Now it relaxes me.

'Kate

Metallica... REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!

Then a CD of songs I can really sing to. Then proceed to sing them as LOUD
as I can.

Yeah! That's the way to get it out of my system!

hugs,
*b

Old October 27th 03, 09:08 PM
Dennis Here

Mike wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've looked into this group from time to time.

Hi Mike and greetings from Ireland

Dennis

Old October 27th 03, 09:14 PM
Dennis Here

turtledove wrote in message ...

'Kate wrote in message

That's a very nice suggestion! Music helps me too. Lately, it's been
jazz. I use to hate jazz. Now it relaxes me.

Metallica... REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!

Then a CD of songs I can really sing to. Then proceed to sing them as LOUD
as I can.

Yeah! That's the way to get it out of my system!

I went for the heavy stuff as well, mainly Led Zep as well as a lot of blues
music. The trouble was that after a while it all became too depressing and
when I looked over my CD's for something lively, there wasn't one!
Far more balanced now but I still give "Dazed and Confused" a nostalgic
blast occasionally.

Dennis

Old October 27th 03, 11:10 PM
ŠkatŠ

'Kate wrote in message

That's a very nice suggestion! Music helps me too. Lately, it's been
jazz. I use to hate jazz. Now it relaxes me.

Metallica... REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!

Then a CD of songs I can really sing to. Then proceed to sing them as

LOUD
as I can.

Yeah! That's the way to get it out of my system!

I went for the heavy stuff as well, mainly Led Zep as well as a lot of

blues
music. The trouble was that after a while it all became too depressing and
when I looked over my CD's for something lively, there wasn't one!
Far more balanced now but I still give "Dazed and Confused" a nostalgic
blast occasionally.

Dennis

Wow... Heavy stuff = Metallica? I always thought they were crybabies...
C'mon... Metallica, in ukrainian, means butterfly. I find Led Zep great,
but I guess I'm still a baby... I've, lately, been listening to a lot of the
usual... Hatebreed, In Flames, Earth Crisis, Minor Threat... I've also been
listening to the older stuff I've always loved; Joy Division, The Church,
Sonic Youth, Echo & the Bunnymen... Music is definitely my second life, when
that second life pokes out from the shadows once in a blue moon lately...

Old October 28th 03, 10:19 PM
Andrew

Default Support song/whoops, sorry Dennis and group

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the greetings, nice to feel welcomed, I am just across the water
from you in England. My apologies, I posted a couple of messages using an
account I set up as a demo for a friend. Deleted the account now and put my
name back in properties, my name actually Andrew, not Mike.
Best regards,

Andrew

Old October 30th 03, 07:40 PM
Dennis Here

Andrew wrote in message ...

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the greetings, nice to feel welcomed, I am just across the water
from you in England.

I am also English, from Devon, but have lived here for the last 13 years.

Dennis

Old November 2nd 03, 01:05 AM
turtledove

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message

[...]

Kat, I'm so excited to see someone else who loves The Church!
I love Metallica because of the whole base line and drum lines. They rock!
:-)!!

Though I'm more an electronica girl now.

hugs,
*b