"Stay-at-home dilemma"

Old July 4th 05, 07:18 PM

Cathy Weeks wrote:

But here you go (from a website that caters to women):
http://www.venus-on-top.com/men-just-want-mommy.html

I hardly think this is a ah, reputable site, nor would I consider it
reliable.

I agree about the website and I even commented on it, but did you even
read the article? Let me help you out by pointing out the most
important paragraph:
"A University of Michigan study found that men prefer to marry women in
subordinate jobs than womem who are supervisors. Another study by
British researchers suggests that successful men would rather have
traditional wives, more like their mothers. They also reported that the
higher a woman's IQ, the less chance she has to marry."

Now, I would love to have access to both research studies that were
cited so that I can link them for people who are socially inept, such
as yourself, but I do not have that ability (in regards to this case).

In all fairness to you, I did come up with something called "peer
marriage" in researching this subject. I will have to look into this
more because it reeked of feminism propaganda.

I'm curious what you think feminism is?

A false ideology fueled by untruths. Even the name is sexists. I just
hope the government corrects the damage caused by the feminist lies and
makes the laws equal to both men and women.

Cathy Weeks

Regards...

Old July 4th 05, 09:20 PM
Cathy Weeks

Cathy Weeks wrote:

But here you go (from a website that caters to women):
http://www.venus-on-top.com/men-just-want-mommy.html

I hardly think this is a ah, reputable site, nor would I consider it
reliable.

I agree about the website and I even commented on it, but did you even
read the article? Let me help you out by pointing out the most
important paragraph:
"A University of Michigan study found that men prefer to marry women in
subordinate jobs than womem who are supervisors. Another study by
British researchers suggests that successful men would rather have
traditional wives, more like their mothers. They also reported that the
higher a woman's IQ, the less chance she has to marry."

I read the article. And I hardly think it's reputable, as I mentioned
earlier. Unless it gives REFERENCES that can be traced and looked up,
it could be making it all up, as far as your or I or anyone else knows.
Vernor Vinge didn't call it the "Net of a thousand Lies" for nothing.

Now, I would love to have access to both research studies that were
cited so that I can link them for people who are socially inept, such
as yourself, but I do not have that ability (in regards to this case).

What makes you think I'm socially inept? I'm rather puzzled by that.

In all fairness to you, I did come up with something called "peer
marriage" in researching this subject. I will have to look into this
more because it reeked of feminism propaganda.

I'm curious what you think feminism is?

A false ideology fueled by untruths.

Actually, I agree that some of it is indeed fuled by untruths. I think
the feminist stance that the only difference between boys and girls is
that of socialization is idiotic. But, every movement has it's
missteps, and poor leaders.

Even the name is sexists. I just
hope the government corrects the damage caused by the feminist lies and
makes the laws equal to both men and women.

I too hope that laws are equal to both men and women. Custody should
be awarded to the parent best equipped to raise the child, REGARDLESS
OF GENDER, or better yet, shared equally, or as close to equally as
possible. I believe that men and women should be paid equally for
equal work. Feminism is needed until the latter goal is achieved.

Cathy Weeks

Old July 4th 05, 09:52 PM
KC

Cathy Weeks wrote:

I too hope that laws are equal to both men and women. Custody should
be awarded to the parent best equipped to raise the child, REGARDLESS
OF GENDER, or better yet, shared equally, or as close to equally as
possible. I believe that men and women should be paid equally for
equal work. Feminism is needed until the latter goal is achieved.

I've personally always been paid equally to men when I was doing equal
work, but I've always lived in California. Perhaps in some other
states this is not the case. I also frequently sought out "man's work"
so that I could make more money because I am a very money oriented
person.

KC

Old July 5th 05, 09:24 AM
KC

Cathy Weeks wrote:
KC wrote:
wrote:
They also reported that the
higher a woman's IQ, the less chance she has to marry."

I can believe this. I found hordes of dolts out there in the dating
arena, but it was harder to find a man intelligent enough for me to
want to marry; not impossible, but harder.

I've only dated one man who was put off by the fact that I was smarter
than he was (we had only the one date, and I wasn't interested) - most
of the guys in college and grad school that I dated liked me *because*
I was an intelligent person.

I had few dates in high school, and I was considered even then to be
"one of the smart ones", however, the women who had lots of dates back
then all graduated in the top 10 of my high school class. The
salutatorian was *the* sought after HS girl.

I'm sure there *are* idiots out there who would be intimidated by a
smart woman (since I dated one), but it wasn't really an issue for me,
because like you, I wouldn't have been interested.

I think you missed my point. I was commenting that it was difficult
for an intelligent woman to get married (turning what he said around to
the women choosing to not marry) because it is harder to meet
intelligent enough men. I do not necessarily think men are put off by
an intelligent woman, although I have dated a few who were put off. In
school I could always find suitable men, but outside of school it was
harder to meet acceptable men.

KC

Old July 5th 05, 03:09 PM
Cathy Weeks

KC wrote:
Cathy Weeks wrote:

I think you missed my point. I was commenting that it was difficult
for an intelligent woman to get married (turning what he said around to
the women choosing to not marry) because it is harder to meet
intelligent enough men. I do not necessarily think men are put off by
an intelligent woman, although I have dated a few who were put off. In
school I could always find suitable men, but outside of school it was
harder to meet acceptable men.

I didn't miss your point. I was mostly agreeing with you, and relating
my own experiences. If it seemed as if I was arguing, then I apologise
for not being more clear.

Cathy Weeks

Old July 5th 05, 04:45 PM

Cathy Weeks wrote:
wrote:
Cathy Weeks wrote:

I read the article. And I hardly think it's reputable, as I mentioned
earlier. Unless it gives REFERENCES that can be traced and looked up,
it could be making it all up, as far as your or I or anyone else knows.
Vernor Vinge didn't call it the "Net of a thousand Lies" for nothing.

OK, point taken. So I spent more time on this particular article. I did
a search for "Men Just Want Mommy" which led to interesting view points
and articles. In this article, it described the way they got their
results in one research study:

http://chamberlin.blogspot.com/2005/...s-well-as.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/a8o2w

In the above URL, notice that the British Study was conducted with 4
universities. I couldn't find these studies, but I did find the doctor
Stephanie Brown mentioned and she turned out to be a real person. Then
they stated that her research was released late last year in the
Evolution and Human Behavior journal. Well, I'll let you search for it
on your own time. The website is called:
www.hbes.com

What makes you think I'm socially inept? I'm rather puzzled by that.

I conclude that only a socially inept person will question the obvious.

Actually, I agree that some of it is indeed fuled by untruths. I think
the feminist stance that the only difference between boys and girls is
that of socialization is idiotic. But, every movement has it's
missteps, and poor leaders.

I, personally, can't see any positive aspect of the feminist movement.
I state this because the movement focuses on one sex instead of the
equality of the sexes.

Even the name is sexists. I just
hope the government corrects the damage caused by the feminist lies and
makes the laws equal to both men and women.

I too hope that laws are equal to both men and women.

Hopefully soon they will be.

Custody should
be awarded to the parent best equipped to raise the child, REGARDLESS
OF GENDER, or better yet, shared equally, or as close to equally as
possible.

Taa Taa! Did you miss out on the thread with Sarah and I?

I believe that men and women should be paid equally for
equal work.

That, by the way, is one of those feminist lies. Today, there is no
wage differences between men and women.

Feminism is needed until the latter goal is achieved.

An idealogy that diminishes or disparages one sex to advance another
sex is not equal nor needed. I can't think of one feminist movement
which benefited men and women equally.

Cathy Weeks

Regards...