"Why God is Pro-choice" (was: To agsf_57)

Old September 5th 05, 10:04 PM

Default "Why God is Pro-choice" (was: To agsf_57)

agsf_57 wrote:
Sarah Vaughan wrote:

Do you mind giving your opinion on the subject as
to why you feel that God is not pro-choice?

Because it would be hard for a non-existent being to take any kind of position on the matter.

However, that's irrelevant.

That's correct, because it doesn't explain: "Judging from the context
in which you last used that phrase, I still don't think you understand
what 'pro-choice' means."

I don't have to believe in Santa Claus to understand what a X-mas gift
is.

I wasn't objecting
to the fact that you feel God is pro-choice, but to the fact that
you feel that a miscarriage of a wanted pregnancy is evidence of
that.

It was God's will that the baby wasn't born. Because I am sure that if
God wanted that baby to be born, he would have allowed it. Seeing how
God allowed the baby to be aborted, he approves abortion as a possible
outcome of a pregancy. Therefore, making God pro-choice.

So, do I understand what pro-choice means or what?

Sarah

Regards...

Old September 6th 05, 09:44 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message .com,
" writes

Seeing how
God allowed the baby to be aborted, he approves abortion as a possible
outcome of a pregancy. Therefore, making God pro-choice.

So, do I understand what pro-choice means or what?

Or what.

Pro-choice refers to the belief that each individual pregnant woman
should get the choice of whether or not to end her own pregnancy.
Forcibly ending the pregnancy of a woman who wishes to continue her
pregnancy is no more pro-choice than preventing a woman who wishes to
end her pregnancy from doing so.

BTW, in case you didn't see, I've replied to your post in the 'Not the
real father' thread as well.

Sarah

--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.blogspot.com

But how do we _know_ that nobody ever said on their deathbed that they wished
they’d spent more time at the office?

Old September 6th 05, 11:29 PM

Sarah Vaughan wrote:
In message .com,
" writes

Seeing how
God allowed the baby to be aborted, he approves abortion as a possible
outcome of a pregancy. Therefore, making God pro-choice.

So, do I understand what pro-choice means or what?

Or what.

Pro-choice refers to the belief that each individual pregnant woman
should get the choice of whether or not to end her own pregnancy.

Forcibly ending the pregnancy of a woman who wishes to continue her
pregnancy is no more pro-choice than preventing a woman who wishes to
end her pregnancy from doing so.

Since you edited my post in regards to God's will, I will expand on
this because it is important. The power and choice of God to allow or
end a pregnancy supersedes that of a mortal woman. Since God allows
miscarriages as a possible outcome, thus ending the life of a
child/fetus, one must conclude that God holds a pro-choice belief
system.

BTW, in case you didn't see, I've replied to your post in the 'Not the
real father' thread as well.

Really? I'm sorry, it didn't show up on the Google radar. I'll hunt it
down and respond when time permits.

Sarah

Regards...

Old October 2nd 05, 11:18 AM
Sarah Vaughan

Taken to e-mail, as it's now so far off topic. (So if your address
isn't valid, let me know.)

Sarah

Old October 3rd 05, 01:27 AM

Sarah Vaughan wrote:
Taken to e-mail, as it's now so far off topic. (So if your address
isn't valid, let me know.)

Sarah

I hope you don't mind, I make my comments public so that other people
can see another person's viewpoint and join in if so desired. Also, I
feel that discussions on pro-choice matters are on-topic.

In message .com,
" writes

Sarah Vaughan wrote:
In message .com,
" writes

Seeing how
God allowed the baby to be aborted, he approves abortion as a

possible
outcome of a pregancy. Therefore, making God pro-choice.

So, do I understand what pro-choice means or what?

Or what.

Pro-choice refers to the belief that each individual pregnant woman
should get the choice of whether or not to end her own pregnancy.

Forcibly ending the pregnancy of a woman who wishes to continue her
pregnancy is no more pro-choice than preventing a woman who wishes

end her pregnancy from doing so.

Since you edited my post in regards to God's will, I will expand on
this because it is important.

On the contrary, it's completely irrelevant. Your beliefs about God's
attitude to ending a pregnancy don't affect the meaning of the term
pro-choice.

I agree. I stated that God holds a pro-choice view. Never did I state
that God alters or defines the term "pro-choice".

The power and choice of God to allow or
end a pregnancy supersedes that of a mortal woman. Since God allows
miscarriages as a possible outcome, thus ending the life of a
child/fetus, one must conclude that God holds a pro-choice belief
system.

No, one must not, because that isn't a pro-choice belief system. I
repeat - pro-choice is the term for the belief that each individual
pregnant woman should get the choice of whether or not to end her own
pregnancy. What you're describing is a belief that God should get to
override this choice. This is not, by definition, a pro-choice belief.

I never stated that God should get to override this choice, I am
stating that God DOES override a woman's choice. Because God does
override this choice and because his/her ability to make that choice
follows the definition of pro-choice, then God must be pro-choice.
Unless of course, you believe the devil is involved.

Sarah

Regards...