Chicken pox

Old June 30th 03, 11:42 AM
Leah Adezio

Default Chicken pox

"==Daye==" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:38:17 EDT, "CBI"
wrote:

"Christine" wrote in message
. com...

So I have this theory that if you don't get a very strong case of it,
you may get it again. Just *my* theory.

It's a pretty good one.

Actually I think the opposite way. If you have a light case, you
obviously have some natural immunity to it. Because there is a
natural immunity, your breakout would be a lot less than other
people's. If you are exposed again, your natural immunity + the
fact that you had the pox would make it so it didn't have a
chance.

Everyone I have ever known to get it more than once had a HORRID
case of the pox the first go around.

FWIW, when OS was a toddler, he had a *very* mild case of chicken pox -- I
don't think he had more than five tiny blisters on his body (and the
pediatrician confirmed that they were indeed chicken pox).

When he was 9, he got a *horrid* full blown case -- blisters in his hair, in
his mouth, near his genitals....he was miserable for over a week. YS got
them two weeks later and his were bad, too.

Leah

==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

Old July 4th 03, 12:20 AM
Tamex

wrote:

"Christine" wrote in message
.com...

So I have this theory that if you don't get a very strong case of it,
you may get it again. Just *my* theory.

It's a pretty good one.

Actually I think the opposite way. If you have a light case, you
obviously have some natural immunity to it. Because there is a
natural immunity, your breakout would be a lot less than other
people's. If you are exposed again, your natural immunity + the
fact that you had the pox would make it so it didn't have a
chance.

Everyone I have ever known to get it more than once had a HORRID
case of the pox the first go around.

I've had chicken pox twice--a mild case at 2, which gave me enough
immunity to not get it during elementary school, and then a bad case
when I was 18. My sister never got pox during elementary school, and
didn't catch it until I got it the second time, when she was 15.

So, perhaps there is something to the "natural immunity" idea, but
apparently that natural immunity can wear off over time, or at least
it only goes so far.

Therefore, I think CBI's theory is a pretty good one, too.
--
Tamex

No matter how much Jell-o you put in the pool, you still can't walk on water.

**remove Tricky Dick to reply by e-mail**

Spousal Debate: Time to Oneself Sonnie B. General 259 May 26th 04 04:03 AM
Need help- any cooks out there? Ashley's mommy General 114 April 4th 04 06:56 PM
mexico firefighter test write 123, turn on the water, jum General 0 March 25th 04 05:01 PM
what have I done? Mindy M General 47 December 20th 03 04:27 AM
Novel "In Search of Chicken Hawks. Pedophiles and the Internet." First 4 chapter, comments welcome. MAKFBINA176 General 0 December 19th 03 01:54 PM