Would you travel more if you didn't have kids?

Old January 11th 06, 11:39 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Would you travel more if you didn't have kids?

Claire Petersky wrote:
We recently had a dinner party, one couple, and four guests who were single.
After the party, one of my husband's comments was how much everyone there
travels. One of the guests left the party early because she was flying out
to Hawaii early the next morning. People talked about diving in the Red Sea,
a recent trip to Indonesia, the list went on and on. I said to DH that none
of those people had kids full-time. Even the couple only had one kid from a
previous marriage who they don't have custody of. It's a lot easier to go
places and have the money to travel if you're not raising kids.

Comments?

I agree. Alone the fact of airfare times four can be limiting money
wise, and once you're locked into a school schedule you *have* to travel
during peak season, which makes crowds and availability tough. Added
to that the more exotic locations which can be less than kid-friendly
and we haven't left the East Coast in years.

Lesley

Old January 16th 06, 05:41 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated

For me, the issue is more money than traveling with my daughter and husband.
She's almost 4, and we've went to Florida with her before, we're thinking of
a western trip. I think it actually is more difficult when they're in school
(and of course, costs mount as they get older).

These friends of yours may be seeing the world, but there's nothing like
having a baby. She is my world.

Theresa