IVF? No chance!

Old July 22nd 04, 06:40 AM
Father O'Nearly

Default IVF? No chance!

My wife and i have been trying for a baby for several years but we
have had no luck. I am 42 and my wife is 38 and probably has hard
boiled eggs by now.It seems that the only way forward is to go through
with IVF treatment which is free on the NHS here in England.
Unfortuneatly, we cannot have free IVF treatment because i have
children from a past relationship.This is grossly unfair to my wife or
any other women who needs this treatment but cannot afford it. I have
never been allowed any contact with my children and they have been
kept away from me by their selfish mother who would rather hang on to
them as long as she can until they are older and can make decisions
for themselves. How can my wife be penalised like this for my past?

The CSA would want to take my wife's earnings into account for my past
family and now has to be limited in her access to free IVF too. I will
never have a family of my own and my wife will never have a baby
because of my ex either.
Old July 23rd 04, 06:14 AM
AZ Astrea

"Father O'Nearly" wrote in message
m...
[...]

----------------------
Well, maybe you should consider yourself lucky in some respects. First of
all IVF is a nasty business and you could end up with more than a baby, like
3,4 or 5 babies. None of which could be very healthy.
Why not consider adopting?
And if nothing else you do have each other. Two are a family.

~AZ~

Old July 23rd 04, 07:56 AM
PBu7434922

[...]

does the health authority that you are dealing with have egg sharing? It could
be a way for you to get treatment.

Paula

Old July 23rd 04, 06:23 PM
short

[...]

Heh, just try to adopt. My wife and I tried and tried to have a baby, and
couldn't. Then we started the adoption process, and BAM!

Now we have 2, an 11 month old an an 8 month old.

short