3rd pregnancy sooo much harder?!

Old November 9th 04, 07:10 PM
Circe

Katie Jaques wrote:
"Circe" wrote in message
news:24Rjd.90611$bk1.19929@fed1read05...
Since there's some research suggesting that excessive nausea during
pregnancy is more common when the mother is carrying a girl, I
wonder if
it's not the gender of the baby rather than maternal age and/or
having other children that makes it harder, at least in some
cases. I had my daughter
second, and I felt *much* worse during that pregnancy (especially
in the
first trimester) than in either my first or third pregnancy (and I
was 37
during my third pregnancy as well). I was never super sick or
incapacited in
any of my pregnancies, but I'd certainly rate my girl pregnancy as
the most uncomfortable/unpleasant/physically difficult.

Both my pregnancies were girls, and I was sick (threw up) exactly
once with each pregnancy.

Actually, the only time I ever went so far as to throw up was when I was
pregnant with Vernon, but the first time, it was because we all had the
stomach flu (the infamous "Plague Trip") and the second time, it was because
I had a migraine. So I can't blame the pregnancy for either of those.

I always just felt a bit "green" during the first trimester or so, but I
felt a lot "greener" and more tired when I was pregnant with Aurora than
with either of the boys.

Apart from those incidents I don't remember
feeling unwell at all. Just couldn't drink coffee; had to switch to
tea.

Maybe if I'd had a boy, I wouldn't have thrown up even once G ...

Well, yeah, you've got nothing for comparison!
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

Tolerance, equality, and personal liberty *are* moral values!

Old November 9th 04, 07:58 PM
Unadulterated Me

aj wrote:

Hi guys. I've been lurking for awhile, but decided to jump in and say hi
officially. I have two boys, 3 and 4, and I am 5 months pregnant with our
third child (a girl!). I'm just wondering if anyone else in similar
circumstances (two small kids, etc.) has experienced the third pregnancy
being soooo much harder than the others?

Mine wasn't really, but I was only 21. My last pregnancy at 33/34 was
very hard on me physically and I put it down to my age, but this
pregnancy at 35 isn't as bad...yet so perhaps there's more at play than
just age. Though I do have Rheumatoid arthritis so live with chronic
pain daily and I may be a little desensitized now to the niggles of
pregnancy as I'm coping with so much worse with just the RA.

Andrea
Old November 17th 04, 04:36 PM
Joybelle

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
aj wrote:
Hi guys. I've been lurking for awhile, but decided to jump in and
say hi officially. I have two boys, 3 and 4, and I am 5 months
pregnant with our third child (a girl!). I'm just wondering if
anyone else in similar circumstances (two small kids, etc.) has
experienced the third pregnancy being soooo much harder than the
others?

Yes, my third pregnancy was quite a bit harder than the
first two (my first two kids were 6 and 8 at the time, and I
was 37). I was sick as a dog the first half and in pain most
of the second half. My first two were boys and my third a girl
as well ;-) All was well in the end, but it wasn't particularly
pleasant getting there.

Since there's some research suggesting that excessive nausea during
pregnancy is more common when the mother is carrying a girl, I wonder if
it's not the gender of the baby rather than maternal age and/or having

other
children that makes it harder, at least in some cases. I had my daughter
second, and I felt *much* worse during that pregnancy (especially in the
first trimester) than in either my first or third pregnancy (and I was 37
during my third pregnancy as well). I was never super sick or incapacited

in
any of my pregnancies, but I'd certainly rate my girl pregnancy as the

most
uncomfortable/unpleasant/physically difficult.

Of course, I have to give my anecdote. My third pregnancy was a boy, and I
felt like I had the wind knocked out of my sails. I never felt well, I
threw up every month at least once, I was exhausted, and I cried about
everything. I felt wonderful with my first ( I had the pregnancy glow and
all), and with my second I was more nauseated and did throw up throughout
the first trimester. I think my ages were 23, 25, and 27. So, with me, I
have to say being pregnant with a boy was my most
uncomfortable/unpleasant/physically difficult pregnancy.
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01