Is childbirth really that painful?

Old August 31st 06, 07:18 AM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy
Ankmin

Default Is childbirth really that painful?

If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

Old August 31st 06, 07:28 AM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Ankmin wrote:
If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

Given women have no threshhold for pain, childbirth isnt as bad as the
screaming gals like to make out - its a hoax designed to suck in men
and encourage feelings of guilt in men for the situation he placed her
in: overweight, tired, eating for two or more and now the grand finale!

]Sigh[, the whining of women never ends.

Old August 31st 06, 08:08 AM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy
MCP

wrote in message
oups.com...

Ankmin wrote:
If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

They have child after child so they can get all the freebees that goes with it,
all the handouts in money,free house and being a little parasite at the
taxpayers expense!

Old August 31st 06, 08:15 AM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

MCP wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Ankmin wrote:
If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

They have child after child so they can get all the freebees that goes with it,
all the handouts in money,free house and being a little parasite at the
taxpayers expense!

Yep... how's it go MCP... the lower class breed like rabbits because
they are poor so the govt cashes them up.

The middle class struggles with 1 maybe 2 children.

The upper class doesn't even bother because rich ****s dont need too!

Old August 31st 06, 03:09 PM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy
S. LaRocca

"Ankmin" wrote in
oups.com:

If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

To all of these broads that like to tell any man within earshot how
painfull ****tin' out a kid is, I'd like to say... " Oh yeah, grow a set 'o
balls, and let me give you a kick baby. "
Old August 31st 06, 06:59 PM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy
ls

Ankmin wrote:
If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

Personally I think there are a few reasons...
There is usually a lot of time between pregnancies, over a year or
more. Time to forget just exactly how traumatic and painful it really
was (memories are often not of *exactly* what happened).
Generally speaking of course, childbirth is mostly uncomfortable, with
a relatively short period of pain (9 months of pregnancy vs. hours of
delivery).
And, the body produces a hormone (oxytocin?) during delivery, it helps
with the bonding process and, they say, helps forget exactly how bad
the pain really was.
Lastly, every pregnancy/delviery a woman has is different. And, of
course they're especially different between women. No one has the same
experience.

Throughout my pregnancy when I would tell women how great my pregnancy
was going and then that the delivery wasn't that bad they would
basically just say "oh really" then go on and on about theirs. They
seemed to try to out do each other; who had the worst pregnancy and/or
delivery.
Since mine went pretty well, I had no serious complications and nothing
really to complain about, they seemed to enjoy telling me how horrible
their experience was. As though it's a competition. I always found
that odd.
One good friend of mine boasts proudly how she "had the pregnancy from
hell" and the delivery "was the worst experience of my life". She had
no serious complications (just always complaining about being
uncomfortable) and a regular delivery (something like 5 hours of labor
and 1 hour of pushing). That is her one and only child, she doesn't
want any more.

Bottom line, it's a very individual experience and a matter of
perspective.

Old August 31st 06, 08:26 PM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy
gingerbeer25

S. LaRocca wrote:
"Ankmin" wrote in
oups.com:

If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

To all of these broads that like to tell any man within earshot how
painfull ****tin' out a kid is, I'd like to say... " Oh yeah, grow a set 'o
balls, and let me give you a kick baby. "

Since you will never experience it , what puts you in a position to
judge how painful it may or may not be? There is nothing wonderful or
comfortable about being pregnant. I have had two beautiful sons, and
yet I would not for a minute consider having another child. The reason
I had the second child is that I realize that the sibling relationship
is the longest relationship of life and I didn't want my first son to
miss out on that. Does that mean that it was a wonderful experience...
HELL NO, however I do not regret one day of my life that I have spent
as a mother.

Old August 31st 06, 09:10 PM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy,alt.support.attn-deficit,alt.support.autism,alt.astronomy
honestjohn

"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
oups.com...
pandora wrote:
"MCP" wrote in message
.uk...

wrote in message
oups.com...

Ankmin wrote:
If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple

children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

They have child after child so they can get all the freebees that goes

with it,
all the handouts in money,free house and being a little parasite at

the
taxpayers expense!

Given women have no threshhold for pain, childbirth isnt as bad as

the
screaming gals like to make out - its a hoax designed to suck in men
and encourage feelings of guilt in men for the situation he placed

her
in: overweight, tired, eating for two or more and now the grand

finale!

Women do the hard yakka job of giving birth so that men can be parents.
Otherwise, you're **** outta luck.

Marg

So how many sprogs have you popped out of your ****?

Bruce, what does all this have to do with a telescope operated by OS/2?

Old August 31st 06, 09:27 PM posted to soc.men,misc.kids.pregnancy
pandora

"Ankmin" wrote in message
oups.com...
If childbirth is so painful, why do most women have multiple children?
This doesn't make any sense to me.

Of course not, you're a male. Just be grateful that your mother bothered to
give birth to you.

Marg